Wikiposts

Sponsored but waiting for permanency

Old Jun 1st 2002, 10:20 pm
Adrian Charmer

Default Sponsored but waiting for permanency

I just thought I'd ask if anybody out there knows the answer to my question, which
is_ Im sponsored by health dept in sydney for 12 months, Im a nurse. But Im
travelling nearly 4 hours a day and its getting me down. I applied for permanency
about 4 months ago and have recieved a reciept confirming that Adelaide have recieved
it. But what I want to know is can I apply for like a bridging visa or anything to
allow me to get work nearer to where Im living until my permanency app. is decided
(even though its only surposed to now take 3 months for nurses apps to be processed)
If anyone can help with an answer or suggestion, it would be much appreciated, Cheers

Old Jun 1st 2002, 11:11 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsored but waiting for permanency

Adrian,
I think Im right in saying that you can change your employer providing they are willing to sponser you....but Im not sure how you would go about it...maybe look on dima website????
sorry not much help am I?

I also think that if you pack your job in you only have 28days to find another or leave oz!!...dont know about bridging visas

good luck
I do sympathise with you...thats a lot of travelling each day....cant you move nearer????
Old Jun 2nd 2002, 12:20 am
Jaj

You can get another job in Australia if you get another employer to sponsor you.
Which, if you're a nurse, might not be too difficult. But with nurses being
fast-tracked, by the time you'd served out your notice to your current employer, you
might have been granted your PR visa anyhow.

Jeremy

>On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 17:35:29 +1000, "adrian charmer" <[email protected]>
    >wrote: I just thought I'd ask if anybody out there knows the answer to my question,
    >which is_ Im sponsored by health dept in sydney for 12 months, Im a nurse. But Im
    >travelling nearly 4 hours a day and its getting me down. I applied for permanency
    >about 4 months ago and have recieved a reciept confirming that Adelaide have
    >recieved it. But what I want to know is can I apply for like a bridging visa or
    >anything to allow me to get work nearer to where Im living until my permanency app.
    >is decided (even though its only surposed to now take 3 months for nurses apps to be
    >processed) If anyone can help with an answer or suggestion, it would be much
    >appreciated, Cheers

Old Jun 2nd 2002, 10:20 am
Jaj

No bridging visas for offshore skilled independent applications.

Jeremy

>On 2 Jun 2002 16:20:18 GMT, yvsie <[email protected]> wrote:

>!...dont know about bridging visas