Specific work experiance

Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:25 am
Just Joined

HILL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Specific work experiance

Could someone confirm what information (examples) do I need to send for “specific work experience to gain the 5 points? I am applying for the Project/Program administrator, has anyone else applied for this?

Also Is it common for DIMIA to contact HR, It’s just that I was going to get my manager to write me the reference not HR.

Any info would be great
Old Jun 17th 2005, 5:19 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Specific work experiance

The job that i am currently doing is a Project/Program administrator according to the SOL. Although my skills that were assessed with the TRA is different.

I got a line manager of mine to do me a detailed employer reference stating at least five of my main duties, salary, date started, full, or part time or number of hours worked per week. there is guidelines on the DIMIA web site for this.

If there is any contact with your employer, as far as i understand they would contact the person who wrote the reference but do expect a call.

Hope it helps

Rob

Originally Posted by HILL
Could someone confirm what information (examples) do I need to send for “specific work experience to gain the 5 points? I am applying for the Project/Program administrator, has anyone else applied for this?

Also Is it common for DIMIA to contact HR, It’s just that I was going to get my manager to write me the reference not HR.

Any info would be great
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
The job that i am currently doing is a Project/Program administrator according to the SOL. Although my skills that were assessed with the TRA is different.

I got a line manager of mine to do me a detailed employer reference stating at least five of my main duties, salary, date started, full, or part time or number of hours worked per week. there is guidelines on the DIMIA web site for this.

If there is any contact with your employer, as far as i understand they would contact the person who wrote the reference but do expect a call.

Hope it helps

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for this, how did you go through TRA, I thought Project/program adminstrator had to be assessed through VETASSESS?.

Did you claim for the "Specific work experiance"=5 POINTS, as i'm only 23 it may look suss, but I have actually been working for the same copany since 2000? I didn't go to college, as I completed my NVQ's part time.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:48 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

My trade that was assessed is sheet metal and i did that trade from 1983 to 2001. Since then, i have been in office based occupations since 2001, although i have been in the same industry of engineering, i have held three different positions now, one being a project engineer, a continuous improvement engineer and now an engineering planning administrator, which according to the SOL is a Project/program adminstrator. These three occupations did not need to be assessed but i did need to get detailed employer references for all of them.

I did claim the points for specific work experience.

Regarding the college, i did not complete an apprentiship but a did do a year or so at college and the TRA accepted my experience that i received. On the job traing as we call it.

If there is anything else you are unsure on, then let me know

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for this, how did you go through TRA, I thought Project/program adminstrator had to be assessed through VETASSESS?.

Did you claim for the "Specific work experiance"=5 POINTS, as i'm only 23 it may look suss, but I have actually been working for the same copany since 2000? I didn't go to college, as I completed my NVQ's part time.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
My trade that was assessed is sheet metal and i did that trade from 1983 to 2001. Since then, i have been in office based occupations since 2001, although i have been in the same industry of engineering, i have held three different positions now, one being a project engineer, a continuous improvement engineer and now an engineering planning administrator, which according to the SOL is a Project/program adminstrator. These three occupations did not need to be assessed but i did need to get detailed employer references for all of them.

I did claim the points for specific work experience.

Regarding the college, i did not complete an apprentiship but a did do a year or so at college and the TRA accepted my experience that i received. On the job traing as we call it.

If there is anything else you are unsure on, then let me know

Rob

So really the information you need to provide for "Specific work experiance" should be covered by your employee reference?

Also my sponsor live in Brisbane (poscode 4130) would this be classified under the 139(Designated sponsor) If so how would this effect the points, i.e would these issues be a problem?
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

So really the information you need to provide for "Specific work experiance" should be covered by your employee reference?
Correct.

Also my sponsor live in Brisbane (poscode 4130) would this be classified under the 139(Designated sponsor) If so how would this effect the points, i.e would these issues be a problem?
The list of eligible areas for 139 is here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...ated_areas.htm

If your sponsor meets all the requirements to sponsor for 139 (needs to have lived in the designated area for 12 months or more, plus all the usual sponsorship/assurance requirements), then you don't need points and the basic requirement for work experience is reduced. You still need a reference covering the necessary period.

Jeremy
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Correct.

The list of eligible areas for 139 is here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...ated_areas.htm

If your sponsor meets all the requirements to sponsor for 139 (needs to have lived in the designated area for 12 months or more, plus all the usual sponsorship/assurance requirements), then you don't need points and the basic requirement for work experience is reduced. You still need a reference covering the necessary period.

Jeremy
This may seem really dim, but it says:-

Queensland Postcode areas 4019-4028, 4037-4050, 4079-4100, 4114, 4118, 4124-4150, 4158-4168, 4180-4899 (anywhere except Brisbane metropolitan area)

My sisters poscode is 4130, so are they saying areas within these poscodes are not excepted or they are????

Thanks
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

This may seem really dim, but it says:-

Queensland Postcode areas 4019-4028, 4037-4050, 4079-4100, 4114, 4118, 4124-4150, 4158-4168, 4180-4899 (anywhere except Brisbane metropolitan area)

My sisters poscode is 4130, so are they saying areas within these poscodes are not excepted or they are????

Thanks

If you read the whole page you will see it says:

"Designated areas

To apply for one of the designated area-sponsored visas, your sponsor must have lived for at least one year and still live in one of the following designated areas: "

Jeremy