Spouse Permanent Resident Visa Rights

Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:31 am
Just Joined

mikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Permanent Resident Visa Rights

I've heard nothing from them yet - when I did ring to enquire I got a charming chappie who told me that by ringing I was basically holding them up from doing the processing
I might try to make another enquiry, but sounds like they're a tad on the busy side - but if 10 months is the go I'm not quite so worried, so thanks for that!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:02 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I called the DIAC today and was told that the letter hadn't been sent out yet. They said that "it might have been overlooked or forgotten - that happens..."

They are now going to organise sending me out the letter, etc as soon as possible. (Not holding my breath!)
Old Feb 9th 2009, 9:47 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
Well, I called the DIAC today and was told that the letter hadn't been sent out yet. They said that "it might have been overlooked or forgotten - that happens..."

They are now going to organise sending me out the letter, etc as soon as possible. (Not holding my breath!)
Mikeyp I've just gone through the 2nd stage of my spouse visa and they said they would contact me within 90 days of my eligible date, my 2 year anniversary was 28 December so still a while to go! But in the paperwork there was an email address i could contact which is [email protected] might be worth a try!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:50 am
Just Joined

mikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nice

Originally Posted by BKate
Mikeyp I've just gone through the 2nd stage of my spouse visa and they said they would contact me within 90 days of my eligible date, my 2 year anniversary was 28 December so still a while to go! But in the paperwork there was an email address i could contact which is [email protected] might be worth a try!
Thanks for that. I did give them a call this afternoon and spoke to someone who confirmed that the process "can sometimes take 12 months or more....". However, she did check my file and confirmed that somebody "had worked on it this month" but she couldn't tell me what work that was - I guess they haven't forgotten me at least, but I don't think I'll be holding my breath for their response!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:29 am
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Spouse Permanent Resident Visa Rights

Hi I am confused now.

I was reading the start of this thread and i am in similar situation so was feeling re assured and then the second part of the Thread someone mentions a temporary PR visa for 2 years from the application date? What is that? I have a PR visa through my spouse we had to pay a bond into an account for 2 years but i am not aware of anything being temporary on my Permanent residency visa.

Very confused
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by btazgallacher
Hi I am confused now.

I was reading the start of this thread and i am in similar situation so was feeling re assured and then the second part of the Thread someone mentions a temporary PR visa for 2 years from the application date? What is that? I have a PR visa through my spouse we had to pay a bond into an account for 2 years but i am not aware of anything being temporary on my Permanent residency visa.

Very confused
There is no temporary PR visa. If when you apply for the visa you and your spouse have been together for less than 5 years (generally) then you will be granted a 'provisional' visa. 2 years after application if the relationship is still ongoing then you will likely be granted a PR visa.

Generally if you have been with your spouse for over 5 years then it is possible to be immediately granted a PR visa....and there are other circumstances where that MAY happen e.g. when there are kids involved.

If you look at your visa label in your passport you'll know what kind of visa you have.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/part...pouse/309-100/
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:49 am
Btaz

btazgallacher is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bcworld
There is no temporary PR visa. If when you apply for the visa you and your spouse have been together for less than 5 years (generally) then you will be granted a 'provisional' visa. 2 years after application if the relationship is still ongoing then you will likely be granted a PR visa.

Generally if you have been with your spouse for over 5 years then it is possible to be immediately granted a PR visa....and there are other circumstances where that MAY happen e.g. when there are kids involved.

If you look at your visa label in your passport you'll know what kind of visa you have.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/part...pouse/309-100/
excellent ok that makes sense as have kids and married in 1988 . Thank you so much for clarifying that and so quick as well :-)
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikeyp
Thanks for that. I did give them a call this afternoon and spoke to someone who confirmed that the process "can sometimes take 12 months or more....". However, she did check my file and confirmed that somebody "had worked on it this month" but she couldn't tell me what work that was - I guess they haven't forgotten me at least, but I don't think I'll be holding my breath for their response!
Just as an update, I received the letter yesterday to confirm the PR has been granted! Guess the phone call must have done the trick
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

heg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoa!!
Excellent news. What are you doing to celebrate??
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by heg3
Whoa!!
Excellent news. What are you doing to celebrate??
Had a few cold ones last night - but guess I need to try and get a permanent job now!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Had a few cold ones last night - but guess I need to try and get a permanent job now!
You don't HAVE to do anything! Maybe just keep your nose clean until citizenship...

But It must've been a surprise for you after the bloke gave you a curt reponse about wasting his time.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:05 am
Just Joined

dnunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Uh oh, 10 weeks? I submitted my 2nd stage docs almost 7 months ago and have still heard nothing. The letter from immigration stated it could take up to 9 months, but now I'm getting a bit worried - any suggestions?

Mike
I lodged 2nd stage spouse visa for my client on 18/April/2008. After a long wait, I emailed DIAC (Brisbane) for processing information and the below is the answer I have got from DIAC on 02/Feb/2009:

-------------------
Unfortunately it has been taking us longer than usual to process theapplications. It may still be a few more motnhs before this one isfinalised.

Kind regards
Admin Support - Second Stage Team
299 Adelaide St Brisbane Qld 4000
GPO Box 9984 Brisbane Qld 4001 Queensland State Headquarters
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dnunder
I lodged 2nd stage spouse visa for my client on 18/April/2008. After a long wait, I emailed DIAC (Brisbane) for processing information and the below is the answer I have got from DIAC on 02/Feb/2009:

-------------------
Unfortunately it has been taking us longer than usual to process theapplications. It may still be a few more motnhs before this one isfinalised.

Kind regards
Admin Support - Second Stage Team
299 Adelaide St Brisbane Qld 4000
GPO Box 9984 Brisbane Qld 4001 Queensland State Headquarters
Hmm... not good. Hope it comes soon for your client.
Even though I live in Brisbane my 2nd stage is being handled by Canberra. I heard rumours that all 2nd stage was now going through Canberra but this can't have been true in April 08.

The other mystery is what documents people get requested. There doesn't seem to be a standard package.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 11:08 pm
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

I heard the same thing - that Canberra are processing all the 2nd stage requests, although I just got my letter through and I need to send it all back to Melbourne