Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Speculation re changes expected on July 1st 2011 (merged threads)

Speculation re changes expected on July 1st 2011 (merged threads)

Old Apr 26th 2011, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

mansukhpatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SA May 2, 2011 Deadline for Sponsorship Applications

Originally Posted by arntoh
Hi there,

I also find myself in a situation, I have all other docs ready except the ACS assessment letter which am expecting towards end of this month (April) for 263111 (Computer networks and system engineer) as the assessor proposed I go for this ANZSCO rather than the one I had applied for (System Analyst), now just wondering whether I should send my SA SS application to beat the May 2nd deadline then later on forward the Assessment letter once I receive or they will not consider this as a complete application.
Someone kindly advice ad like to conclude this asap.
I spoke with them last week as I am in a similar situation. My case was due to finalised last week but due to some changes it's back in progress. Upon speaking with someone at SA immigration, they will only accept complete applications and will not make an exception for anyone. As there are many others in a similar stage
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:52 am
Just Joined

wrohaim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sol 2011 and new points system

Hi Everyone,

Has the new sol for 2011 been announced yet ?
Also, what about the formal new points system ?

Thanks
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sol 2011 and new points system

Threads merged

Originally Posted by wrohaim
Hi Everyone,

Has the new sol for 2011 been announced yet ?
Also, what about the formal new points system ?

Thanks
What do you mean, "what about it?"
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Speculation re changes expected on July 1st 2011 (merged threads)

I mean: has it been formally announced yet ?
As I knew that it will be announced first of May, to be effective first of July.
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:29 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I mean: has it been formally announced yet ?
As I knew that it will be announced first of May, to be effective first of July.
Have you tried checking the DIAC site?

http://www.immi.gov.au/
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Yes I have, but nothing yet that I can notice.
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:40 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have, but nothing yet that I can notice.
Well, that's the place for official information. I would think that's your answer.
Old May 2nd 2011, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Yes you are right.
I am just posting this to see if anyone else has found out something that I may have not noticed.
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:03 pm
Banned

monkeyboy3 will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy3 will become famous soon enough
Default Family Sponsor

Hey,

Looking for some info when the new points system comes into force on 1st July.

My Brother is in the middle of processing his PR........I have heard horrible bits of news are they true?

1. The sponsor under the new points system will need to be a citizen and not a PR

and

2. They are looking at removing this completely form the points list.
Old May 4th 2011, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Family Sponsor

Originally Posted by monkeyboy3
Hey,

Looking for some info when the new points system comes into force on 1st July.

My Brother is in the middle of processing his PR........I have heard horrible bits of news are they true?

1. The sponsor under the new points system will need to be a citizen and not a PR

and

2. They are looking at removing this completely form the points list.
That true.

Will family sponsored applicants still be eligible to apply for a permanent Skilled – Sponsored visa?

No. As part of the changes accompanying the introduction of the new points test, from 1 July 2011 applicants for the Skilled – Sponsored subclass 176 or 886 visa subclasses will need to be sponsored by a state or territory government under a state migration plan. There will no longer be a permanent family sponsored skilled migration visa however eligible family members can still sponsor relatives under the provisional sponsored skilled migration visa. Holders of a provisional sponsored skilled migration visa may be eligible for a Skilled Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887) after meeting certain eligibility criteria.

Will family sponsored applicants still be able to apply for a provisional Regional Sponsored visa?

Yes. The new points test will continue to award points to applicants for a subclass 475 or subclass 487 who are sponsored to a regional area by an eligible family member or a state or territory government under a state migration plan. Holders of either of these provisional sponsored skilled migration visas may be eligible for a Skilled Regional (Residence) visa
(subclass 887) after meeting certain eligibility criteria.
Old May 8th 2011, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Paula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nicePaula H is just really nice
Default July 2011 changes, will it affect processing times

title says it all really.

Will (esp priority 3) processing times be affected do you know?
Old May 10th 2011, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice
Default Aust Budget 2011 - migration

Hi all

Refer www.immi.gov.au

New system July 1, applications/decisions from January 1, so I think Aus will do what NZ did and close applications for several months to allow processing of older applications while they rejig and retrain around the new.

This in turn creates a one off but sizeable backlog that will take months to clear with only the highest points getting through, at which time Govt will say "look it's working everyone has a PhD" and of course gloss over the fact that it is an artifical selection process for around a year.

The 457s will be untouched and faster processed.

With the above changes there will be huge pressure on ENS and only limited numbers as this is a capped quota visa. So again 457 will grow and dominate ENS leaving fewer offshore ENS to get through.

The kicker from NZ system is that they now only get about as many as they pick, meaning that heaps of reasonably high scorers who would have had to wait for months - if ever - have been deterred from applying at NZs loss, and only the high points people get in.

This places an incredible pressure on those who select and model the skills lists, and those who set quota for each occupation.

We already know that Skills Australia do not research country town Chambers of Commerce for lists of shortages. We already know that the various lists only feature skills in higher demand.

Ergo this new system will penalise the lesser demand occupations and occupations whose professional body cannot afford to lobby govt (or just not organised), and also occupations in more demand in regional areas. The new regional agreements will take some time to come in, at least a year, and even then will probably be capped if they are not on 457.

Therefore these changes are good for DIAC and absolutely hopeless for employers and many migrants. It sounds good on paper but in reality is just for those who are migrants or employers.

Don't you love Government monopolies? they don't have to try and attract more customers or offer a satisfying service.
Old May 10th 2011, 7:00 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aust Budget 2011 - migration

Originally Posted by Jamie Smith
Don't you love Government monopolies? they don't have to try and attract more customers or offer a satisfying service.
Because you are not "customers". You are applicants for a government benefit, that the government (the people) can extend or not at as suits *their* needs.
Old May 11th 2011, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

udayrocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New SOL list for appicant after july 2011...

Hi,

When is the new SOL list expected for applicants going to to apply after July 2011.

As of now job code for "Software Tester is not available in schedule 3(current applicants).

Thanks,
Uday
Old May 11th 2011, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice

Hello meauxna

Yes they are customers, they pay DIAC money to receive a product/service. Or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.