British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Spouse Skills - experience required? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/spouse-skills-experience-required-357700/)

peternew_za Feb 26th 2006 1:08 pm

Spouse Skills - experience required?

Hi All

I am going to be the primary applicant on a 136. My spouse was an estate agent some years ago but has not been practising as one for the last 3 years. Is recent experience also required for "Spouse Skills" or is a VETASSESS for an Estate Agent sufficient to get the 5 points without the experience?

Many Thx
Peter

JAJ Feb 26th 2006 1:35 pm

Re: Spouse Skills - experience required?

Originally Posted by peternew_za
Hi All

I am going to be the primary applicant on a 136. My spouse was an estate agent some years ago but has not been practising as one for the last 3 years. Is recent experience also required for "Spouse Skills" or is a VETASSESS for an Estate Agent sufficient to get the 5 points without the experience?

Recent skilled work experience is mandatory for spouse skill points, unless spouse is an eligible recent Australian graduate.

Work experience does not have to be the same as nominated occupation, but must be in a SOL occupation. The amount of time required depends on nominated occupation.

Details are in the Skilled Migration Booklet.

A skill assessment is not enough, sorry.

ScottDavis Feb 26th 2006 3:31 pm

[QUOTE=JAJ]Recent skilled work experience is mandatory for spouse skill points, unless spouse is an eligible recent Australian graduate.
QUOTE]

Maybe I'm missing the point of the question, but my wife has just gone through the spouse visa application process and skills seemed pretty irrelevant. It aked her what her job is in UK and whether she intended to do that in Oz. That was all. It was all about our relationship and proving that.

Scott

JAJ Feb 26th 2006 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
Maybe I'm missing the point of the question, but my wife has just gone through the spouse visa application process and skills seemed pretty irrelevant. It aked her what her job is in UK and whether she intended to do that in Oz. That was all. It was all about our relationship and proving that.

Scott

This question is about getting extra points for spouse skills on a *skilled migration* application. Totally different to a spouse migration application.

ScottDavis Feb 26th 2006 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ
This question is about getting extra points for spouse skills on a *skilled migration* application. Totally different to a spouse migration application.

I was right with my first point then! I missed the point of the question :) I'm distracted by footy....

peternew_za Feb 26th 2006 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ
Recent skilled work experience is mandatory for spouse skill points, unless spouse is an eligible recent Australian graduate.

Work experience does not have to be the same as nominated occupation, but must be in a SOL occupation. The amount of time required depends on nominated occupation.

Details are in the Skilled Migration Booklet.

A skill assessment is not enough, sorry.

Thank you JAJ