Spouse visa

Old Oct 1st 2019, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thereandback is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa

I am an Aus citizen and hoping to come to Melbourne next Oct. My husband wishes to come out with me to see if he likes it enough to settle. Has anyone gone out on a tourist visa then applied for a bridging visa part b whilst applying for an onshore spousal visa??
Old Oct 1st 2019, 7:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa

Yes, too many, so you’ll be waiting for years for a decision. Much better to apply from the UK.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Yes, too many, so you’ll be waiting for years for a decision. Much better to apply from the UK.
​​​​​​I'm trying not to spend the extortionate fee on the visa as it may not be for him. Also the visa times for the 820 are around 20months atm which doesn't fit with time scales.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 9:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thereandback
​​​​​​I'm trying not to spend the extortionate fee on the visa as it may not be for him. Also the visa times for the 820 are around 20months atm which doesn't fit with time scales.
820/801 is the onshore Partner visa application; 309/100 is offshore. He can apply onshore but be prepared for a very long wait.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
820/801 is the onshore Partner visa application; 309/100 is offshore. He can apply onshore but be prepared for a very long wait.
That is what I meant, its been a long day. A 20 month wait for the offshore 309 is too long. A long wait in Melbourne will be OK as I won't be planning on going far. I just wondered if others had done this and its worked out OK.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 2:31 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

That is what I meant, its been a long day. A 20 month wait for the offshore 309 is too long. A long wait in Melbourne will be OK as I won't be planning on going far. I just wondered if others had done this and its worked out OK.
Applications for partner visas by those in the UK have been taking 6 to 9 months in recent times.

Best regards.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Not great if he's planning on getting a job though.
You could get an off shore one much quicker and in the meantime, if you haven't done so already, can get your UK citizenship sorted.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quoll
Not great if he's planning on getting a job though.
You could get an off shore one much quicker and in the meantime, if you haven't done so already, can get your UK citizenship sorted.
Thanks for the advice. He does need to see Melbourne first though as it may not be for him. My citizenship is all done however I do need to sort the passport which will be fun as my citizenship is now in another surname 🙄
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Applications for partner visas by those in the UK have been taking 6 to 9 months in recent times.

Best regards.
That's good to know. Thanks
Old Oct 4th 2019, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Long story but we have been through the process in the UK to get a spouse visa for my wife. At that time it took about 6 months from application to grant but there was a lot of work involved which you will appreciate - much form filling, evidence to gather and supply, arrange a medical etc. At that time the visa was valid for 5 years - my wife had to arrive and stay within that time frame. Circumstances changed and we haven't ended up moving back to Australia so the visa lapsed after 5 years; however we travelled to and stayed in Australia each of those 5 years on that visa. There was of course a quite hefty fee to pay to acquire the visa and you'll be aware of current cost off and onshore.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd be applying for the spousal visa whilst still in the UK.Are you in any big rush to return to Australia?It'll take less than a year,and if you don't do it,you'll be potentially the sole earner when in Aust,would that suit you?It would'nt me.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by livinginreality
I think I'd be applying for the spousal visa whilst still in the UK.Are you in any big rush to return to Australia?It'll take less than a year,and if you don't do it,you'll be potentially the sole earner when in Aust,would that suit you?It would'nt me.
I was just trying to save applying till my husband had checked out Melbourne. I have just been informed that I am in for a promotion at work, which is great and means I will be UK based for a while longer. May have to take a holiday instead for now.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 11:46 pm

I was just trying to save applying till my husband had checked out Melbourne. I have just been informed that I am in for a promotion at work, which is great and means I will be UK based for a while longer. May have to take a holiday instead for now.
Best all round. Use the holiday to see if it suits your husband and then apply for his partner visa from the UK with the luxury of time and move when you’re ready.
Old Apr 29th 2020, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

ben3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Im applying to take my English wife and daughter to Australia with me under the spouse visa.
Does anyone have experience, of when the visa is granted, how long you have to activate the visa? ie enter Australia?

Many thanks
Old Apr 29th 2020, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by ben3
Hi everyone,

Im applying to take my English wife and daughter to Australia with me under the spouse visa.
Does anyone have experience, of when the visa is granted, how long you have to activate the visa? ie enter Australia?

Many thanks
12 months from the earliest issue date of your wife’s medical/police certificates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.