Sponsering Relatives

Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sponsering Relatives

Hi,
If you sponser a relative (sister) do they need to be skilled and under 45?

Also would the sponsership include their spouse and kids?

Thanks
Hilary
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsering Relatives

Originally Posted by hilary6
Hi,

Thanks
Hilary
hi hilary

my uncle is sponsoring me and my husband and kids. so thats one question answered for you.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
hi hilary

my uncle is sponsoring me and my husband and kids. so thats one question answered for you.
Thanks Cath
Old Oct 6th 2005, 2:21 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6
Hi,

Thanks
Hilary

For what kind of visa? If skilled sponsored one does normally have to be under 45, unless she is using her spouse as the 'skilled' applicant.

The main applicant for skilled sponsored must be the person with the Australian relative, however DIMIA do allow the skill/age etc criteria to be fulfilled by the spouse instead.

Jeremy
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
For what kind of visa? If skilled sponsored one does normally have to be under 45, unless she is using her spouse as the 'skilled' applicant.

The main applicant for skilled sponsored must be the person with the Australian relative, however DIMIA do allow the skill/age etc criteria to be fulfilled by the spouse instead.
Jeremy
That's exactly what we're doing - my brother is sponsoring us, but my wife is the one with the skills assessment. She is well under 45, I only just sneak in under the radar!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 11:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
That's exactly what we're doing - my brother is sponsoring us, but my wife is the one with the skills assessment. She is well under 45, I only just sneak in under the radar!

In that case you don't have to be under 45 - only your wife.
Provided you don't need spouse skill points.

Jeremy
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:42 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JAJ]For what kind of visa? If skilled sponsored one does normally have to be under 45, unless she is using her spouse as the 'skilled' applicant.

Jeremy

A point you've made here conflicts with my understanding of current legislation.

The sponsor is referred to as an 'Australian relative.' Does this imply one needs Australian citizenship before they can become a sponsor?

Thanks

Lewis
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Lewis Lapthorn]
Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy

A point you've made here conflicts with my understanding of current legislation.

The sponsor is referred to as an 'Australian relative.' Does this imply one needs Australian citizenship before they can become a sponsor?

Thanks

Lewis
As far as I'm aware that is the case. My brother became a citizen many moons ago.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

First off, Jeremy never mentioned that the sponsor needs to be a citizen. In fact if you read the first page of form 40 (sponsorship application) from the DIMIA web page it is very clear that the sponsor DOES NOT need to be an Australian citizen. The wording is:

"In all cases, the sponsor must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen aged 18 years or over who lives in Australia."

They also say that you need to have been resident in Australia for a "reasonable period, usually 2 years" if you are sponsoring a parent, aged dependent relative, a carer, or a remaining relative. I assume from this wording that the 2 year requirement does not apply to skilled sponsorships, you would just need to be a PR and be resident in the country.

Cheers,
Brian

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Jeremy

Thanks

Lewis