Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old May 3rd 2011, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

laura250blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Hey everyone.

Just an update really!
Lodged my app on Feb 8th 2011, Medicals and police sent about 28th Feb...So just a waiting game now. Havnt heard anything from C/O but no news is good news i guess!

Ive heard its still a 5-6 month wait, although in an earlier thread someone said 4-5 months (oh how great would that be!)

I read the forum everyday, good luck to everyone still waiting!

Ps; sorry to be a downer...but if a defacto was refused...do you think they would wait 5-6 months to tell you, or would you know within the first few months of making the application? Just wondering....x
xxx
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

panacea1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by laura250blue
Hey everyone.

Just an update really!
Lodged my app on Feb 8th 2011, Medicals and police sent about 28th Feb...So just a waiting game now. Havnt heard anything from C/O but no news is good news i guess!

Ive heard its still a 5-6 month wait, although in an earlier thread someone said 4-5 months (oh how great would that be!)

I read the forum everyday, good luck to everyone still waiting!

Ps; sorry to be a downer...but if a defacto was refused...do you think they would wait 5-6 months to tell you, or would you know within the first few months of making the application? Just wondering....x
xxx
I put mine in start of March and was told it 'would be approved sometime in July' if that helps in terms of timeline.
Old May 3rd 2011, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Did you frontload your application? (ie, include meds and police check with application)

I think another member frontloaded hers and heard back within 5 months exactley. It would be brilliant if we could hear by july!!!
Fingers crossed!! x
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

I frontloaded my application and received my visa exactly 5 months later. Timescales don't seem to have slipped any so fingers crossed you will hear in July if not before. I know some people were asked for additional info just after lodging so I do think that no news is probably good news.

Good luck Laura and Panacea
Old May 4th 2011, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

rishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to all

Hey all,

Anyone can tell me the initial entry date issue for spouse visa?
I am now in Australia as permanent Resident here on 175 visa
My wife applied for spouse visa (309-100) on 27th April 2011.
Her co just sent an email to her to complete medical.
For example if she complete medical on 10th May.
Then what will be her initial entry by date after getting visa??

It's 6 month from medical date or 1 year from medical date
or 6 month from visa approved date or something else?
She(my wife) is from south Asia

Can anyone please help me on this issue as she plan to come in Australia at the end of December??
Old May 4th 2011, 11:09 am
Just Joined

panacea1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you frontload your application? (ie, include meds and police check with application)

I think another member frontloaded hers and heard back within 5 months exactley. It would be brilliant if we could hear by july!!!
Fingers crossed!! x
I frontloaded with police checks but not meds. Did those about 3 weeks after submitting at the request of the case officer.
Old May 4th 2011, 11:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rishadsky
Hey all,

Anyone can tell me the initial entry date issue for spouse visa?
I am now in Australia as permanent Resident here on 175 visa
My wife applied for spouse visa (309-100) on 27th April 2011.
Her co just sent an email to her to complete medical.
For example if she complete medical on 10th May.
Then what will be her initial entry by date after getting visa??

It's 6 month from medical date or 1 year from medical date
or 6 month from visa approved date or something else?
She(my wife) is from south Asia

Can anyone please help me on this issue as she plan to come in Australia at the end of December??
As with other visas, its usually 12 months, but not always. No way of being 100% sure until the visa is issued.
Old May 4th 2011, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

ponface is an unknown quantity at this point

My case officer confirmed receipt of my application on 13th April.....I "sort of" front loaded......I sent my police checks with my application & had my medical done on the 5th April.......but then my CO told me I needed to arrange a medical for my non migrating dependant which I duly did & that took place on the 20th April (my results were held back) & sent with my daughters on the 26th April..................
Been checking on-line daily at the Royal Mail & they have yet to be delivered!!!! I know there have been weekends & BankHolidays inbetween but Jeez.....could they make it anymore stressfull!!!
What happens if they are lost?? anyone got any experience of that???
I'm hoping the medical centre keep a copy......
Old May 5th 2011, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

navdeepkaur is an unknown quantity at this point

her applied date is 27 april 2011 .DIAC COUNTS TWO YEARS FROM THE DATE APPLIED SO UR WIFE WILL BE PERMANENT AFTER 27 APRIL 2013.TWO YEARS FROM THE DATE APPLIED.U LL GET PAPERS COUPLE OF MONTHS BEFORE TWO YEARS OF DUR DATE AND HAVE TO SIGN AND SEND BACK TO DEPARTMENT BEFORE 27 APRIL 2011.
Old May 9th 2011, 4:54 am
Just Joined

Tjw25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Hi all!!

I have been reading these pages for a while now and this whole thread is great and now I have finally signed up so hopefully you can help me with a few questions I have...

