Spouse Visa

Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

jeeva will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spouse Visa

Originally Posted by JAJ
... there are some countries where entry as a tourist on a British passport is easier than on an Australian one.
Just curious about this one; what are those countries (or where can I find more on this) that allow easier access to holders of British passport? why not Australian passport holders?

Cheers
Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:02 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Hiya

it's changed in the last few years. I know when I first arrived in the UK I needed a visa in order to visit Europe as my right of abode entitled me to live and work in the UK as I pleased but not Europe.

I found a list of countries (not sure where now sorry ) In which they tell you what countries you need a visa for and which ones you don't. I'm sure it was on some Australian passport site or something? Not 100% sure.

Most places now you can travel to in Europe without a visa on an Aussie passport.

Hope this helps! but if it's not answered your Q's then umm sorry
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeeva
Just curious about this one; what are those countries (or where can I find more on this) that allow easier access to holders of British passport? why not Australian passport holders?
You can browse this site:
http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...vel/visaHealth

Brazil is a good example of where a British citizen (or New Zealand) passport will let you enter as a tourist visa free, while an Australian passport will not. Why? Because neither Britain nor New Zealand demand that Brazilians get tourist visas, while Australia does. Brazil operates a policy of visa reciprocity.

Also bear in mind that should you ever want to *live* in another European country, your Right of Abode stamp is no use. You'd need a British citizen passport.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kristyhans
I'm so excited but also nervous. I worry that if it was rejected for some reason or another that I would never be able to return home! How horrible would that be??!!
I know what you mean! I'm in the same 'boat' as you. It was pretty straightforward TBH, we sent all my OH's app off at the beginning of December. Payment & case office were all in place within days. Next thing they asked for the medicals, which he had done on the 8th Jan. And we are waiting to hear at back now. I am sick with nerves, I don't know what I will do if he is turned down! We've been together almost 9 years, married for 3 & have a 4 year old ( naughty naughty, child out of wedlock !!!!) so it's not like we've just met or anything.

If they both get 'rejected', we'll have to go back together for girly holidays & leave them here!

I am a little concerned though, I have seen that some of you guys included photos, I didn't. I thought my marriage certificate (got married in Melbourne anyway) & our individual statements were enough proof - along with bills/mortgage statements & all the other bit's & bobs etc. Oh god, something else for me to worry about!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:11 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Hiya!

I wouldn't worry too much, if they would like more evidence then they will ask for it. I mean you've been together for quite some time, and have a child together, what more proof is there than that?

I've heard people say they have 'front loaded' there medicals. I was about to ring and book an appt for my husband just before I read this message.

Did you not to the meds until after you submitted your application? Do you know if you can do the meds, the police clearance and what not and sent it all off at once?
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kristyhans
Hiya!

I wouldn't worry too much, if they would like more evidence then they will ask for it. I mean you've been together for quite some time, and have a child together, what more proof is there than that?

I've heard people say they have 'front loaded' there medicals. I was about to ring and book an appt for my husband just before I read this message.

Did you not to the meds until after you submitted your application? Do you know if you can do the meds, the police clearance and what not and sent it all off at once?
We had the police check done before, but we waited for the medical. I didn't know you could 'do' the medical before, so that's the only reason I didn't - that make sense!?!? We were able to get an appointment straight away for the medical once they requested it, but as it was just before Chrissy, we didn't really have the £200 for it, so we waited til' early Jan. At least if you send it all off together, then you know they have everything & hopefully there should be no hold ups. Keep me updated!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:37 am
fin
heading home

yeah I will do! You too!

I've posted below asking a heap of Q's as I really don't know what to do next. I just want to get everything done NOW lol but I know it's not possible. Still have loads to do. Not sure if should book the medical now or wait until we've sent off for the pcc's

not sure if I should do any of that before we've got the stat decs back from family and what not! Argh nightmare!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

GUESS WHAT ....????!!!!!

We received an email this afternoon..... Spouses visa granted ! FANTASTIC !!!! & there I've been worrying & moaning, I feel bad now! Slight problem, if you can call it that I suppose, his deadline to be in Oz is the 31st May !!! Best get the house on the market quick smart, any offers, anyone ???!!!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:41 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charb
GUESS WHAT ....????!!!!!

We received an email this afternoon..... Spouses visa granted ! FANTASTIC !!!! & there I've been worrying & moaning, I feel bad now! Slight problem, if you can call it that I suppose, his deadline to be in Oz is the 31st May !!! Best get the house on the market quick smart, any offers, anyone ???!!!
Thats great news well done...........better get your skates on to meet your deadline though!!!! How come you only have until 31st may to go? Good Luck. C x

Last edited by shiels; Feb 6th 2007 at 8:50 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiels
Thats great news well done...........better get your skates on to meet your deadline though!!!! Good Luck. C x
Thanks! Don't know who is more excited - me, the 'spouse' ! or my parents - who will be finally getting their 'little' girl back home! (& I'm taking them a 4 yo grandson back too, going home with a little more than I left with!!!)
Old Feb 7th 2007, 8:28 am
fin
heading home

Originally Posted by charb
GUESS WHAT ....????!!!!!

Fantastic News!!!!

Good Luck in Aus!!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its very easy! Spouse visas are much easier than Skills, and - certainly from the UK - much quicker, can be granted in a week. Go to www.immi.gov.au and follow the links for Migrant Visa - family - partner. Download the booklet and have a read, then come back with anything you need to ask - lots of us have gone by that route and we'll help you out
I have had a look at the booklet.I am trying to find out if when applying for a spouse visa you have to have a medical. Thanks in advance to anyone that knows.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
I have had a look at the booklet.I am trying to find out if when applying for a spouse visa you have to have a medical. Thanks in advance to anyone that knows.
Yes you do!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Yes you do!
Thankyou for that. She had her police checks today but I am concerned because she had skin cancer in Britain nearly 4 years ago. I haven't said anything to my son,didn't want to be negative about it.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly
Thankyou for that. She had her police checks today but I am concerned because she had skin cancer in Britain nearly 4 years ago. I haven't said anything to my son,didn't want to be negative about it.
The panel doc will probably ask for further info from her doctor. PErhaps you could get a letter from her treating doc explaining treatment etc and take that along. Anything else needed the doc will let her know on the day! Good luck with it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.