Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sponsors Form 40 date of my arrival a long time ago, so not sure

Sponsors Form 40 date of my arrival a long time ago, so not sure

Old May 13th 2017, 1:38 am
Chris

crispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nice
Default Sponsors Form 40 date of my arrival a long time ago, so not sure

Just filling in this form so I can sponsor my mum and it asks the "DATE OF YOUR ARRIVAL IN AUSTRALIA"

I first arrived on a working visa in 1988 - no idea of the date and then returned to the UK and came out again on holiday before returning to the UK to submit my PR application.

I emigrated in 1991 (maybe even 1992), again I don't know the dates (it was a long time ago!) and no longer have that passport.

Which date will they require - my first ever visit to Australia or the date I came in as a permanent resident? and how do I find out the dates if I don't have old passports etc?

Thanks for any advice upfront :-)
Old May 13th 2017, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sponsors Form 40 date of my arrival a long time ago, so not sure

It will be date you arrived on PR but if you haven't got the old passport maybe ring immigration.Apart from that just put date you think you arrived.
Old May 19th 2017, 7:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Month and year will be sufficient. If month is a struggle think back to the weather when you left the UK and arrived here, what you were wearing etc, narrow it down that way.
Old May 19th 2017, 9:50 pm
Chris

crispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nice

Thank you for your help. I am going to send off an application to immigration international movement records as I'm really not sure about the year (it's terrible getting older isn't it!), and probably handy to have the info anyway. Just for anyone else that runs into this problem of brain cell mush!
Old May 20th 2017, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispybacon
Thank you for your help. I am going to send off an application to immigration international movement records as I'm really not sure about the year (it's terrible getting older isn't it!), and probably handy to have the info anyway. Just for anyone else that runs into this problem of brain cell mush!
Been there, done that, even bought the T-shirt.

The old nuffin in 'em noggins bit, I mean.

Good luck with your application!