Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Special medical checks for Medical professional applying as dependent?????

Wikiposts

Special medical checks for Medical professional applying as dependent?????

Old Jul 4th 2004, 2:06 pm

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough
Default Special medical checks for Medical professional applying as dependent?????

Hi Experts,

My wife is a dentist and has applied for PR as dependent of mine. Please let me know whether I need to her to do the medical check for """medical professionals"""????She would be practising in Australia after getting PR (as dependent).

Last edited by Prince1975; Jul 4th 2004 at 7:08 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:53 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Special medical checks for Medical professional applying as dependent?????

There are no special migration health checks that I'm aware of - what precisely do you mean?

Just having PR will not necessarily allow her to practice as a dentist - she will need to meet requirements to register. For her, this would have nothing to do with migration.

Jeremy

Originally posted by Prince1975
Hi Experts,

My wife is a dentist and has applied for PR as dependent of mine. Please let me know whether I need to her to do the medical check for """medical professionals"""????She would be practising in Australia after getting PR (as dependent).
Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:08 pm

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Special medical checks for Medical professional applying as dependent?????

Originally posted by JAJ
There are no special migration health checks that I'm aware of - what precisely do you mean?

Just having PR will not necessarily allow her to practice as a dentist - she will need to meet requirements to register. For her, this would have nothing to do with migration.

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply.

For medical professionals the medical check form are different, right?
Form 26MP, Medical examination for an Australian visa
and
Form 160MP, Radiologist report on chest x-ray.

Please let me know whether this is applicable to Dentist as well, even though migrating as dependent, but intend to practise in future after registering with the STate Dental board.

Thanks a lot!!!
Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

ind2aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Experts,

Hi Prince,

As a dependent she will also need to go through the same check up as you or anyone else applying for Immigration. As rightly pointed out there are no special medical checkup for Medical professionals.

As a medical professional she cannot practise right away. She needs go clear a couple of exams conducted by AMC (Australian Medical Council).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:32 pm

Originally posted by ind2aus
Hi Prince,

As a dependent she will also need to go through the same check up as you or anyone else applying for Immigration. As rightly pointed out there are no special medical checkup for Medical professionals.

As a medical professional she cannot practise right away. She needs go clear a couple of exams conducted by AMC (Australian Medical Council).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Hi ind2aus,

Yes. I am aware of that. And I am in the process of registering with the ADC (Australian Dental Council).

For us the medical forms are form 26 & form 160, but for medical professionals it is 26MP & 160MP.

My doubt is whether Dentist also should fill the same forms.

Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2004, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

phin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ind2aus,

Yes. I am aware of that. And I am in the process of registering with the ADC (Australian Dental Council).

For us the medical forms are form 26 & form 160, but for medical professionals it is 26MP & 160MP.

My doubt is whether Dentist also should fill the same forms.

Thanks
MP and Dentist are 2 different professions. You only use those forms for Medical Practitioner.

Did you claim the additional 5 points for dependent? If not, I suppose it doesnt really matter.