Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

South Australian Sponsorships Now Available

Wikiposts

South Australian Sponsorships Now Available

Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:23 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default South Australian Sponsorships Now Available

This is just in from South Australia. Very good news for many I expect.

You will be pleased to know that Immigration SA has posted details of the Sponsorships we are offering under the new General Skilled Migration Program. Please visit our website at www.immigration.sa.gov.au and read in particular the following:
1. Overview
2. Sponsorship Criteria
3. Application Process
4. Document Checklist
5. On Arrival Services - Skilled Migrants
6. Planning and Preparation
Immigration SA would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience, understanding and cooperation since the off-line period from 27 July 2007. We hope that these new procedures will enhance the application process for you and bring more skilled migrants to our State and well as making the requirements such as evidence/documents less onerous.
We have also enhanced the Tracking System to enable you to check on the progress of the application at various stages of the process such as:
 Application submitted electronically successfully
 Date the documents received at Immigration SA -you will be sent an email if the documents are not complete
 Date the decision is made by Manager – an Email will be sent out to you (if so indicated on the application) within five working days of this Decision. If your email has been registered on the application form as the one to contact and you do not receive the email informing you of the decision within five working days of the decision being made, please do not hesitate to contact Immigration SA informing us that you did not receive the email (together with details of the applicant).
Processing time is anticipated to take 4 weeks from the time a Complete Application is received (that is, when ALL the supporting documents are received) so please use this Tracking System and do not contact Immigration SA before the four weeks as it may delay processing.
The On-Line Application system will be available very soon and an email will be sent to you when this occurs.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:47 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: South Australian Sponsorships Now Available

George,

I may be missing something (always possible as I am inter-State and away from my desk at the moment), but where is the list of skilled occupations Immigration SA will sponsor for the permanent subclass 176 visa? The Immi SA Fact Sheet refers to the whole Skilled Occupations List!

I have also sent an email to Immi SA asking them for clarification.

Best regards.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

I looked on the SA site this morning and got all excited, posted it on another forum and then couldn't find the occupations list either - glad it's not just me
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:12 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable isn't it?

At the risk of making myself a hostage to fortune (ie someone finding the list of wanted skilled occupations in SA) I really do wonder as to the competencies of people in certain Government departments ...

Best regards.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
George,

I may be missing something (always possible as I am inter-State and away from my desk at the moment), but where is the list of skilled occupations Immigration SA will sponsor for the permanent subclass 176 visa? The Immi SA Fact Sheet refers to the whole Skilled Occupations List!

I have also sent an email to Immi SA asking them for clarification.

Best regards.

I know there's a skills shortage here, but I didn't realise it was that bad

I did find this though:

Immigration SA would like to inform you that all applications for Sponsorships for the current Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 495) and the State/Territory Nominated Independent Visa (subclass 137) have been suspended.

Information on State Sponsorship under the revised visa structure by the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s new General Skilled Migration Program will be posted on this website in September 2007.

So maybe they still haven't got that far yet
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to allFlixy is a name known to all

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/pdf...ipCriteria.pdf

I found this, but can't get into the link, do I get a prize???
Edited to say that I got into this link:

www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Hubby's job is on it but i'm a bit confused, does this mean he can apply for the permanent visa (he has points) or is this list just for the sir visa? I'm confused because on both visas it is the same link.

Last edited by Flixy; Sep 19th 2007 at 9:58 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flixy

I found this, but can't get into the link, do I get a prize???

The link is embedded in a PDF file. Open a new window and type the link in and the list comes up. It is a computer glitch!!

From memory, the list looks identical to the previous one.

Fingers crossed I'm right.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

The link takes you to the SOL list, can any agent tell me if this means if it is on here then we could apply for the STNI?
On this page, both visa criteria's look the same to me, or am I deluded?
I'm trying not to get excited as it's probably a printing error, or I am reading it wrong.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:13 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flixy
The link takes you to the SOL list, can any agent tell me if this means if it is on here then we could apply for the STNI?
On this page, both visa criteria's look the same to me, or am I deluded?
I'm trying not to get excited as it's probably a printing error, or I am reading it wrong.
Hi,

Yes it does seem as though they're starting with the SOL as a list of occupations in demand, but I imagine that will be reduced quite quickly. Like Alan I'll wait on Ann J's confirmation.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Is it my imagination or does has the new criteria for sponsorship from SA now specify that you need a fair bit of cash behind you? It says -

To enure that you are able to support yourself and your family until you obtain employment, the SA government requires evidence that (as a rough guide) you have fund to the equivalent of AUD$25,000 for a single person, with an additional AUD $5,000 for each additional family member included on the sponsorship application. This figure is based on the amount that an applicant may need in the event that appropriate employment is not sourced for up to six months upon arrival.

For a couple this means nearly £13,000 and for a family with three kids £19,350. I'm sure that I would have noticed this before! I can imagine that this is going to put a lot of people in a bit of a spot. Also I blumin hope we get jobs before we spend £13,000 I'll wash dishes, mow your lawn ANYTHING if we're that stuck! Or am I being unrealistic - is it going to cost this much (or nearly) to set ourselves up with a rental and live till we get jobs?

Last edited by scotlandtooz; Sep 20th 2007 at 7:29 am.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

lee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
this as also been the case for the state nomination permanent visa,they just want to know you can support yourself,doesnt mean you will spend that amount of money when you are there.
Myrtle,Tony,Callum
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Unbelievable isn't it?

At the risk of making myself a hostage to fortune (ie someone finding the list of wanted skilled occupations in SA) I really do wonder as to the competencies of people in certain Government departments ...

Best regards.
I know I want to move here and all, but when you click on 'apply online' this is how they have headed the page - applilication System
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:21 am
Migration Agent

Reply from Immigration SA:

"Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The Lists of Occupations that Immigration SA will sponsor for Permanent and Provisional options will be available when the Application Form is posted on-line by the end of next week. I have revised the Fact Sheet accordingly."

AC is not impressed.

Best regards.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:43 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Reply from Immigration SA:

"Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The Lists of Occupations that Immigration SA will sponsor for Permanent and Provisional options will be available when the Application Form is posted on-line by the end of next week. I have revised the Fact Sheet accordingly."

AC is not impressed.

Best regards.
Further to Alan's post I've spoken to Ann J this morning and I think that generally people whose applications were interrupted by their moratorium on processing won't find any unpleasant surprises when the lists and forms are finally approved for publication next week.

The improved transparency will be a benefit for everyone, if only some of the other agencies involved in General Skilled Migration could be as proactive about it.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 20th 2007, 1:32 pm
Migration Agent

So why are they taking so long, George?

Lack of resources is my impression ...

Best regards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.