Spouse Visa Circle

Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Where you headed ?
Hopefully, Sydney. Hopefully, asap, cos OH's job starts mid August....
Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:26 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Hopefully, Sydney. Hopefully, asap, cos OH's job starts mid August....
My wife goes home to oz in 2 weeks,i might have to move back to me ma's in DERRY to be looked after,at the age of 45
Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
My wife goes home to oz in 2 weeks,i might have to move back to me ma's in DERRY to be looked after,at the age of 45
But your ma'll be delighted to look after you of course. In the increasingly likely scenario that my OH goes to Oz ahead of me, I know that my own mother is preparing for the return of her firstborn into the creche with the same level of planning as a royal visit. "No matter how old a mother is she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement"...especially Irish mothers!!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Help please,

I have a question relating to question 25 on the form that the aussie citizen fills out to support the spouse visa application. The question asks what type of aussie citizen are you. my answer is by grant, because I am a citizen by descent from my mum who is a aussie, then it says approximate date of entry into australia. i live in uk. i have lived in aus before but that was 20 years ago. Help.

I emailed the embassy but they confirmed my citizenship was by grant and said my entry date is what I put down in question 25, but that's what I am asking them about????????????:curse:

I hope this makes sense.

please help if you can.

last thing outstanding then it's going in.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

scottishlass is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Hi everyone, just to let you know that I got my provisional spouse (309) visa today! Only 8 days after they received my application, so fingers crossed for everyone who's still waiting.

Soooo excited now!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scottishlass
Hi everyone, just to let you know that I got my provisional spouse (309) visa today! Only 8 days after they received my application, so fingers crossed for everyone who's still waiting.

Soooo excited now!
Well done scottishlass!

So happy to hear ANY movement on ANY spouse visa application at the moment - ours is stuck in traffic!

Best of luck for your new life in Oz! :-)
Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Help please,

I have a question relating to question 25 on the form that the aussie citizen fills out to support the spouse visa application. The question asks what type of aussie citizen are you. my answer is by grant, because I am a citizen by descent from my mum who is a aussie, then it says approximate date of entry into australia. i live in uk. i have lived in aus before but that was 20 years ago. Help.

I emailed the embassy but they confirmed my citizenship was by grant and said my entry date is what I put down in question 25, but that's what I am asking them about????????????:curse:

I hope this makes sense.

please help if you can.

Hi flodsfive

Sorry I can't actually help you with this one, just realised your query is languishing a bit in the middle of today's other posts.

Hope that someone in the know will be able to help you soon. Good luck! :-)
Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

MelbourneCityRach will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Well done scottishlass!

So happy to hear ANY movement on ANY spouse visa application at the moment - ours is stuck in traffic!

Best of luck for your new life in Oz! :-)
I echo that 100% - Well done you, have a fantastic new life!

Don't worry Rainydaze... there are lots of us stuck, my theory is they will also be cleared in a big rush together very soon. I notice that with the other visas, loads get cleared together.....

Well you gotta have hope or you'd go mad
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:41 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Help please,

I hope this makes sense.

please help if you can.

On my form there were a few questions where there was no straightforward answer that would be completely true, so for those I put the best answer I could - for you it be that you lived there 20 yrs ago, and then an asterisk and explained the circumstances in more detail on an additional sheet or next to the question if there was room. E.g. put the year you lived there and then next to it, Australian Citizen by grant, lived in the UK most of your life. Just a suggestion though!

Good luck with it all
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Help please,

I hope this makes sense.

please help if you can.

If you are a citizen by descent, is that not by right of birth? I thought that citizen by grant would be through residency?
If it is by right of birth, then presumably you have the proof to attach - eg your mother's birth certificate?
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
On my form there were a few questions where there was no straightforward answer that would be completely true, so for those I put the best answer I could - for you it be that you lived there 20 yrs ago, and then an asterisk and explained the circumstances in more detail on an additional sheet or next to the question if there was room. E.g. put the year you lived there and then next to it, Australian Citizen by grant, lived in the UK most of your life. Just a suggestion though!

Good luck with it all

Thankyou,
I think I will do this.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you are a citizen by descent, is that not by right of birth? I thought that citizen by grant would be through residency?
If it is by right of birth, then presumably you have the proof to attach - eg your mother's birth certificate?
That's what I thought and indeed on my citizenship it does say entered into birth register located at australian embassy, London, on sept 1971. However, when emailed them they said descent = grant. I think I will put the date as the first time I lived in Aus as a australian citizen which was 1981.

We are putting our application in on monday so I would like to thankyou all for the help. Special thanks to Pollyana who consistently helps us all.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 10:25 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishlass

Soooo excited now!
Nice one,all the very best
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

scottishlass is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone! I hope you all get your visas soon too, can't be long now
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Thankyou,
I think I will do this.

That's what I thought and indeed on my citizenship it does say entered into birth register located at australian embassy, London, on sept 1971. However, when emailed them they said descent = grant. I think I will put the date as the first time I lived in Aus as a australian citizen which was 1981.

We are putting our application in on monday so I would like to thankyou all for the help. Special thanks to Pollyana who consistently helps us all.
i wrote lots of extra little explanatory comments next to questions where there wasn't a clearcut answer as the forms are covering all possibilities - you can just write exactly what you have written above "on my citizenship it does say entered into birth register located at australian embassy, London, on sept 1971"
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

we've got our permanent spouse visa - subclass 100

took just over 6 weeks due to delays with medical referrals and requests for extra info to prove we had 5 years defacto/married

am so relieved we got the permanent one and don't have to do all this again!

better get on to sorting flights and shipping!

thanks to all who helped along the way!

Denese

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.