Spouse Visa Circle

Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Re Form 80

I think my copy will be kept in a safe, because I COULDN'T BEAR to have to start it again from scratch two years down the line!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:50 am
Just Joined

zevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nice

Hey all, I posted on the old thread...I recognise some names but not others...

Currently my fiancee & I are in the uber-stressful waiting period. My fiancee sent off his PMV application at the end of May and he got an email response after a couple of days to say it had arrived. All he needed to forward was his ACPO certificate and his medical checks within the 28-day time limit. So he got his meds done within a couple of weeks, forwarded his ACPO as soon as it arrived, also sent in Form 80 for just-in-casers, and emailed the CO to say it had all been done.

Then we didn't hear back...didn't hear back...didn't hear back...

Finally the deadline for getting all the info to the high commission rolled around last Tuesday, so he sent off an email to check that his ACPO cert and Form 80 and med results had arrived okay. It took a couple of days but the CO did reply to say that as far as he was aware, the only thing left outstanding on my fiancee's application was his Australian Police Clearance.

And now we're in a state of uncertainty and "what the heck?"-ness. Please please please, can someone reply to explain what the Australian Police Clearance is?? We'll probably call the high commission to check for sure anyway (when my fiancee tried to call the CO yesterday he got a voice message which suggests he's actually on leave, argh!!), it's just that we can't call while we're at work coz of the cost of the call, and we don't get home till after 4pm...

So if someone could just clarify - was this Australian Police Clearance something that we should have done, or something that the high commission does on our behalf? Is that what form 80 does? Or is it the same as the ACPO?? The only other thing I can find which might relate to it is Form 1101 but my fiancee has only visited Australia twice, for two weeks each time, so we didn't think we needed the AFP in Australia to do a full-blown check on him (we thought that was only if he had been in Oz for a year or more).

Nina, I'm seriously praying we have the same CO as you did! Four days would be a dream come true at this stage!!!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

nina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

Did your partner live in Oz for 12 months or more? If so then you have to have police checks done for Oz. Bascially every country your partner has lived in for more than 12 months in total you have to have a police check done.

Luckily I lived in Oz for 10 months and usa for 11 months so didn't need one. If you go onto the immi website on the pmv page there are details of how to obtain police checks, follow this link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/part...pplicant.htm#g

I hope that helps and good luck with your application. If you have any more questions please just ask

Nina

xx
Old Jun 26th 2008, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

nina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the rough

sorry just read that he'd only been there for 2 weeks at a time, so really am not sure why they have asked for that, very strange.

I think this is something that needs to be clarified by ur CO, perhaps there has been a misunderstanding somewhere along the line.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

was it definitely an australian police clearance they were waiting for? think it may be worth clarifying this with them as if that is what they are waiting for then nothing further will happen until you apply for an australian police check.

i know how you feel with the waiting - we are waiting for my medical results which were referred to Australia - no idea how long that will take
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

MelbourneCityRach will become famous soon enough

Good luck to all with applications in! And it is good to see this thread back as well!

We put our application (De Facto) in a week ago and were asked for extra info, CO was pretty nice and suggested the types of things we could get that would get us over.

My partner was asked to do the Form 80 – Here’s a question for you all: He is a touring performer travelling abroad frequently, for example in the last 7 days he has been to Turkey, Belgium and Poland. My problem – Our CO has said he needs to list EVERY trip outside the UK for the last 10 years. That is about 1000 trips!

We did explain to her the situation, but the requirement remains, no excuses. We thought we could go back through his passport to remember dates, but that does not include trips within the EU.

Any suggestions on what we should do????? We are stumped and it is really holding us up trying to resolve it!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MelbourneCityRach
Good luck to all with applications in! And it is good to see this thread back as well!

We put our application (De Facto) in a week ago and were asked for extra info, CO was pretty nice and suggested the types of things we could get that would get us over.

My partner was asked to do the Form 80 – Here’s a question for you all: He is a touring performer travelling abroad frequently, for example in the last 7 days he has been to Turkey, Belgium and Poland. My problem – Our CO has said he needs to list EVERY trip outside the UK for the last 10 years. That is about 1000 trips!

We did explain to her the situation, but the requirement remains, no excuses. We thought we could go back through his passport to remember dates, but that does not include trips within the EU.

Any suggestions on what we should do????? We are stumped and it is really holding us up trying to resolve it!
Do your best and add a note that the info is the best you can do. Make sure all the countries are included, if not all the exact dates.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

MelbourneCityRach will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the advice. We'll do that - even the countries are tough 10 years back. someone else has suggested listing the countries and putting 'multiple entries' against them when we're not sure how many trips he's made there exactly.

He has toured Australia on his musicians visa, in fact thats how we met, so at least that is proof that that is what he does! hopefully common sense as to how hard it is to monitor will prevail!!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:40 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MelbourneCityRach
Thanks for the advice. We'll do that - even the countries are tough 10 years back. someone else has suggested listing the countries and putting 'multiple entries' against them when we're not sure how many trips he's made there exactly.

He has toured Australia on his musicians visa, in fact thats how we met, so at least that is proof that that is what he does! hopefully common sense as to how hard it is to monitor will prevail!!
I did as Polly suggested and added all the countries i have visited and a note to say they where multiple visits and was unclear on exact dates,worked for me.
My CO emailed us on monday to say all our paperwork was sound and he would like to interview me by phone regarding our application either tues or weds,well he didnt and we are still waiting:curse:
Old Jun 27th 2008, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

My CO is useless, and very unhelpful. Won't answer the phone, won't reply to emails... I know he's in the office too. I have to call the one pound a minute number to speak to anyone and get questions answered.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

domco77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donovandenese
was it definitely an australian police clearance they were waiting for? think it may be worth clarifying this with them as if that is what they are waiting for then nothing further will happen until you apply for an australian police check.

i know how you feel with the waiting - we are waiting for my medical results which were referred to Australia - no idea how long that will take
Donovandense - my medicals were referred to Australia on 18th March 2008 and I heard back (after an anxious waiting period so I empathise with you) on 28th April that they had been cleared. My CO said it was a 3-4 week for clearance so in effect it was a little over that. All the best.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 2:21 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scor
My CO is useless, and very unhelpful. Won't answer the phone, won't reply to emails... I know he's in the office too. I have to call the one pound a minute number to speak to anyone and get questions answered.
Are you calling oz house in London???? I have no probs getting through on the normal rated 0207 number
Old Jun 27th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Well at least there's some comfort in knowing that others are going through the same process, waiting in limbo, because it does suggest that these delays are the norm. I had myself all psyched up for a telephone interview earlier this week, then my case officer emailed me to say I'd be contacted within 28 days to conduct the interview. So now I'm back to waiting again! What can you do?!!
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

zevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nicezevros4547 is just really nice

Thank you Nina & donovandenese! We are still attempting to contact the CO again about the Australian Police Clearance issue, but I suddenly thought - as his Australian sponsor, is the clearance actually done on me, not him?? Again, it'll need to be clarified with the CO anyway, it's just that my head is still churning over possible reasons for why it would even need to be included...
Old Jun 27th 2008, 9:35 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Well at least there's some comfort in knowing that others are going through the same process, waiting in limbo, because it does suggest that these delays are the norm. I had myself all psyched up for a telephone interview earlier this week, then my case officer emailed me to say I'd be contacted within 28 days to conduct the interview. So now I'm back to waiting again! What can you do?!!
At least you got an email off the sod,we so far have got phuc all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.