Wikiposts

Sponsor on the move!

Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:47 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Unhappy Sponsor on the move!

Hello All,

Just found out my sponsor has put his house on the market. As we have applied for a designated area sponsored visa, he needs to remain in the postcode we have declared. Has anyone been in this situation? Of course, it could take time for the house to sell but it's a potential show stopper!

I'm assuming we would need to inform ASPC of the change of address but if he moves outside the postcode I also assume it's good bye visa.......or is it tied to the time of applying?

Anyone been through this scenario?
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:51 am
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sponsor on the move!

Originally Posted by Plug
Hello All,

Just found out my sponsor has put his house on the market. As we have applied for a designated area sponsored visa, he needs to remain in the postcode we have declared. Has anyone been in this situation? Of course, it could take time for the house to sell but it's a potential show stopper!

I'm assuming we would need to inform ASPC of the change of address but if he moves outside the postcode I also assume it's good bye visa.......or is it tied to the time of applying?

I can't say for sure, but I would presume that as long as he's not moving to a non-designated area it should be fine.

I would send extra documentation to prove they are still living in a designated area, as the sponsor has to be living in a designated area when the visa decision is made.

Good luck!

Laura
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Questions to answer before any meaningful information can be provided:

1. Where is the sponsor moving from, and where to?
2. Do you meet the requirements for Skilled Australian Sponsored (subclass 138) as well?

Jeremy
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:32 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

[QUOTE=JAJ]Questions to answer before any meaningful information can be provided:

1. Where is the sponsor moving from, and where to?
2. Do you meet the requirements for Skilled Australian Sponsored (subclass 138) as well?

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for taking the time out to reply. In answer to 1), we are not entirely sure as the information is a bit sketchy, but we think it is within the original postcode we applied for. I must admit I have not looked at the other categories recently, the bonus I had with 139 was no points count so could choose a dead cert for my skills assessment (40 points).
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for taking the time out to reply. In answer to 1), we are not entirely sure as the information is a bit sketchy, but we think it is within the original postcode we applied for. I must admit I have not looked at the other categories recently, the bonus I had with 139 was no points count so could choose a dead cert for my skills assessment (40 points).
It is not a problem for the 139 visa if the sponsor moves from one designated area to another.

Incidentally, there are risks in choosing a 40 point skill assessment if your work experience is not in the same occupation. Seek professional advice if this is the case. Normally it's better to choose a 50 point occupation if you qualify for it, even if going for the 139 visa.

Jeremy