Wikiposts

sponsor or not??

Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

pauly1664 will become famous soon enoughpauly1664 will become famous soon enough
Default sponsor or not??

hi al,does having a sponsor make it easier to get in to australia..ive been offerd a job in perth and was wondering what it entailed...can anyone help advice needed thanx paul
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:51 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsor or not??

Originally Posted by pauly1664
hi al,does having a sponsor make it easier to get in to australia..ive been offerd a job in perth and was wondering what it entailed...
Maybe, maybe not. What kind of visa are you asking about: temporary or permanent?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

pauly1664 will become famous soon enoughpauly1664 will become famous soon enough

permanant i hope
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

permanant i hope
In that case you should download and read booklet 5 to see what the requirements are (job offer on it's own is not enough):
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/booklets.htm

You may also want to look at booklet 6 for general skilled options.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

thankyou for that..ive already got enough points for skilled worker but my mate who lives in perth has found somone who is willing to sponsor me to work in his body shop..cars not perfume...so i was wondering if it sped the procces up somewhat??
Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:48 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou for that..ive already got enough points for skilled worker but my mate who lives in perth has found somone who is willing to sponsor me to work in his body shop..cars not perfume...so i was wondering if it sped the procces up somewhat??
you will be better off with a skilled independant 136 mate
not having to rely or worry about upsetting third parties takes a lot of pressure off
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:55 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

FWIW I think there's a lot to be said for having a job to go to. I would not consider moving my entire family to the other side of the world with no definate job lined up and I take my hat off to the many that do. Being 'tied' to an employer is better IMHO than not having one at all.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
FWIW I think there's a lot to be said for having a job to go to. I would not consider moving my entire family to the other side of the world with no definate job lined up and I take my hat off to the many that do. Being 'tied' to an employer is better IMHO than not having one at all.
Nothing stopping you getting your independent visa first and then looking for a job (with no sponsorship needed). That way you get the best of both worlds. A job on arrival plus a visa that allows you to leave and find another job if it doesn't work out.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:05 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Steve'o that a 136 is a better option.

If it doesn't work out with the employer sponsoring you, you either have to quickly find another employer willing to sponsor you, or leave the country.

You also have no restrictions on the type of work you do or your location.

Although maybe you could go out on a temporary visa whilst the 136 is being processed?
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:11 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ws99
I agree with Steve'o that a 136 is a better option.

If it doesn't work out with the employer sponsoring you, you either have to quickly find another employer willing to sponsor you, or leave the country.

You also have no restrictions on the type of work you do or your location.

Although maybe you could go out on a temporary visa whilst the 136 is being processed?
I agree. If your keen to be in oz asap then take the sponsorship but apply for your 136 once you get there.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

thanx for the replys...just wasnt sure which way round to do it...think i will go an see sponsor then decide...but if i get 136 does that mean i can do any job when i get in??
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

thanx for the replys...just wasnt sure which way round to do it...think i will go an see sponsor then decide...but if i get 136 does that mean i can do any job when i get in??
It does indeed!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 3:55 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
I agree. If your keen to be in oz asap then take the sponsorship but apply for your 136 once you get there.
In that case just be aware that your rights in Australia are very limited until you get the 136 (and there is always a risk that 136 could be refused, eg a health issue).