Wikiposts

Some Questions About Emigrating To Oz ???

Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Regularninianparker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some Questions About Emigrating To Oz ???

Hi, I am in the very initial stages of seriously thinking about emigrating with my family to Oz, preferably Adelaide (where I did my primary schooling) and have the following questions.

I am 42 years old work in training and development management and have done for the past eight years, my wife works in a similar field and has done for appoximately the same time. We both work for large well known companies, myself having 18 years with the company and my wife 10. I have no degree but have two high grade NVQs which are training and business related. On the strength of this information, what sort of chance do we have of a successful application ?

We have two children aged 12 and 10 will this affect the application ?

Approximately how much would we have to pay to have someone manage a formal appilcation from start to finish ?

How long is an application likely to take ?

If successful how long does it remain live, ie: Do the state that you have been successful but have to leave for Australia before a certain date ?

Can anyone highly recommend an agent to deal with ?

Lastly, I would be making the biggest decision of my life. Our joint income is in excess of 50k, but we are prepared to exchange this for a new life down under with the hope that we can eventually replicate our earnings whilst offering our family a better way of life, any thoughts ???

Although I lived in Australia it was only for five years during primary schooling and I didn't gain Aussie citizenship.

Thanks all, any help / advice appreciated.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Some Questions About Emigrating To Oz ???

There are a few agents who post on here Tony Coats, George Lombard, so my advice would be to speak to one of them. An initial consultation with an agent should be free,if they want money go elsewhere!!!!

We are using concept australia and they reviewed are situation and advised us accordingly. We decided to go down the agent route as we didn't want to make any mistakes but its possible to do it yourself with support from forums like this. I think it depends on the complications if there are any.

All in all budget around 3,500-4k with agent 2,000 - 2,500k without. Its not a one off fee, we have been gradually paying for stuff as we go along so its not too bad.

Can't answer re your skills but you need to apply sooner rather than later if your the main applicant. 45 is the cut off age.

Good luck.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some Questions About Emigrating To Oz ???

Originally Posted by Regularninianparker
Hi, I am in the very initial stages of seriously thinking about emigrating with my family to Oz, preferably Adelaide (where I did my primary schooling) and have the following questions.

I am 42 years old work in training and development management and have done for the past eight years, my wife works in a similar field and has done for appoximately the same time. We both work for large well known companies, myself having 18 years with the company and my wife 10. I have no degree but have two high grade NVQs which are training and business related. On the strength of this information, what sort of chance do we have of a successful application ?

We have two children aged 12 and 10 will this affect the application ?

Approximately how much would we have to pay to have someone manage a formal appilcation from start to finish ?

How long is an application likely to take ?

If successful how long does it remain live, ie: Do the state that you have been successful but have to leave for Australia before a certain date ?

Can anyone highly recommend an agent to deal with ?

Lastly, I would be making the biggest decision of my life. Our joint income is in excess of 50k, but we are prepared to exchange this for a new life down under with the hope that we can eventually replicate our earnings whilst offering our family a better way of life, any thoughts ???

Although I lived in Australia it was only for five years during primary schooling and I didn't gain Aussie citizenship.
Firstly take a look at the booklets, especially # 5 and 6:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/booklets.htm

You are going to have problems meeting the general skill criteria (booklet 6) as you don't have a degree.

Employer sponsorship may be possible but you need to have skills etc that can't easily be found in Australia, otherwise employers won't likely be interested.

As you only lived for 5 years in Australia as a child, you don't qualify for the Former Resident visa.