Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sorry - another question about health undertakings

Sorry - another question about health undertakings

Old May 16th 2005, 2:36 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Sorry - another question about health undertakings

I've not been asked to provide a HU yet but may yet be.

I've searched but can't find the answer to this question.

Had the medicals in April and may have to validate (assuming HU requested) by October. That's not a problem in itself.

We were planning on validating this year and going out, for good, next year.

The question is: assuming a HU is requested, do I have to contact an Aus doctor within a few weeks of validating (as I will probably only stay a few days before returning to the UK) or within a few weeks of actually entering Aus permanently which will be next year?
Old May 16th 2005, 2:58 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: Sorry - another question about health undertakings

The question is: assuming a HU is requested, do I have to contact an Aus doctor within a few weeks of validating (as I will probably only stay a few days before returning to the UK) or within a few weeks of actually entering Aus permanently which will be next year?[/QUOTE]

You need to have clearence and your visa before you can validate anyway.

I'm not sure I understand your question fully, sorry.
Old May 16th 2005, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

annn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Sorry - another question about health undertakings

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
I've not been asked to provide a HU yet but may yet be.

I've searched but can't find the answer to this question.

Had the medicals in April and may have to validate (assuming HU requested) by October. That's not a problem in itself.

We were planning on validating this year and going out, for good, next year.

The question is: assuming a HU is requested, do I have to contact an Aus doctor within a few weeks of validating (as I will probably only stay a few days before returning to the UK) or within a few weeks of actually entering Aus permanently which will be next year?

You get 4 weeks to contact the doctor (a tel no is provided) just tell them you are only visiting and approx when you will be arriving for good. They will note that you made contact and you just contact them again when you arrive for good.
Good luck

annn
Old May 16th 2005, 4:27 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sorry - another question about health undertakings

Originally Posted by annn
You get 4 weeks to contact the doctor (a tel no is provided) just tell them you are only visiting and approx when you will be arriving for good. They will note that you made contact and you just contact them again when you arrive for good.
Good luck

annn
That's what I suspected. Thanks for that!