Spouse Visa

Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa

Originally Posted by blowfly
I have had a look at the booklet.I am trying to find out if when applying for a spouse visa you have to have a medical. Thanks in advance to anyone that knows.
You have to have the full medical and Xray.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Ange27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Spouse Visa -front loading

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the forum but have been reading for the past few days.

My boyfriend has already got his skilled visa so we are just about to apply for the defacto visa so we can both return to Oz.

We are currently putting together our statements & evidence & it seems to take forever!!

However I have read that i can get my medical and PC (front loading...only learnt of that yest!!) however i thought you had to wait til you were issued with a case number so doc would know where to send it?!?!
does anyone know the correct procedure as we want to get the visa as soon as (like everyone else...)

p.s any more help on defacto visa or threads i should look at very welcomed..thanks
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:30 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa -front loading

Originally Posted by Ange27
Hi everyone,

I have just joined the forum but have been reading for the past few days.

My boyfriend has already got his skilled visa so we are just about to apply for the defacto visa so we can both return to Oz.

We are currently putting together our statements & evidence & it seems to take forever!!

However I have read that i can get my medical and PC (front loading...only learnt of that yest!!) however i thought you had to wait til you were issued with a case number so doc would know where to send it?!?!
does anyone know the correct procedure as we want to get the visa as soon as (like everyone else...)

p.s any more help on defacto visa or threads i should look at very welcomed..thanks
Hiya....in 'the barbie' section we have started a thread for all us spouse visa peeps!!! Its called 'spouse visa circle' Pop a question in there if you want might get a response from another defacto visa holder.
I know with my spouse visa i did front load meds and the medical centre sent them to Aus House London. I included my police check in with my appl.
Only thing you need to remember though is that your visa is dated from the date whichever check was done first......police or meds. So if you dont want to go to Aus just yet i would hold on until your appl is ready......C x
Old Feb 16th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teliko21
The panel doc will probably ask for further info from her doctor. PErhaps you could get a letter from her treating doc explaining treatment etc and take that along. Anything else needed the doc will let her know on the day! Good luck with it
Thanks I will do that.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

i am so ignorant i didnt think it would be such a worry to get a spouse visa. we arent thinking about going over for a couple of years yet as i have commitments with my current job. i am now worried that our dream might not actually come true.
anyway how much does all this cost?
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:15 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
i am so ignorant i didnt think it would be such a worry to get a spouse visa. we arent thinking about going over for a couple of years yet as i have commitments with my current job. i am now worried that our dream might not actually come true.
What a spouse visa??? If you do the application yourself..........its £575 for the visa, £10 for police check, plus meds which varies in different parts of the country and for different circumstances.

Us spouse visa applicants are lucky as they are one of the easiet to apply for ( if you fit the criteria ) We all worry about our applications, i certainly did, but its nothing compared to what of some of the skilled visa applicants have to go through!! C x
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Agree with Shiels, I feel quite bad now - now that my OH has actually been accepted & the fact that I posted a couple times 'moaning' about how long it took! (it actually only took 7 weeks from start to finish - I didn't frontload anything, didn't realise you could, so that was probably why it took so 'long'!)

I think it's just the unknown, & all the wondering & 'what if's'. I was in a state at one point thinking I would never make it back home if his app got rejected!

Also, as above, make sure you are ready as we only have to the 31 May to validate, which is a pain as we have our house to sell etc, it may be a case of him 'popping' over for a week or so, but it could be a blessing in disguise as OH is talking about looking for potential jobs/houses etc whilst there.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by charb
Agree with Shiels, I feel quite bad now - now that my OH has actually been accepted & the fact that I posted a couple times 'moaning' about how long it took! (it actually only took 7 weeks from start to finish - I didn't frontload anything, didn't realise you could, so that was probably why it took so 'long'!)

I think it's just the unknown, & all the wondering & 'what if's'. I was in a state at one point thinking I would never make it back home if his app got rejected!

