spouse visa ?

Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

dreamzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spouse visa ?

Hi,

I have got my 175 recently .. i have not yet validated my visa ...

If i get married now, under which visa category should i apply for my spouse ?

Should i apply under Partner (temporary and permanent) - Offshore (subclasses 309 and 100) visas and pay $1705 AUD ?

In 175 application there is an option to add family members and not to pay the fee if they score 4.5 in IELTS...

Having got 175 what should i do now ?

Any info will help...

Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:28 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spouse visa ?

Originally Posted by dreamzz
Hi,

I have got my 175 recently .. i have not yet validated my visa ...

If i get married now, under which visa category should i apply for my spouse ?

Should i apply under Partner (temporary and permanent) - Offshore (subclasses 309 and 100) visas and pay $1705 AUD ?

In 175 application there is an option to add family members and not to pay the fee if they score 4.5 in IELTS...

Having got 175 what should i do now ?

Any info will help...

Thanks
I am at the same boat...As my knowledge..You can marry before you validate your visa. But you cannot apply for spouse visa before you validate it. Even after you validate it, you have to be in AUS, because you have to give proof that you are capable of sponsoring your partner. I think after 3 months, when you get into AUS, you can apply for spouse visa..or after you get the job in AUS..

I went through all the forms..they look for your job details etc in the forms..
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Hmm...

i dont understand DIAC policy of additional fee for spouse if applied later &
not requiring fee if dependents are added in the initial application....

also wat is to do with validation ... cant i go with my spouse for the validation and search for job...

can the experts confirm this?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 1:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm...

also wat is to do with validation ... cant i go with my spouse for the validation and search for job...

If your visa has already been granted you cannot add someone to the application because the application has been completed.
You need to sponsor your partner for a Spouse Visa; this is a new application and thus requires an additional fee to be paid.

Read the Partner Booklet on www.immi.gov.au
Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

Hmm...

can you imagine if COs had to reopen files because applicants get married before validating? the process wld be never ending! keep in mind that all those listed on an application have to be approved by diac. as such, if they had to leave the option of adding spouses after approval, they wld need to go through background checks again, and the main applicant wld be left hanging waiting until another decision is taken. what if the spouse fails to be accepted? they wld have to cancel the main applicant's visa as well!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

yeah.. I understand...

Thanks for the clarification....
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

tinaandscott is an unknown quantity at this point

So guys am i right in thinking that when you apply for the 175, you can add your spouse as an additional person at time of application... or do i still need to sponsor her for a seperate defacto visa and pay the fee.
Sorry but bit confused
Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:25 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaandscott
So guys am i right in thinking that when you apply for the 175, you can add your spouse as an additional person at time of application... or do i still need to sponsor her for a seperate defacto visa and pay the fee.
Sorry but bit confused
Thanks
If you already have a spouse when you apply, either married or de facto, you should include them on the application.
The only reason these guys are talking abvout getting a separate visa for a spouse is because the marriage has happened AFTER the visa has been granted
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you already have a spouse when you apply, either married or de facto, you should include them on the application.
The only reason these guys are talking abvout getting a separate visa for a spouse is because the marriage has happened AFTER the visa has been granted
naaaa...it has not happened...It will happen soon
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:40 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
naaaa...it has not happened...It will happen soon
I was actually trying to explain in general the difference between a marriage that happens BEFORE the visa is granted (ie inclusion in the original application ) and AFTER (ie Spouse visa) - I wasn't referring to our personal circumstances
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 3:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenny79
can you imagine if COs had to reopen files because applicants get married before validating? the process wld be never ending! keep in mind that all those listed on an application have to be approved by diac. as such, if they had to leave the option of adding spouses after approval, they wld need to go through background checks again, and the main applicant wld be left hanging waiting until another decision is taken. what if the spouse fails to be accepted? they wld have to cancel the main applicant's visa as well!
If you get married before validation, visa can be cancelled if spouse is not declared and/or there are health or character issues with the spouse (or any dependents of the spouse).
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 4:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you get married before validation, visa can be cancelled if spouse is not declared and/or there are health or character issues with the spouse (or any dependents of the spouse).
Not sure about this...Let's say I get married tomorrow. I have to just tell DIAC that I got married on so and so date? After that I will go and validate my visa..

Not sure how DIAC will come to know about the health issues of my spouse?

Please guide me.. Also do we need to notify DIAC about job change also before validation?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1

Not sure how DIAC will come to know about the health issues of my spouse?
because your wife will need a spouse visa to stay with you in australia. she will need to undergo meds and PCC just like you did for her visa subclass.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jenny79
because your wife will need a spouse visa to stay with you in australia. she will need to undergo meds and PCC just like you did for her visa subclass.
Agree...but that will be when I will apply for her visa?

LEt's say after marriage I am AUS and I apply for my wife's visa, then she needs to undergo medical tests. Let's say she does not clear the medical tests..in that case her visa will be refused..but why my visa will be refused when I am already in AUS? I am trying to understand this point!!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

the replies JAJ and myself gave you were in the case whereby marriage took place BEFORE validation.

your questions is now different, something i cannot help you with, and wld suggest you ask that to a migration agent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.