Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Speculation re changes expected on July 1st 2011 (merged threads)

Speculation re changes expected on July 1st 2011 (merged threads)

Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

gelf31261523 is just really nicegelf31261523 is just really nicegelf31261523 is just really nicegelf31261523 is just really nicegelf31261523 is just really nicegelf31261523 is just really nicegelf31261523 is just really nicegelf31261523 is just really nice
Question Speculation re changes expected on July 1st 2011 (merged threads)

Hi Everyone

We have been told that the new points system will be in place by 1st July 2011. As we have no chance of applying before then I have a question. I've had a look at the new system scores and wondered if anyone could help me clarify something. The 'Work Experience' points award gives 15 points for 8 years out of 10 overseas experience. Does 'overseas' mean 'any country other than Australia' or 'any country other than your country of origin'?

Hoping you can help, as I have worked out if I pass the IELTS test, I would meet the 65 points pass mark needed

Thank you guys!!
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default Re: New points system query?

Originally Posted by gelf31261523
Hi Everyone

We have been told that the new points system will be in place by 1st July 2011. As we have no chance of applying before then I have a question. I've had a look at the new system scores and wondered if anyone could help me clarify something. The 'Work Experience' points award gives 15 points for 8 years out of 10 overseas experience. Does 'overseas' mean 'any country other than Australia' or 'any country other than your country of origin'?

Hoping you can help, as I have worked out if I pass the IELTS test, I would meet the 65 points pass mark needed

Thank you guys!!
It means any country other than Australia
Regards
Old Mar 27th 2011, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

RadarControl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question In Relation to Changes on 1st July 2011

I am currently awaiting on skills assessment from ACS. It was submitted at end of January 2011. I'm expecting to receive a positive assessment as System Administrator in next couple of weeks. This occupation is currently on the SOL schedule 4. Both ACT and NT have this occupation on their lists. I have looked at quite a few job sites and while there are plenty of jobs in Canberra that I could apply for and do, they mostly require Security clearance or Australian citizenship so that rules out ACT more or less. Darwin has very few opportunities in IT from what I can see. I have not submitted an application to either state yet for SS.

Under the new points system I reckon I can get 65 pts to 70 pts depending on my IELTS score. I'm 28 with degree and 6yrs work experience. That is 55pts before result of IELTS test is included. My question is will the current SOLs continue after 1st July or will there be a new one? If there is a new SOL will there be two schedules as there is currently or will it be one schedule?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

aanitahir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default do we need skill assessment after 1st july 2011?

Hello,

Please let me know that do we need skill assessment after 1st july 2011, under new immigration policy?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:46 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do we need skill assessment after 1st july 2011?

Originally Posted by aanitahir
Hello,

Please let me know that do we need skill assessment after 1st july 2011, under new immigration policy?
yes
Old Apr 7th 2011, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

bikeframed will become famous soon enough
Default SA May 2, 2011 Deadline for Sponsorship Applications

It sounds like SA expect people to be able to submit to DIAC right up until July 1.

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/app...lled/index.php

ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS

Deadline for Sponsorship Applications - 2 May 2011
Under current Points Test

To enable all applicants sufficient time to lodge their visa applications with DIAC under the current Points Test, Immigration SA will require all complete applications to be received before 5pm Monday 2 May 2011.

This means that all online sponsorship applications AND supporting documents must be submitted to and registered by Immigration SA before 5 pm Monday 2 May 2011.

The Online Application System will be shut off at 5pm Adelaide local time on Monday 2 May 2011.

Any applications/documents received after the 5pm on the 2 May 2011 will not be processed.

Please note that very effort will be made to finalise applications received by the deadline before 1 July 2011 to enable applicants to lodge visa application with DIAC under the current Points Test. Check the Online Tracking System for results which will be posted as soon as a decision is made on the application.

