Some queries related to RRV

Old Jun 10th 2017, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about
Default Some queries related to RRV

Hi,

My 175 skilled independent visa expired in June 2016. I want to travel in July last week for 2 months. I'm interested in applying onshore for subclass 155. But I've few queries.

1) I made new passport and also changed home. I updated DIBP last Tuesday both of these changes by posting Form 929 on address: "Locked Bag 7 NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865". I've seen VEVO and my new passport details are not updated. Therefore, when applying for Subclass 155 RRV, what if I submit my new passport copy? Because now I need Subclass 155 on my new passport number.

2) How long it takes to get Subclass 155?

Thanks,
Peace
Old Jun 11th 2017, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some queries related to RRV

Are you inside Australia, and are you eligible for Australian citizenship?

I changed passport a few years ago and followed the same process - from what I remember it took a while for the VEVO site to update but for DIBP's records it was done very quickly. I would just call them and ask about that to make sure.

If you are inside Australia and go to the DIBP office yourself - where I am I have heard they can do it while you wait but if not, no more than a few days. When you call them about VEVO ask about processing times for where you are.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

peace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura aboutpeace19 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by carcajou
Are you inside Australia, and are you eligible for Australian citizenship?

I changed passport a few years ago and followed the same process - from what I remember it took a while for the VEVO site to update but for DIBP's records it was done very quickly. I would just call them and ask about that to make sure.

If you are inside Australia and go to the DIBP office yourself - where I am I have heard they can do it while you wait but if not, no more than a few days. When you call them about VEVO ask about processing times for where you are.
I'm in Perth. I'll be eligible for citizenship in Jan 2019. I will try to call then for new passport update, otherwise, I'll visit them directly. My worry is, should I submit RRV application or wait for new passport updated? In case, new passport is not updated, then on which passport they'll issue RRV?

Thanks,
Peace
Old Jun 11th 2017, 9:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peace19
I'm in Perth. I'll be eligible for citizenship in Jan 2019. I will try to call then for new passport update, otherwise, I'll visit them directly. My worry is, should I submit RRV application or wait for new passport updated? In case, new passport is not updated, then on which passport they'll issue RRV?

Thanks,
Peace
I would wait for the new passport. It's simpler just to carry the one with your RRV in it. If you're in Perth can you go to the DIBP office on Wellington St beside Harbourtown to apply for the RRV or does it have to be done online?
Old Jun 11th 2017, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I would wait for the new passport. It's simpler just to carry the one with your RRV in it. If you're in Perth can you go to the DIBP office on Wellington St beside Harbourtown to apply for the RRV or does it have to be done online?
I've completed my RRV application via my immiAccount, but not submitted as just wanted to make sure new passport is updated.

Thanks,
Peace!
Old Jun 11th 2017, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy, I think what he is saying is that he has his new passport, and has informed DIBP, but VEVO hasn't updated his details yet.

I would call DIBP on Monday, verify that they now have your correct details, and then submit the application once they confirm that.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Dorothy, I think what he is saying is that he has his new passport, and has informed DIBP, but VEVO hasn't updated his details yet.

I would call DIBP on Monday, verify that they now have your correct details, and then submit the application once they confirm that.
Agree. I would so same tomorrow morning. Let's see how things goes from there on.

Thanks,
Peace!
Old Jun 11th 2017, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Can you not update your details via your immiaccount?
Old Jun 11th 2017, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
Can you not update your details via your immiaccount?
I've checked a lot, but I didn't find the option in my immiAccount to update passport details.

Thanks,
Peace!
Old Jun 11th 2017, 10:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I see. Lack of sleep has fuddled my brain.

Hope you get it sorted Peace.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys,

I've called DIBP at 131 881. My caller number was 200 in the queue and I waited for almost 2 hrs for my turn.

For new passport details update, they said, it takes almost 2 weeks to update. He asked me to check VEVO after 2 weeks. I sent new passport details last week via normal post. Also, he suggested to be on safe side, I can do registry post, it won't conflict. I asked what if I directly go to DIBP office and submit Form 929? He said, doesn't matter, they'll put your Form in the same box for the process.

Then he transferred the call for RRV to another staff (I didn't wait to longer this time). She said I should submit RRV form as soon as possible as she can't advise on processing time frame. Also, she said, submitting directly in DIBP office will cost you extra $80. Therefore, submit online. Also, she said, I should submit RRV application with my new passport and they'll update the new passport details in System and RRV will be issued on the new passport. She also said, provide as much evidence as possible for showing ties with Australia.

I've now submitted online RRV application via my immiAccount with fee $360 + $3.53 (surcharge). Now I've to attach documents. They said I can attach color scan copy and it will not need to be certified.

The staff was very cool, calm and cooperative. The listened to my queries calmly and responded with detailed information. They gave me ample of time and I felt it was worth waiting for 2 hrs

Thanks,
Peace!
Old Jun 14th 2017, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Update:
1) I lodged online RRV application yesterday 13 June and uploaded all docs
2) Today I can see my new passport has been updated on VEVO. It took almost 6 business days to update. I did the normal post of Form 929 on 6 June '17.

Thanks,
Peace!
Old Jun 16th 2017, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,

I've recieved visa grant notice email on 16/06/17 (Fri) for Visa subclass 155.

Thank you very much for your help & information <3

Thanks,
Peace!