Spouse Visa Circle

Old Jul 29th 2008, 11:32 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Hello Chief1980!!

I did the PMV thing in February this year. It took exactly one week from the day they received my application til I received an email back asking for one more piece of information to do with my daughter, which I dealt with by return and then exactly a week after the first email I received my grant email. Like you I had frontloaded everything. Fingers crossed you will hear very soon!!

Good luck
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:08 am
Just Joined

chandu29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hai

I have applied 880 gsm visa i.e before september 2007 under old rules.Is it possible to include partner skills in my general skilled migration 880 visa application if I marry now. Is it compulsary to have spouse onshore to include skills.

thank you.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

nina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

I applied for a PMV in June this year, sent the application in on a Tuesday and had the visa granted on the Sat. I too front loaded with meds and police checks, was amazed at how quick it was!

Good luck with your application and if you have any more questions just ask, people here are really helpful.

Old Jul 30th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

I sent off my application for a PMV too last Wednesday but haven't heard anything yet

I hate waiting at the best of times but for something as important as this is a nightmare. Nina was so lucky!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

nina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the rough

Lol

But I still don't believe it was the quickest

Not that I'm complaining at all but on the flip side as it was granted so quickly, by the time I get to Oz in October 4 months of my visa will have gone (cos of notice at work, house etc) so i'll only have 5 months in which to get enough evidence for the next stage!

Doh!

xx
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

medon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

I have a query about statutory declarations.... I've noticed people on here have said they've written very long ones (6,7,8... pages long) and wondered if this is about the average lenth? (typed I assume?) I know obviously each couple is different so there can't really be an 'average length' but just wanted an idea. Has anyone written a short one and had their visa approved? I just don't know how much detail to go into...

Thanks!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

warponydestroyer will become famous soon enoughwarponydestroyer will become famous soon enough

Sorry to but in her - but I havent had much ot a reply to my thread on this.

Has anyone on a spouse visa ( my partner is Australian) entered Australia without their partner?

The reason I ask is that we havent sold the house and I was going to go over first and start my new job while Mrs WPD stayed with the kids and oversaw the house sale, or possibly rental of our house.

Just wondering if immigration will be ok on my date of entry - or if there will be raised eyebrows ??
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:30 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warponydestroyer
Sorry to but in her - but I havent had much ot a reply to my thread on this.

Has anyone on a spouse visa ( my partner is Australian) entered Australia without their partner?

The reason I ask is that we havent sold the house and I was going to go over first and start my new job while Mrs WPD stayed with the kids and oversaw the house sale, or possibly rental of our house.

Just wondering if immigration will be ok on my date of entry - or if there will be raised eyebrows ??
Im waiting for my visa(spouse)but my wife(aussie)has already gone home.unless anybody knows better i dont think it matters who goes first.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Medon - Hiya, mine was 3 1/2 - 4 pages long and my partner's was a little shorter (and it took him ages to get that much lol), had my visa approved ok. Like you said I think it depends on the couple and how much detail you want to go into etc etc.

Warponydestroyer - I have a prospective marriage visa so slightly different but my partner is going 5 weeks ahead of me due to work, catching up with his family etc etc and getting semi settled before I arrive and also so that I have the time with my friends and family before I go. Hopefully immi will see the logical reasons for it

Hope that helps a little

xx
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Originally Posted by medon
Hello!

I have a query about statutory declarations.... I've noticed people on here have said they've written very long ones (6,7,8... pages long) and wondered if this is about the average lenth? (typed I assume?) I know obviously each couple is different so there can't really be an 'average length' but just wanted an idea. Has anyone written a short one and had their visa approved? I just don't know how much detail to go into...

Thanks!
Hi Medon,

Ours were both very short 2-3 paragraphs at most. One sheet of A4 paper, we just included Milestones in one sentence formats.

eg where met, when moved in together, first house, engaged,wedding,children born you get the idea.

we both ended with the sentence that we are committed to spending the rest of our lives together.

