Spouse Visa Circle

Old Jun 27th 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Oh god love you Bernieboy!! Actually, when I read your post I seriously did wonder if we have the same case officer!

To be honest I was trying to be philosophical in that last post, when in reality I am frayed at the edges psychologically now that I'm left hanging potentially for 28 days waiting for the telephone interview. When I tried to arrange the interview in the first place, I had to have a double vodka to calm myself down, and re-read our entire visa application paperwork to refamiliarise myself with the content. Then I took a deep breath, phoned the number and went straight to voicemail ! And I was even more deflated when I got the email deferring the interview.

Really hoping we've got a nice case officer! Also hoping the case officer gives me some notice and doesn't just ring and launch into the interview - I'm going to have to be sat there like I was the other day, with all my paperwork fanned out around me all over the table and the semblance of being prepared!

Just wish it was over already cos it's all the waiting in between stages that slowly drives you insane!
Old Jun 27th 2008, 10:32 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Oh god love you Bernieboy!! Actually, when I read your post I seriously did wonder if we have the same case officer!

To be honest I was trying to be philosophical in that last post, when in reality I am frayed at the edges psychologically now that I'm left hanging potentially for 28 days waiting for the telephone interview. When I tried to arrange the interview in the first place, I had to have a double vodka to calm myself down, and re-read our entire visa application paperwork to refamiliarise myself with the content. Then I took a deep breath, phoned the number and went straight to voicemail ! And I was even more deflated when I got the email deferring the interview.

Really hoping we've got a nice case officer! Also hoping the case officer gives me some notice and doesn't just ring and launch into the interview - I'm going to have to be sat there like I was the other day, with all my paperwork fanned out around me all over the table and the semblance of being prepared!

Just wish it was over already cos it's all the waiting in between stages that slowly drives you insane!
Ah dont worry it will be sound,i just hope i dont come over all irish like and think hes from the RUC and refuse to answer his questions

When you think about it though i only put my papers in last week and i know people not going on spousal visa's waiting months for ANY contact,so we should count our blessings and be patient.Pass the vodka will ya
Old Jun 28th 2008, 3:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zevros4547
Thank you Nina & donovandenese! We are still attempting to contact the CO again about the Australian Police Clearance issue, but I suddenly thought - as his Australian sponsor, is the clearance actually done on me, not him?? Again, it'll need to be clarified with the CO anyway, it's just that my head is still churning over possible reasons for why it would even need to be included...
No, you won't need a poilce check as the sponsor. It may just be a mistake on the part of the CO.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Sharper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All.

I applied for a spouse visa to move to Australia last month and my application was supported by all the necessary evidence. I am currently living in England and my application was sent to London to be processed. My case handler requested i get my medical done a few days after receiving the application and did not request any further evidence.

So my question is this:
1. Is the medical the very last stage of the spouse visa application process (not including the difference between a temporary and permanent visa)

2. How long after your medical does it usually take for a spouse visa to be processed? (if apply in England June 2008)

Any help information you can provide will be really helpful as i can't stop thinking about when it might arrive.

Thank you!
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharper
Hi All.

I applied for a spouse visa to move to Australia last month and my application was supported by all the necessary evidence. I am currently living in England and my application was sent to London to be processed. My case handler requested i get my medical done a few days after receiving the application and did not request any further evidence.

So my question is this:
1. Is the medical the very last stage of the spouse visa application process (not including the difference between a temporary and permanent visa)

2. How long after your medical does it usually take for a spouse visa to be processed? (if apply in England June 2008)

Any help information you can provide will be really helpful as i can't stop thinking about when it might arrive.

Thank you!
Most people front-load - which means they supply the medical at the same time as applying for the visa - and visas then can be granted in a matter of days. Now they have your medical, if all is well with it there shouldn't be too long a wait - a matter of a few weeks maybe.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

zevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nice

The CO got back to us at last - and said the Aussie Police Clearance isn't necessary, hooray!! And also (this is the best bit) that it should be processed within the next fortnight!!!!

So Sharper, that sort of answers your question too. I guess 10 working days is the magic number!

I'll keep you all posted...
Old Jun 30th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

we had an email on friday from the CO saying that they were happy we met the relationship requirements for a permanent visa, and also the health requirements and they were continuing to process the application and we should hear within the next few weeks.

not sure what else they have to process!

seems like a few people are being told things will be processed within the next few weeks - and haven't heard on here of many spouse visa's which been issued just recently either..
Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donovandenese
we had an email on friday from the CO saying that they were happy we met the relationship requirements for a permanent visa, and also the health requirements and they were continuing to process the application and we should hear within the next few weeks.

not sure what else they have to process!

seems like a few people are being told things will be processed within the next few weeks - and haven't heard on here of many spouse visa's which been issued just recently either..
Yes it really feels like for us it was steaming ahead and then it's suddenly stalled, and I've also noticed the "we've got our visa" posts seem to have dried up! I really don't understand why there are such 'processing delays'.

We've not been given any feedback at all on our application, only told to expect an interview within the next month. So we're in limbo, no idea what's going on. Meanwhile, starting to get quotes for removals etc, and as I don't even know if I'm going at this stage (!!!) I'm starting to feel very unhinged!!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

i wonder if its anything at all to do with the end of the financial year and things will speed up after 1st July again - though I'm not aware of any quotas for spouse visas.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

scottishlass is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donovandenese
i wonder if its anything at all to do with the end of the financial year and things will speed up after 1st July again - though I'm not aware of any quotas for spouse visas.
I seem to remember reading that there was a quota but I think it was higher than the number of spouse visas that were applied for anyway...not sure though
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:54 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Our CO seems to have disappeared
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Our CO seems to have disappeared
Have you had ANY contact from your case officer yet Bernieboy? Just wondering if you're still on the starting block like us!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:32 pm
FREE TIBET

Have you had ANY contact from your case officer yet Bernieboy? Just wondering if you're still on the starting block like us!
Yeah he emailed to say he wanted to conduct a telephone interview last week so we sent him details of our phone numbers and times to call as requested,and phuc all since Have emailed/called him with no success
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, exactly the same boat as us.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:55 pm
FREE TIBET

Yes, exactly the same boat as us.
Where you headed ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.