Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spent Cautions from the UK effect on 482 visa application?

Spent Cautions from the UK effect on 482 visa application?

Old Mar 7th 2019, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Lambo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spent Cautions from the UK effect on 482 visa application?

Hello I am looking for some advice please, I have been offered a intercompany transfer to Australia on a 482 working visa. I have completed a ASCRO report and it has come back with No LIve Data I have had a check done on my history I have two cautions on my record one for obstructing an officer and the other for Harrasment they were in 2000 and 2001. I was in my twenties at the time and very stupid it does not reflect who I am today. I have been a law abiding citizen since 2001. It is our dream to live in Australia and I have been offered a fantastic job. Will these cautions from 18and 19 years ago affect my application? I would appreciate your response as I am very worried. Thank you.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spent Cautions from the UK effect on 482 visa application?

That shouldn’t be fatal, but you should address it upfront in your application.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

J___Mcewan is an unknown quantity at this point

Short answer - no. 12 month sentence or more, then you would have issues
Old Mar 7th 2019, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Paul Hand
That shouldn’t be fatal, but you should address it upfront in your application.
Hi Paul thank you for responding have you had any experience with this at all please?
Old Mar 7th 2019, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by J___Mcewan
Short answer - no. 12 month sentence or more, then you would have issues
Hi J_Mcewan thank you for your response have you had any experience in this at all please?
Old Mar 8th 2019, 3:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lambo1

Hi Paul thank you for responding have you had any experience with this at all please?
He is a well repescted migration agent so thats pretty much the best free advice you will get

Remember though that a 482 is only a temporary visa and if you want to live permanently in Australia you need to have a long term plan in mind

Old Mar 8th 2019, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
He is a well repescted migration agent so thats pretty much the best free advice you will get

Remember though that a 482 is only a temporary visa and if you want to live permanently in Australia you need to have a long term plan in mind
Thank you Pollyana I am aware of the visa being temporary my job stats fall under the short term skill list leaving me unable to go for the medium stream. If things remain the same for my visa I will have to leave Oz after 4 years which is unfortunate, but my company will help me relocate somewhere else globally. My mind is more at rest now. I can get a decent nights sleep😊.