Hope this helps.

forgot to mention, Visa came through the day after receiving medical.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

MiniMe180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

I'm quite new here but it's nice to know that there are other people worrying and not just me! I think I'm going to be a nervous wreck by the end of this.

I was wondering whether anyone would be able to give me some advice about applying for a visa as a de facto spouse.

My partner (who is an Australian citizen) and I have been together for almost 3 years now, and we have been living together permanently for over a year. We have been living in London but would like to move back to Australia next year.

I have been to Australia twice before, and this links with my first question. I applied for both of my previous visas online so I got electronic visa numbers. Stupid me must have got rid of the emails with these numbers on at some point so I'm unable to fill in these numbers on the application form. Will this matter as the dates of when I entered and left Australia are in my current passport?

Secondly, one question in form 47SP asks whether I have ever been granted permission to work in Australia. I was granted permission when I was on a student visa. However, I can't remember the dates this permission was from and to. Will this matter?

Another question in form 47SP asks for a correspondence address for the processing of the 2nd stage visa. At the point we would be in Australia but I don't have an Australian address to put. What should I do in this case? Can I just put my current address and then change it later?

The previous point links in with this one. In form 40SP, it asks for a description of my partner's 'home'. I presume this means in Australia. However, as we are both currently living in the UK, he does not own or rent anywhere in Australia. What should I answer for this question?

And finally, just a general question about how to set out all the evidence I'm compiling. I have lots of tickets and things like that but, of course, it would be easier to have copies of these instead. Are originals of things like tickets needed or will copies do?

Apologies for the long list of questions.

Thanks
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Mo and H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa Circle - Help Needed!

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this but I have a couple of questions.
My partner is applying for 175 independent visa. We met in 2002 and 2004 we started living together. We have Oz joint bank account since 2006, utility bills, UK joint bank accounts, holiday arrangements going back when we first met, car insurance on both our names. Is this enough? Will I possibly get a temporary visa or a permanent one like my partner? If I get a temp visa will I be able to work in Oz? Will we be interview by a CO?
Thanks in advance

Mo
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:59 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MiniMe180
I have been to Australia twice before, and this links with my first question. I applied for both of my previous visas online so I got electronic visa numbers. Stupid me must have got rid of the emails with these numbers on at some point so I'm unable to fill in these numbers on the application form. Will this matter as the dates of when I entered and left Australia are in my current passport?

Secondly, one question in form 47SP asks whether I have ever been granted permission to work in Australia. I was granted permission when I was on a student visa. However, I can't remember the dates this permission was from and to. Will this matter?

Another question in form 47SP asks for a correspondence address for the processing of the 2nd stage visa. At the point we would be in Australia but I don't have an Australian address to put. What should I do in this case? Can I just put my current address and then change it later?

The previous point links in with this one. In form 40SP, it asks for a description of my partner's 'home'. I presume this means in Australia. However, as we are both currently living in the UK, he does not own or rent anywhere in Australia. What should I answer for this question?

And finally, just a general question about how to set out all the evidence I'm compiling. I have lots of tickets and things like that but, of course, it would be easier to have copies of these instead. Are originals of things like tickets needed or will copies do?

Apologies for the long list of questions.

Thanks
With regards to the ETA and not knowing the numbers, that apparently is not a problem. Just put ETA in the visa number bit and then the dates you were there. I am a nerd so I did have my ETA details but seen many people in the same situation as you and they didn't have a problem - so don't worry!!

Overall my tactics when I couldn't answer a question exactly e.g. your question re permission to work was to answer as best I could but then put an asterisk and "see section ...." and referred them to the page where you can put extra information (I can't remember it off hand - I or J i think) and then put the question number on that page and explain that you did have permission to work, but you can't remember the exact dates.

