Somebody help me, Im slighty devasted

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 12:58 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Somebody help me, Im slighty devasted

G´day,

4 weeks ago I broke up with my missus after 9 years...9 weeks ago I have lodged my final application for permanent residency. Today I get a call from immigration requiring more evidence, documents. I cant come up with it anymore...so obviously I have to tell them that the relationship has ended which means I get kicked out. What am I supposed to do?
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:34 am
Banned

Hippy-Dippy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Somebody help me, Im slighty devasted

that is bad timing, i WOULD GET HELP FROM AN AGENT IMMEDIATELY OR PERHAPS A LAWYER
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 2:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
G´day,

4 weeks ago I broke up with my missus after 9 years...9 weeks ago I have lodged my final application for permanent residency. Today I get a call from immigration requiring more evidence, documents. I cant come up with it anymore...so obviously I have to tell them that the relationship has ended which means I get kicked out. What am I supposed to do?
Were you on a temporary spouse visa? How is it that you weren't given permanent residence at the start? Usually those in a relationship for 5 years or more get permanent residence immediately.

I would echo the other poster - get urgent professional advice. If in Sydney, contact IARC: http://www.iarc.asn.au

And you might get more answers on the immigration forum.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:11 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

G´day,

Only "slightly devestated" !!!!!!

Hope it works out for you -I have friends in a similar situation who are on a business visa,applied for PR and have now very accrimoniously seperated.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Only "slightly devestated" !!!!!!

Hope it works out for you -I have friends in a similar situation who are on a business visa,applied for PR and have now very accrimoniously seperated.
A temporary spouse visa is different - if you separate from the Aussie spouse then technically you have no right to stay in Australia, as the visa is conditional and depends on the rel'ship continuing.

Rubble - you need professional advice NOW. Ring George Lombard or someone of his ilk TODAY.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 22nd 2007 at 3:24 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

G´day,

As said by others contact an agent...but don't worry too much a friend of mine was there with her Aussie hubby and they were only in Oz less than a year but she was given permission to stay even though they had split up.
Debbie
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:15 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys, I´ll be in touch with GL very very soon....wish me luck !! Please ! :-)
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:19 am
Last remaining Dec PR app

biibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nice

I wish you loads and loads of luck that you don't have to come back here.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:15 am
Melbourne Rock City

Thanks guys, I hope good old George can help me :-))

Any other users with the same, unfortunate experience ?
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:25 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

G´day,

Was your missus the main applicant then or the person allowed to stay?
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice

Thanks guys, I hope good old George can help me :-))
Best wishes and good luck, hope all turns out well for you.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachie241
Was your missus the main applicant then or the person allowed to stay?
The missus is an Aussie, he's on a spouse visa - she can stay cos she is an Aussie, his temporary visa is dependent on the rel'ship continuing, and technically they can refuse PR if the rel'ship ends.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:54 am
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The missus is an Aussie, he's on a spouse visa - she can stay cos she is an Aussie, his temporary visa is dependent on the rel'ship continuing, and technically they can refuse PR if the rel'ship ends.
would anyone know of cases where the PR was granted regardless ?
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear you news, I do not have any useful information for you, but just wanted to wish you the very best of luck.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:40 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

would anyone know of cases where the PR was granted regardless ?
It is possible, but you really need to speak to George today. Hopefully he can get you sorted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.