Wikiposts

Sponsor 176

Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Jeny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsor 176

Hi,

Please guide me on the eligibility of sponsor, since my sister husband and thier son are Australian national and my sister just have applied for her permanent residence.

Is she eligible to sponsor me? note that she doesnt do any job in Australia and hence pays no tax but her husband does.

She also have no property or bills at her name to show the residential address.

If she is eligible to sponsor me after having her PR, what supporting docuements should i submitt along with the below mentioned doc's, especially for the residential address

certified copy of their visa
certified copy of their passport personal particulars page
certified copy of their visa grant letter (if available).

Also what is the total processing time for this visa? note i already have my successfull qualification assessment.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice
Default Re: Sponsor 176

Originally Posted by Jeny
Hi,

Please guide me on the eligibility of sponsor, since my sister husband and thier son are Australian national and my sister just have applied for her permanent residence.

Is she eligible to sponsor me? note that she doesnt do any job in Australia and hence pays no tax but her husband does.

She also have no property or bills at her name to show the residential address.

If she is eligible to sponsor me after having her PR, what supporting docuements should i submitt along with the below mentioned doc's, especially for the residential address

certified copy of their visa
certified copy of their passport personal particulars page
certified copy of their visa grant letter (if available).

Also what is the total processing time for this visa? note i already have my successfull qualification assessment.
Hi,

I think you brother-in-law may be able to sponsor you. It would probably be better as he is the one in work to act as the sponsor as they will take that into consideration.

Is your skill on the CSL or MODL, if not you're in for an extremely long wait like myself.

Check out:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ns-sponsor.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...176/step-2.htm

Look at 'Complete applications' and download the Document Checklist 176, that lists all the documents required from yourself and the sponsor for this visa.

I would also advise you lodging it online, it's meant to be quicker (probably not by much now, but was at one stage a couple of months) and also you can track the progress.

Cheers,

Mel.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
Hi,

I think you brother-in-law may be able to sponsor you. It would probably be better as he is the one in work to act as the sponsor as they will take that into consideration.

Is your skill on the CSL or MODL, if not you're in for an extremely long wait like myself.

Check out:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ns-sponsor.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...176/step-2.htm

Look at 'Complete applications' and download the Document Checklist 176, that lists all the documents required from yourself and the sponsor for this visa.

I would also advise you lodging it online, it's meant to be quicker (probably not by much now, but was at one stage a couple of months) and also you can track the progress.

Cheers,

Mel.
Her brother in-law cannot sponsor her for 176 visa. but her sister can if she has PR and here is the link
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ve-sponsor.htm

As for the evidance needed use this following link
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...el-spon-02.htm

Last edited by mavios; Apr 14th 2009 at 11:36 pm. Reason: Used her instead of His and him
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Who can be a sponsor?

To sponsor a skilled worker you must be at least 18 years of age and usually resident in Australia as one of the following:

* an Australian citizen
* an Australian permanent resident
* an Eligible New Zealand citizen.

See: General Skilled Migration definitions

You, your spouse or your interdependent partner must be related to your sponsor as one of the following:

* a non-dependent child – including an adoptive or step-child
* a parent – including adoptive or step–parent
* a brother or sister – including adoptive or step-siblings
* a niece or nephew – including adoptive or step–niece or nephew
* an aunt or uncle – including adoptive or step–aunt or uncle
Old Apr 14th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by essex2sydney
Who can be a sponsor?

To sponsor a skilled worker you must be at least 18 years of age and usually resident in Australia as one of the following:

* an Australian citizen
* an Australian permanent resident
* an Eligible New Zealand citizen.

See: General Skilled Migration definitions

You, your spouse or your interdependent partner must be related to your sponsor as one of the following:

* a non-dependent child – including an adoptive or step-child
* a parent – including adoptive or step–parent
* a brother or sister – including adoptive or step-siblings
* a niece or nephew – including adoptive or step–niece or nephew
* an aunt or uncle – including adoptive or step–aunt or uncle
Yeah
So since YOU (the OP) not related to your brother-in-low as a sister or step-sister. Then only your sister or their son (if he is 18 years old or more) can sponsor you.

Last edited by mavios; Apr 14th 2009 at 11:34 pm. Reason: Combined two replies together