Spouse Visa 309

Old May 7th 2015, 2:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa 309

Originally Posted by Faiq
I have sent email to Australian embassy Pakistan got following response
"Please be informed that your application has been forwarded to decision
maker for consideration. She will consider your application for decision
and if she requires further information you will be contacted. I cannot
provide you any time frame at this stage when it will be finalized however
you will be notified about updates."

I don't understand that, I thought that the CO has the authority to grant the visa, never knew that they have to pass on the application to another delegated decision maker for final approval.

Would any one know how much time it generally takes for a Delegated decision maker to finalize the spouse visa application? Also not sure if this visa year planning quota of partner visas will affect the processing till the beginning of the new visa year on 1st July, 2015.
The Case Officer recommends that the visa be granted or refused. However something this important has to be checked and signed off by a second person. Its standard government practice, and helps to protect everyone from wrong decisions being made.
When the decision has been made they will contact your wife. There may then be a further wait for the visa to actually be granted.

In the UK only a certain number of Spouse Visas can be granted each month, all others are queued and granted in turn - its done so that the entire quota is not exhausted at the start of the year. I assume this is the same elsewhere, and bascially all you can do is heed what has been said in this thread and in the email - sit, wait and be patient.
Old May 7th 2015, 10:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The Case Officer recommends that the visa be granted or refused. However something this important has to be checked and signed off by a second person. Its standard government practice, and helps to protect everyone from wrong decisions being made.
When the decision has been made they will contact your wife. There may then be a further wait for the visa to actually be granted.
It depends which country you apply in. Be mindful that most COs are locally-engaged members of staff which means they are not necessarily trusted in the same way an Australian DIBP employee posted from Australia would be.

Generally speaking in a low risk country like the UK the CO will process an application from start to finish and, beyond a random quality sample after the visa has been granted, no-one else will be involved.

In a high risk country, where locally engaged staff aren't quite so trustworthy, then they will process and assess the application, but it will be a senior Australia-based officer who will check the assessment and then grant the visa.
Old May 8th 2015, 6:34 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It depends which country you apply in. Be mindful that most COs are locally-engaged members of staff which means they are not necessarily trusted in the same way an Australian DIBP employee posted from Australia would be.

Generally speaking in a low risk country like the UK the CO will process an application from start to finish and, beyond a random quality sample after the visa has been granted, no-one else will be involved.

In a high risk country, where locally engaged staff aren't quite so trustworthy, then they will process and assess the application, but it will be a senior Australia-based officer who will check the assessment and then grant the visa.
I didn't want to mention the element of trust being greater in some countries than others, but as you've done it, then I will say yes, I agree, Decision Makers are seen more often in some countries than others though I have been asked about them over UK applications before now.
Old May 9th 2015, 10:03 am
Just Joined

johnonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point

Being a young couple has nothing to do with it. Older couples face the same issue when migrating, and its the same for many other countries too, check out the US Marriage Visa forum, for example.
The fact is that you could live together if you moved back to your home country, thats how DIBP would view it. The fact that you choose not to is up to you - they don't view it as keeping people apart. May sound unfair but thats the way migration works i'm afraid.
I married an Australian citizen in Australia 26 years ago. Got a spousal visa and returned to live in Australia some years later. When my visa was about to expire my application for renewal was refused until I played their game of demonstrating that I was a useful member of Australian society.

I had my own business in Australia, paid tax there and did volunteer work as well. I did get my visa renewed, but it was a bit of a worrying few weeks.

Good luck.
Old May 9th 2015, 10:26 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by johnonthemove
I married an Australian citizen in Australia 26 years ago. Got a spousal visa and returned to live in Australia some years later. When my visa was about to expire my application for renewal was refused until I played their game of demonstrating that I was a useful member of Australian society.

I had my own business in Australia, paid tax there and did volunteer work as well. I did get my visa renewed, but it was a bit of a worrying few weeks.

Good luck.
If you are living in Aus on a permanent residency visa it doesn't expire. The travel portion runs out after five years but the residency deosn't and if you don't want to leave you don't need a RRV or citizenship.
as long as you have been here for 2 out of the last 5 years you get a 5 year RRv.

Rules for RRVs and indeed for most visas have changed a lot in the last 10 years so your experience then is almost certainly not typical of what would happen now. If you are living here as PR (regardless of which visa type) they will not make you jump through hoops to get a RRV.

In the case of this poster though his wife doesn't even have the temp spouse visa yet, one hurdle at a time
Old May 9th 2015, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

johnonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Pollyanna. Glad things have improved. We live in France now. Next hurdle will be if UK leaves EU!
Old May 20th 2015, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Faiq is an unknown quantity at this point

I have applied for My wife visit Visa seems like Partner Visa take longer than expected time, however when I applied they are asking for Bio metric and Bond fees . she already done there Bio metric for partner visa.Should I write them to use same Bio metric or its requirement to do Bio metric for each visa.

