Spouse Skills

Old Apr 27th 2002, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

KKMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Skills

Recently sent off my skills assessment for Aircraft engineer should get the 60 points no problem.
But will i be able to claim 5 points for spouse skills, my Wife is a Nurse but not in current employment she has taken a career break to look after the kids.
Any advice would be appreciated
Old Apr 27th 2002, 10:00 pm
Jaj

Default Re: Spouse Skills

In order to get the points for spouse skills your wife would need to meet the basic
entry requirements, which are not only a skills assessment, but recent skilled work
experience (in her case probably 12 months in the last 18 before application).

So if she's not in current employment the answer is probably not, unless her career
break started very recently.

Jeremy

>On 27 Apr 2002 20:00:01 GMT, KKMD <[email protected]> wrote:

>Recently sent off my skills assessment for Aircraft engineer should get the 60
    >points no problem. But will i be able to claim 5 points for spouse skills, my Wife
    >is a Nurse but not in current employment she has taken a career break to look after
    >the kids. Any advice would be appreciated
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 29th 2002, 7:30 pm
lee

Default Re: Spouse Skills

Get the qualifications assesed anyway Nursing is a high demand skill in
Australia.See the PDF ASCO..MODL(migration occupation in demand) list. nurse code
2323 which is on the immi website with all the other stuff. The Aus govmnt release a
short skills list every six months or so. You could even fasttrack the application
by applying using her as the primary applicant. There is a cost of AU$ 500 The
Australian Nursing council requires that you have worked. My brother/sister inlaw
was in the same situation as you are. the form is at www.anc.org.au . Thiss is the
route I am following as my wife is also a nurse/midwife but I am an electronics
technician. The only time it is not worth it is if you have a State sponsered
application, where the points are not an issue (about 70 to be in a pool). It is
still worth doing it this way (Assesing your wifes qualifications) because without
doing this she will not be able to work, and it is easier to acccess all the
required information before you move.

"JAJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > In order to get the points for spouse skills your wife would need to meet the basic
    > entry requirements, which are not only a skills assessment, but recent skilled work
    > experience (in her case probably 12 months in the last 18 before application).
    >
    > So if she's not in current employment the answer is probably not, unless her career
    > break started very recently.
    >
    > Jeremy
    >
    > >On 27 Apr 2002 20:00:01 GMT, KKMD <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Recently sent off my skills assessment for Aircraft engineer should get the 60
    > >points no problem. But will i be able to claim 5 points for spouse skills, my Wife
    > >is a Nurse but not in current employment she has taken a career break to look
    > >after the kids. Any advice would be appreciated
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >--
    > >Posted via http://britishexpats.com