All applications will be processed in order of receipt of complete applications, subject to the volume of applications, Immigration SA cannot guarantee that all applications will be finalised before 1 July 2011.

Note also that PLANNING LEVELS exist for all occupations on the current State Sponsored Migration List, once the planning level has been reached, the occupation will no longer be available for sponsorship and applications already submitted (and registered) will not proceed.

You will need to lodge your visa application with DIAC before 1 July 2011 or your visa application will be assessed against the new Points Test and criteria.

Once details of South Australia's Sponsorship criteria for 2011-2012 have been finalised, the Online Application system will be re-instated. Monitor this website for updated information.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 1:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SA May 2, 2011 Deadline for Sponsorship Applications

Why does this surprise you? Whenever there have been changes to the rules over the years, providing an application is received prior to that date, it goes in under that ruling unless quotas have been filled.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why does this surprise you? Whenever there have been changes to the rules over the years, providing an application is received prior to that date, it goes in under that ruling unless quotas have been filled.
Last year DIAC stopped accepting applications for offshore general skilled visas at midnight on May 7, 2010. There has been some speculation on these forums that it might happen again this year at some as of yet unknown date. From this announcement it seems like SA think people will be able to lodge new offshore applications under the current rules until June 30, 2011. But that is just me reading between the lines.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 3:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bikeframed
Last year DIAC stopped accepting applications for offshore general skilled visas at midnight on May 7, 2010. There has been some speculation on these forums that it might happen again this year at some as of yet unknown date. From this announcement it seems like SA think people will be able to lodge new offshore applications under the current rules until June 30, 2011. But that is just me reading between the lines.
There's also been speculation on this forum that skilled migration is to be cancelled altogether, that temporary visas are going to be abolished, and that the moderators are human, but until its in black and white on the DIAC website I wouldn't be believing any of it

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 7th 2011 at 3:54 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by bikeframed
Last year they announce the same thing initially. After DIAC stopped accepting application they changes their announcement and said even those applications which have been sent prior to announced Deadline will not be processed anymore.
I mean they usually are not aware of DIAC plans. They just follow what DIAC does
Regards
Old Apr 7th 2011, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by QLDlover
Last year they announce the same thing initially. After DIAC stopped accepting application they changes their announcement and said even those applications which have been sent prior to announced Deadline will not be processed anymore.
I mean they usually are not aware of DIAC plans. They just follow what DIAC does
Regards
Thanks for the information. Looks like I probably am reading too much into this announcement.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

arntoh is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: SA May 2, 2011 Deadline for Sponsorship Applications

Hi there,

I also find myself in a situation, I have all other docs ready except the ACS assessment letter which am expecting towards end of this month (April) for 263111 (Computer networks and system engineer) as the assessor proposed I go for this ANZSCO rather than the one I had applied for (System Analyst), now just wondering whether I should send my SA SS application to beat the May 2nd deadline then later on forward the Assessment letter once I receive or they will not consider this as a complete application.
Someone kindly advice ad like to conclude this asap.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 10:31 am
Just Joined

safdar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've applied for SA SS and copy of documents reached Immigration SA on 13th-April-2011 as notified by my courier but no acknowledgment received from Immigration SA neither any changes in tracking system so far. On 13th April 2011 I received e-mail from Immigration SA that your documents should reach us by 2nd May-2011.

Current Tracking system status is:
Online Application Completed & Submitted 6th April 2011

Could anyone please share Tracking System States and do I need to query Immigration SA about receiving of docs.

Regards,
Old Apr 15th 2011, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Question July 2011 changes - Will a New SOL be introduced?

Hi
Good day
A new point system will be introduced in Jul2011. Is it only a new point system or there will be a new SOL as well ?
Regards
Old Apr 26th 2011, 11:41 am
Just Joined

wrohaim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new sol - 2011

Hi,

Does anybody know when the new SOL will be announced ? (if not yet)
I mean the SOL that will be used effective 1 July 2011.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.