Also, as above, make sure you are ready as we only have to the 31 May to validate, which is a pain as we have our house to sell etc, it may be a case of him 'popping' over for a week or so, but it could be a blessing in disguise as OH is talking about looking for potential jobs/houses etc whilst there.
thanks sheils and charb i think i have it all sorted in my head a bit now, and thanks for the tip about applying when you are nearly ready to go. i cant beleive they have given you so little time to go charb is that normal?
good luck with the house selling
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:00 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

thanks sheils and charb i think i have it all sorted in my head a bit now, and thanks for the tip about applying when you are nearly ready to go. i cant beleive they have given you so little time to go charb is that normal?
good luck with the house selling
Think the reason she only has a short amount of time to enter is because the visa is dated 12 months from the date of the meds or police check. So i presume she had one of these done in May last year. C x
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shiels
Think the reason she only has a short amount of time to enter is because the visa is dated 12 months from the date of the meds or police check. So i presume she had one of these done in May last year. C x
Sort of yeh, can't remember exactly when we sent off for the police check. But it came back to us in August. (it took quite a while, but I'm sure we didn't send it back in May??!! S'pose we must of though) The medical wasn't done until the 8th Jan.

Even an extra 6 weeks would make a huge difference for us TBH, but I'm not complaining - honest!!! Just made a few finishing touches to the house, so we'll have it on the market hopefully this week. I think it will hit us when that 'For Sale' board goes up! (either that or when people start looking in my cupboards !!! lol )
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Hi - another new member looking for spouse visa advice!

My Australian husband and I (British) have been together for just under 5 years and are about to apply for a spouse visa to move to Adelaide, his home town.

We met the first weekend he came to the UK in 2002 (he also has a British passport and came here to work for a couple of years) and we got married approx 2months ago. Prior to our wedding we have 4.5 years evidence of living together (mainly in the UK, but also one year living & travelling in Australia). We don't have children yet but do plan to have them in the future.

Am I right in thinking that if we apply now I would get the temporary spouse visa and have to wait a further 2 years for a permanent visa? Is it worth us waiting a bit longer until we have been together a full 5 years? If we had been together 5 years would I automatically get a permanent visa or is this only if you have children?

Are there any disadvantages if you get the temporary visa first eg does it restrict work rights/healthcare etc etc in any way?

Also - anyone know the current processing times in the UK for spouse visa applications?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Denese
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:20 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donovandenese
Am I right in thinking that if we apply now I would get the temporary spouse visa and have to wait a further 2 years for a permanent visa?
Yes. Unless you were willing to pay a second application fee and reapply once you had the 5 years.

Is it worth us waiting a bit longer until we have been together a full 5 years?
Quite possibly yes. See the risks below. Of course, if you delay there's always the risk your husband may die or there could be a big change in the rules.

How much of a hurry are you in to get to Australia?

If we had been together 5 years would I automatically get a permanent visa or is this only if you have children?
5 years is the threshold if you have no children. It's 2 years if you have children.

Are there any disadvantages if you get the temporary visa first eg does it restrict work rights/healthcare etc etc in any way?
Three main disadvantages with the temp spouse visa:

1. If you break up before permanent residence (PR) is granted, you may have to leave Australia;

2. You've got full work rights as far as Immigration are concerned but some employers will not want to hire you if you don't have permanent residence.

3. You may be liable to pay overseas student fees if you want to study.

You would however be entitled to Medicare.

Also - anyone know the current processing times in the UK for spouse visa applications?
Usually a month or two, based on most reports. Maybe less if the application is well prepared and you're lucky.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Yes you do!
Thankyou for the advise regarding the medical for my sons fiancee. She took her medical records and a letter from her gp as you suggested,and they were really pleased. She had a medical in Birmingham they said that providing the x-rays and blood test were okay that she shouldn't have any problems. Thanks again
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
Thankyou for the advise regarding the medical for my sons fiancee. She took her medical records and a letter from her gp as you suggested,and they were really pleased. She had a medical in Birmingham they said that providing the x-rays and blood test were okay that she shouldn't have any problems. Thanks again
Glad to help, hope everything goes well for them