Last edited by Faiq; May 20th 2015 at 1:07 am.
Old May 20th 2015, 2:05 am
Home and Happy

I have applied for My wife visit Visa seems like Partner Visa take longer than expected time, however when I applied they are asking for Bio metric and Bond fees . she already done there Bio metric for partner visa.Should I write them to use same Bio metric or its requirement to do Bio metric for each visa.
No idea. Most people on here applying for tourist or Spouse Visas are from the UK and there is no biometric requirement. You need to get your wife to ask her CO.
Old May 21st 2015, 4:24 am
Just Joined

No idea. Most people on here applying for tourist or Spouse Visas are from the UK and there is no biometric requirement. You need to get your wife to ask her CO.
Thanks Pollyana you are really very helpful must appreciate that .

Their is some more drama and twist in my partner visa case Embassy called my wife and asked for medical again as previous medical is expired.
last month they asked for form 815 and case gone to final decision maker . now after 1 month saying medical is expired again go for medical

simply don't understand why not they asked for medical when transfer to Final decision maker , medical take another 1 month to process

this is why they written

"This email is to inform you that your client's pervious medical was not
completely clear as there was no chest x-ray. Medical got expired in 6
months and now she needs to do her medical again. I am attaching a medical letter in this email through which she can do her medical again"
Old May 21st 2015, 5:43 am
Home and Happy

Thanks Pollyana you are really very helpful must appreciate that .

Their is some more drama and twist in my partner visa case Embassy called my wife and asked for medical again as previous medical is expired.
last month they asked for form 815 and case gone to final decision maker . now after 1 month saying medical is expired again go for medical

simply don't understand why not they asked for medical when transfer to Final decision maker , medical take another 1 month to process

this is why they written

"This email is to inform you that your client's pervious medical was not
completely clear as there was no chest x-ray. Medical got expired in 6
months and now she needs to do her medical again. I am attaching a medical letter in this email through which she can do her medical again"
What they are saying is that there was no Xray done, therefore they could not clear the medical. The Xray and the medical have to be done at around the same time. By the look of that message they have had the medical, but not the Xray.
If your wife did do the Xray I suggest you ask the CO if they received it, and if they didn't your wife will need to take that up with whatever clinic did it.

Otherwise she needs to do the medical again, and this time make sure she does the Xray as well.
Old May 22nd 2015, 4:54 am
Just Joined

What they are saying is that there was no Xray done, therefore they could not clear the medical. The Xray and the medical have to be done at around the same time. By the look of that message they have had the medical, but not the Xray.
If your wife did do the Xray I suggest you ask the CO if they received it, and if they didn't your wife will need to take that up with whatever clinic did it.

Otherwise she needs to do the medical again, and this time make sure she does the Xray as well.
Obviously she has done X-ray test as medical referral document that X-ray was ticked , also she was refereed to special for further medical checks regarding chest x-ray
last month Embassy asked for form 815 and advise us no other document required case has been forward to decision maker than after 1 month they realize and asking again for medical . Problem is last medical take around 3 month to complete due to further medical test .

if medical was going to expire than why they forward this for final decision maker , this is unnecessary delay again undergo medical than forward again for final decision maker this really a killer
Old May 22nd 2015, 6:48 am
Home and Happy

Obviously she has done X-ray test as medical referral document that X-ray was ticked , also she was refereed to special for further medical checks regarding chest x-ray
last month Embassy asked for form 815 and advise us no other document required case has been forward to decision maker than after 1 month they realize and asking again for medical . Problem is last medical take around 3 month to complete due to further medical test .

if medical was going to expire than why they forward this for final decision maker , this is unnecessary delay again undergo medical than forward again for final decision maker this really a killer
it may well be a mistake by the CO, your wife will need to query it with the CO. The CO appears to think the Xray has not been done so go back and ask about it!
Old May 31st 2015, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

faisaljawaid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I need advise. I have been granted PR 3 years back and i validated it by entering Australia and after that i moved back to Saudi Arabia. Now we want to settle in Australia and i have applied for my wife and kid's sponsorship outside Australia and overlook the condition of usually resident in Australia which is my mistake.

Now the case officer is asking me to prove "You must provide satisfactory evidence indicating that you are a ‘usually resident in Australia’ "

I want to ask can they refuse visa on this condition even if i show them that i have sufficient funds to support my family for a long time in Australia.

Should i withdraw my application and go back to Australia and apply again after getting job.

Please advise
PS. "Is there any way i can hold my application decision and go back to Australia to save my application fee."

Last edited by faisaljawaid; May 31st 2015 at 7:47 pm.