Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Feb 27th 2011, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Voyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to all
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 onwards

Originally Posted by yoda17
Hello all

I have recently returned to the uk after my 4th visit to australia. On my last visit i met an aussie girl early in october and we have been in a relationship ever since. We have decided that we are going to stay together and to try and apply for the defacto relationship visa.

I need some advice as there are a few issues meaning we do not yet qualify for the 12 month relationship requirement.

I left australia on the 18th feb 2011 and can now only return on tourist visa's meaning i can't work and support myself.

As we were in the early part of our relationship we never even considered our visa options until it was too late and my visa was due to expire, so therefore we dont have any real evidence of how long we have been together and our living arrangements. All we have is invitations and photos and i paid for groceries and nights out and things.

She is an australian citizen but also has an irish passport so can come to the uk to live and work but cannot get long leave from work until august 2011 so that will be 6 months until we will be back living together again.

Is there anything we can do to help prove our previous time together and anything we can do to help prove that we are still in a committed relationship even though we will not be together for the next 6 months?

Any insight and advice will be very much appreciated.

thanks
You can get some statements from family/friends about your relationship which can help prove your time together. If they are written by aussie citizens they are statutory declarations (form 888)
In the meantime you need to keep evidence of remaining in contact-emails/phone bills etc. Will your partner be staying in the UK permanantly with you when they get here? For a defacto visa you need not be apart on a permanant basis. Check out the partner booklet http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm

Good Luck!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!

I got an email today telling me that my visa subclass 100 has been granted - I am over the moon! Almost exactly 5 months from receipt of my application in London. For those of you still waiting it's good to know that there don't seem to be any time slippages.

My initial entry date is 27 Sep 2011 (strange since my police checks were dated 11 Aug 2010 and medicals 16 Aug 2010). I'm not complaining though cos gives me longer to sell the house.

So now planning a celebratory weekend to London to get visa label in my passport - I know this isn't necessary with it being an electronic visa but heard that it can be beneficial to have in Oz.

Good luck to all of you still waiting. Now where's the champers
Mairi x
Old Feb 28th 2011, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

How could I forget to thank all of my friends on British Expats for all your help and patience in answering my silly questions. Special thanks to Polly and Moneypenny for their very informative answers, advice and help.
Cheers
Mairi x
Old Feb 28th 2011, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

Awww congratulations thats awesome news.

I'm still waiting to put mine in, the hubby persuaded me to wait for all of the stuff from Australia so that it can all go together to save any mix ups. Should hopefully be going in tomorrow or Wednesday, just depends which day it all turns up.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kamie26
Awww congratulations thats awesome news.

I'm still waiting to put mine in, the hubby persuaded me to wait for all of the stuff from Australia so that it can all go together to save any mix ups. Should hopefully be going in tomorrow or Wednesday, just depends which day it all turns up.
Thanks Kamie Yeah probably best to wait and send it all in together. Hope you get it all sorted and sent off soon. It'll be a huge relief to be rid of all the paperwork.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Location: Usually live in UK but on Tourist visa i Stay in Victoria, Australia
mitchelley is an unknown quantity at this point

I am just waiting for my police checks to arrive and then will book medical and am ready!!! be great to send it off finally. feels like yearsi have been planning this. When you get it approved can you not go straight away?? i noticed above that your initial entry date is sept. thats ages away. i want to go straight away as soon as get it. x
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mazza12

I got an email today telling me that my visa subclass 100 has been granted - I am over the moon! Almost exactly 5 months from receipt of my application in London. For those of you still waiting it's good to know that there don't seem to be any time slippages.

My initial entry date is 27 Sep 2011 (strange since my police checks were dated 11 Aug 2010 and medicals 16 Aug 2010). I'm not complaining though cos gives me longer to sell the house.

So now planning a celebratory weekend to London to get visa label in my passport - I know this isn't necessary with it being an electronic visa but heard that it can be beneficial to have in Oz.

Mairi x
That's fantastic news Mhairi I'm sooooo pleased for u. I'll keep my fingers crossed ur house sells and its a one way ticket. Where in oz are u off to? Best of luck.
Nic x
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

How could I forget to thank all of my friends on British Expats for all your help and patience in answering my silly questions. Special thanks to Polly and Moneypenny for their very informative answers, advice and help.
Cheers
Mairi x
Fantastic news, so pleased for you
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Kamie Yeah probably best to wait and send it all in together. Hope you get it all sorted and sent off soon. It'll be a huge relief to be rid of all the paperwork.
congratulations!!! So happy for you. Good luck in a quick sale of your house x
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mitchelley
I am just waiting for my police checks to arrive and then will book medical and am ready!!! be great to send it off finally. feels like yearsi have been planning this. When you get it approved can you not go straight away?? i noticed above that your initial entry date is sept. thats ages away. i want to go straight away as soon as get it. x
Yeah you can go straight away when the visa is granted as long as you enter Australia by the initial entry date.
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by njbrown
That's fantastic news Mhairi I'm sooooo pleased for u. I'll keep my fingers crossed ur house sells and its a one way ticket. Where in oz are u off to? Best of luck.
Nic x
Thanks for the good wishes Nic
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the good wishes Nic
Thanks Mazza12. Really glad i have somewhere to go to ask questions. otherwise would be doing it alone. nice to vent haha x
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Mairi x
Congrats. So pleased for you, must to great to be out of the waiting game. Good luck with selling the house and moving across. Enjoy the champers

Rav xx
Old Feb 28th 2011, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ravvers
Congrats. So pleased for you, must to great to be out of the waiting game. Good luck with selling the house and moving across. Enjoy the champers

Rav xx
Thanks Rav! It does feel good to no longer be waiting! And the champers is going down very well. Cheers. x
Old Feb 28th 2011, 8:30 am
Just Joined

PurpleZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone!

Fantistic forum - I've been lurking around here a bit but this is my first post so please be gentle....!

Anyway, I am currently in Australia on a 12 month tourist visa, been here about 5 months so far, the initial plan was to work up the time for the defacto visa. Had been with my BF for over a year before this but had never lived together.
Anyway, we are now engaged so have decided to apply for the PMV instead and I just have a couple of questions about that...

1. I am from the UK, but was planning on nipping over to NZ to lodge the application as its an offshore visa - is this ok or do I need to go back to the UK to do it?

2. We actually plan on getting married in the UK, so I don't have a NOIM from Aus to send in with my application, is a letter from the Church in London confirming our booking enough?

3. As visas are taking so long these days to be processed, I wasn't planning on front loading medicals, but was going to wait for them to be requested. When they are requested would this be a good indication that the visa is soon to be approved as I was planning on using this as indication that it may be a good idea to leave the country again?

I think we have a pretty good application so far as have been collecting enough information for the defacto, so fingers crossed!

Thanks for all your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.