Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

sons passport due to reun out got visa stamp advice please

Wikiposts

sons passport due to reun out got visa stamp advice please

Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all
Default sons passport due to reun out got visa stamp advice please

Sons passport due to run out soon and still not sold house so will have to renew it. But got the visa stamped on it so what do you do?

Do you apply as normal to renew then have to send it off again to be stamped a little confused. ?

Any one else had to do this?
Julie
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:34 am
aka Mrs Stressalot

jasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nicejasb is just really nice
Default Re: sons passport due to reun out got visa stamp advice please

Originally Posted by corgi
Sons passport due to run out soon and still not sold house so will have to renew it. But got the visa stamped on it so what do you do?

Do you apply as normal to renew then have to send it off again to be stamped a little confused. ?

Julie
I asked my migration agent this a while ago, cos one passport has short date. She said you just have to travel out with both passports. Hopefully someone a little more knowledgable will post - but that's what I believe.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

corgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to allcorgi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jasb
I asked my migration agent this a while ago, cos one passport has short date. She said you just have to travel out with both passports. Hopefully someone a little more knowledgable will post - but that's what I believe.
Thank you . It would be nice to hear from some one who has done that and now in Oz. But thank you for your quick reply.
Julie
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

monmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura about

Julie
we r in the same boat...just got back from validation trip visa now stamped in daughters passport.....hers runs out next year and we will be in melbourne by then....
i asked at the post office last weekend & they seemed to think that you carry both passports with you......
but who knows.........she did look at me with a confused look on her face
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:08 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

I have read on hear somewhere that you travel with both passports. A lot of people will probably have the same problem at some point as childrens passports are only valid for 5 years anyway.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:20 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tawkins1
I have read on hear somewhere that you travel with both passports. A lot of people will probably have the same problem at some point as childrens passports are only valid for 5 years anyway.
Travel with both passports (can cause problems with airline staff sometimes) or get visas re-stamped.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:23 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
Travel with both passports (can cause problems with airline staff sometimes) or get visas re-stamped.

Does that mean just to send them back to Australia House with your visa letter again? Sorry to sound a bit dim
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
So if you send it back to be stamped then maybe its worth checking on others if say they are due to run out in a year or so. Is that what people have done who are now in Oz? Also I didnt know that they would stamp your new one? I wish I had noticed this before.

I would hate to have a problem with airline staff just as I am about to board the plane.
I was told its more expensive to renew the passport in Oz.?
Julie
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Does that mean just to send them back to Australia House with your visa letter again? Sorry to sound a bit dim
I have found my paper work and noticed that it says......

If you obtain a new passport and you have a valid visa in your old passport you may travel with new and old passport. Present old and new passport when boarding and entry clearance.

Wow I feel lots better now.
Julie
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Julie
this happened to us with our son's passport,we renewed it as normal with passport office then when we got it back we sent it off to australia house again with a note explaining and they re stickered it and sent it back to us. They said we could travel with two passports but some airports/lines can be awkward about it so better to do it this way( if you still have time?)
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

No Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really niceNo Dramas is just really nice

The following quote is taken from my visa grant letter which I received last week.

Passport Details

The granted visas are linked to the passport numbers that were provided as part of the application.
If any person obtains a new passport after receiving this letter and before the visa is evidenced, they
will need to contact the nearest Immigration office in Australia or overseas to advise the
Department of their new passport details.

When travelling into or out of Australia visa holders should ensure that they carry their current
passport and the passport containing their valid visa. Visa holders unable to present evidence of
their current visa when travelling may experience significant delays at the airport and may be
denied permission to travel back to Australia.

For further information about the required documentary evidence for travel to Australia please refer
to http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sh...5documents.htm
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:46 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I have found my paper work and noticed that it says......

If you obtain a new passport and you have a valid visa in your old passport you may travel with new and old passport. Present old and new passport when boarding and entry clearance.
Some (perhaps most) airline staff will be ok with this. Others will want to get clearance from DIAC's entry operations centre first.