Just a little about my situation, I met my partner in November 2006 and we have been together since then, he is an Australian and British citizen... He moved in with me in my parents house in the UK in November 2009 but then he had to go back home (to wales) in march 2010 to work on his house, he then moved back in with me in June 2010 and we flew out to Aus at the end of June 2010...

We are planning on handing in my application on June 24th 2011, the day my WHV ends as we have little evidence to support when my partner was living with me in the UK, my parents and friends are writing statements in support of this but that is all we have... I know handing it in on the last day is a bit risky but I am hoping that we have a really thorough application to hand in and so we should be okay... I'm going to be handing it in at the Melbourne office, and just wondering what peoples experiences have been of handing in their application?? What happened, what they had to do etc??

Also, with regards to statements from our uk family and friends, what form should these be in?? Can they use Form 888 or do they just have to write out a statement?? I've read a lot of conflicting opinions about this and just wondering if anyone can clear it up for me rather than another long phone call to immigration...

Anyhow, i hope someone can help and hopefully i can help other people with my experiences, thank you in advance!!
x
Old May 9th 2011, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tjw25
Hi all!!

I have been reading these pages for a while now and this whole thread is great and now I have finally signed up so hopefully you can help me with a few questions I have...

Just a little about my situation, I met my partner in November 2006 and we have been together since then, he is an Australian and British citizen... He moved in with me in my parents house in the UK in November 2009 but then he had to go back home (to wales) in march 2010 to work on his house, he then moved back in with me in June 2010 and we flew out to Aus at the end of June 2010...

We are planning on handing in my application on June 24th 2011, the day my WHV ends as we have little evidence to support when my partner was living with me in the UK, my parents and friends are writing statements in support of this but that is all we have... I know handing it in on the last day is a bit risky but I am hoping that we have a really thorough application to hand in and so we should be okay... I'm going to be handing it in at the Melbourne office, and just wondering what peoples experiences have been of handing in their application?? What happened, what they had to do etc??

Also, with regards to statements from our uk family and friends, what form should these be in?? Can they use Form 888 or do they just have to write out a statement?? I've read a lot of conflicting opinions about this and just wondering if anyone can clear it up for me rather than another long phone call to immigration...

Anyhow, i hope someone can help and hopefully i can help other people with my experiences, thank you in advance!!
x
Hi. I can't really comment on handing in your application as I posted mine to the Aussie High Commission in London. However with regard to the stat decs., only Aussie citizens complete Form 888. British citizens can just write a statement. My husband is Aussie and his family and friends completed Form 888 and my British ones were just hand written or typed letter type stat decs. Hope this helps and good luck with the application.
Old May 10th 2011, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you all know I emailed my C/O to ask if she needed anything further (havnt heard from her since request for meds) and I got this reply;

"Dear Laura,

I will not need anything further from you. Your application is now in line to be finalised in early July this year. when I have finalised the application i will advise you by email."

Eeeek!! So I applied early Feb and ill hear back early july!

Does this sound like a granted visa?? :s
Old May 10th 2011, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

savageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to allsavageb is a name known to all

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you all know I emailed my C/O to ask if she needed anything further (havnt heard from her since request for meds) and I got this reply;

"Dear Laura,

I will not need anything further from you. Your application is now in line to be finalised in early July this year. when I have finalised the application i will advise you by email."

Eeeek!! So I applied early Feb and ill hear back early july!

Does this sound like a granted visa?? :s
It sounds like it! They have red tape to deal with in the department before they can give you your actual visa, but it sounds like your CO is satisfied with what you've provided. Great news!

When did you launch your application?
Old May 10th 2011, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Aww thanks

I know one can not assume anything until the visa is in front of you, but im hopeful...!

My application was received (ie, the money came out of my bank and my C/O emailed me asking for my meds/police) on the 8th of Feb.

I sent my meds and police about 4 weeks after, and even had a telephone interview on the 22nd of feb. Then all went quiet until I emailed her and heard that back! So fingers crossed!
Old May 10th 2011, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Aww thanks

I know one can not assume anything until the visa is in front of you, but im hopeful...!

My application was received (ie, the money came out of my bank and my C/O emailed me asking for my meds/police) on the 8th of Feb.

I sent my meds and police about 4 weeks after, and even had a telephone interview on the 22nd of feb. Then all went quiet until I emailed her and heard that back! So fingers crossed!
Oh sounds good. I also applied back in Feb and my CO told me a couple of weeks ago that she thinks I should get the visa early July too. I've still to send in a police certificate I'm waiting for from abroad, and even with that she still said July, so it looks like they are still working on the 5 month visa granting mark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.