Wikiposts

sponser

Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:35 am
Just Joined

coralsr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking sponser

can anyone tell me how to go about getting a state sponser my hubby is an electrician our agent said we can get a 175 visa but been told to get a sponser cause its quicker please help
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponser

Originally Posted by coralsr6
can anyone tell me how to go about getting a state sponser my hubby is an electrician our agent said we can get a 175 visa but been told to get a sponser cause its quicker please help
If you are paying an agent maybe he or she should be telling you what to do. Or better yet, doing it for you. I assume you are giving your agent a good deal of your hard earned money, so get them to work for it.

Also, what state do you intend to migrate to? Each has different sponsorship criteria.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:22 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Quicker doesn't mean better. Did your agent explain the differences between the two kinds of visas for you?

Given a choice I would rather wait for a 175 permanent visa (which we did) than go for a temporary 457 visa that is a lot more limited and not permanent.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by comet555
Quicker doesn't mean better. Did your agent explain the differences between the two kinds of visas for you?

Given a choice I would rather wait for a 175 permanent visa (which we did) than go for a temporary 457 visa that is a lot more limited and not permanent.
thank you very much for the info i think we will stick withthe 175 visa
Old Mar 13th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by comet555

I suspect when OP was talking about state sponsor they had a 176 in mind not a 457.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Either way, they would be tied to a particular state on a 176. If we had done that we would have been stuck in South Australia for 2 years with only one of us able to find work. Definitely the 175 is the best option going. It is a permanent visa with very few, if any, restrictions.

Coral, as Comet says, quicker is not necessarily better. If you look at your emigration journey as a lifetime affair then a few extra months is a drop in the ocean. Really, what's 2 or 3 months waiting out of the rest of your lives in Australia? You can use those extra months to sort out things such as selling your property (although not always wise to sell without a visa), sorting shippers, looking at where to move, applying for jobs, searching for schools, etc.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 12:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Either way, they would be tied to a particular state on a 176. If we had done that we would have been stuck in South Australia for 2 years with only one of us able to find work. Definitely the 175 is the best option going. It is a permanent visa with very few, if any, restrictions.

Coral, as Comet says, quicker is not necessarily better. If you look at your emigration journey as a lifetime affair then a few extra months is a drop in the ocean. Really, what's 2 or 3 months waiting out of the rest of your lives in Australia? You can use those extra months to sort out things such as selling your property (although not always wise to sell without a visa), sorting shippers, looking at where to move, applying for jobs, searching for schools, etc.
thank you very much for that dorothy i think you are right think we will say with the 175 i just keep thinking wish we where there nut thanks again