Re the address in Australia - I'm sure many previous applicants have been in the same position as you and not able to give a definitive address. What are your plans when you first go over do you think? Will you stay with your partner's family? If so, maybe put their address and again with a reference to the additional information section, just say that at this stage you have no fixed address there as you are both residing in the UK at the moment, but will notify them when you have one. Similar thing with question re your partner's address, just do an explanatory note that you are living together in the UK, but I presume describe the home you are in.

My form was full of little explanatory notes, I think the staff at Australia House are used to the fact that a form cannot meet every situation and so people can just answer the questions as best they can, applying common sense and amending as necessary.

Copies of your evidence like tickets/cards/bills etc will suffice. Don't be surprised if when you send your application in they send a big lot of it straight back to you - that seems to be common practice - I was a bit flummoxed when it happened to me!

Try not to worry too much about the application - just put it together in a logical way, try and think of it as if you are viewing the application not knowing the people concerned and see if it all makes sense to you!

And don't worry about asking lots of questions here - we've all done it at some stage or another!!

Good luck
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

confuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really nice

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
With regards to the ETA and not knowing the numbers, that apparently is not a problem. Just put ETA in the visa number bit and then the dates you were there. I am a nerd so I did have my ETA details but seen many people in the same situation as you and they didn't have a problem - so don't worry!!

Overall my tactics when I couldn't answer a question exactly e.g. your question re permission to work was to answer as best I could but then put an asterisk and "see section ...." and referred them to the page where you can put extra information (I can't remember it off hand - I or J i think) and then put the question number on that page and explain that you did have permission to work, but you can't remember the exact dates.

Re the address in Australia - I'm sure many previous applicants have been in the same position as you and not able to give a definitive address. What are your plans when you first go over do you think? Will you stay with your partner's family? If so, maybe put their address and again with a reference to the additional information section, just say that at this stage you have no fixed address there as you are both residing in the UK at the moment, but will notify them when you have one. Similar thing with question re your partner's address, just do an explanatory note that you are living together in the UK, but I presume describe the home you are in.

My form was full of little explanatory notes, I think the staff at Australia House are used to the fact that a form cannot meet every situation and so people can just answer the questions as best they can, applying common sense and amending as necessary.

Copies of your evidence like tickets/cards/bills etc will suffice. Don't be surprised if when you send your application in they send a big lot of it straight back to you - that seems to be common practice - I was a bit flummoxed when it happened to me!

Try not to worry too much about the application - just put it together in a logical way, try and think of it as if you are viewing the application not knowing the people concerned and see if it all makes sense to you!

And don't worry about asking lots of questions here - we've all done it at some stage or another!!

Good luck
oK I have a question.... we submitted the spouse visa stuff (OH is currently here on PMV), we got a letter from CO asking for more info. All she wanted tho was proff of citizenship for our stat dec people. So we have sent that back today via overnight post.
So my questions are:
1) Is that likely to be all the info they want? Would they send another letter asking for more info? or would it have been in that original letter????
2) Assuming all is well with what we sent back, how long you think we have to wait (stuff is at sydney office)

thanks Guys!
Old Aug 4th 2008, 9:25 pm
Feeble Minded

Originally Posted by confuzzled
oK I have a question.... we submitted the spouse visa stuff (OH is currently here on PMV), we got a letter from CO asking for more info. All she wanted tho was proff of citizenship for our stat dec people. So we have sent that back today via overnight post.
So my questions are:
1) Is that likely to be all the info they want? Would they send another letter asking for more info? or would it have been in that original letter????
2) Assuming all is well with what we sent back, how long you think we have to wait (stuff is at sydney office)

thanks Guys!
To be honest with you, I can't claim to absolutely KNOW the answer but my belief is that if they had any further issues, if you were lacking any evidence submitted then they would have asked for it in that same letter. However, oversights do occur, we are all human, so I suppose its vaguely possible that when they do a final checkover before granting that they could spot something else, but it seems to indicate that the main bases have been covered or they would have mentioned it! As to time-scale, I have no idea - we've got to do this bit next, so I'm watching your progress with interest!! Keeping fingers crossed for you that you hear soon though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.