Wikiposts

Some Good News For Pre-july Applications

Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Some Good News For Pre-july Applications

Hi All

For the last few weeks I have been like all pre-July applicants, very worried about the silence from DIMIA about our applications. (Skilled Designated Area Sponsored - 139 class)

Well after pestering our agents in Australia she has been able to get some firm info out of DIMIA. Following their visit to a State Conference in Brisy and also several Emails to contacts maid at the meeting, she has sent us some encouraging news that could possibly answer some of our concerns:

Quoted from Email received from our agent in Aus
From DIMIA Officer (Manager @ ASC)

She first explained that they have changed the office structure and they have separated the applications into two sections, pre July 1 and post July 1. They have also made two teams to handle the two sections. This restructure was an internal change and no one knew that it was going to happen but unfortunately for us the post July applications are being handled directly by this new team and not going into the queue behind the pre July applications. So that answers why your post July friends are being processed now.

The officer also advised that by October all pre July applications will be activated.

Since receiving the above Email we received a second one with further good news that are application is at this moment being processed and that Centrelink are now processing the ASO paper work and because it as all been front loaded the process time should be minimal, so fingers crossed we should all be in the know by the end of the month.

Good luck to every one including post July applicants and if any body has any other confirmed info of this kind PLEASE POST IT!. It all helps to keep every body from going around the twist because in this emigrating game NO NEWS IS BAD NEWS not GOOD NEWS because it puts our stress levels up to the roof.

All the best

SIGNMAN GLEN
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:49 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: Some Good News For Pre-july Applications

Thanks for the update and bringing us the good news.

Eventhough I didn't knew those internal changes I kept saying to the guys hold on it will not be long that applications are processed. So here we go

I am happy to hear that this is getting on the applications will be processed.I

It's almost time. I know lots of us thought (this guy is ever optimistic) I am and I will be .

Sorry If I have given hopes to some people.

Badri
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:00 pm
jjj
Forum Regular

jjj is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Some Good News For Pre-july Applications

Thanks for that Signman Glen

Can you let us know what exactly does "by Oct all pre july applications will be activated" mean.

Can I start getting excited does it mean if we are going to get the visa it will be by OCT?
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Some Good News For Pre-july Applications

Originally Posted by jjj

Can you let us know what exactly does "by Oct all pre july applications will be activated" mean.

Can I start getting excited does it mean if we are going to get the visa it will be by OCT?

Not to sure what "by Oct all pre july applications will be activated" means jjj but i will try to find out from agent. will post you if i find out. Hope it meens we got it!

Signman glen
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:06 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jjj

I think by october the pre july applications will be seeing movement.
If I look back I see that november backlog are being addressed as well as 139 so its moving but at a slow pace.

Cheers
Badri
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:23 pm
jjj
Forum Regular

jjj is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Signman Glen
Not to sure what "by Oct all pre july applications will be activated" means jjj but i will try to find out from agent. will post you if i find out. Hope it meens we got it!

Signman glen

Thanks for that - just thought maybe I am just reading it how I want it to be read. I am at the stadge where I am checking emails at least 4 times a day and finding it very difficult to think about anything that is not Australian. I know there are loads of us in the same boat (doesn't make it any easier though) but thanks in advance for any info from your agent.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:31 pm
A mind forever voyaging

Galilite is an unknown quantity at this point

According to what Jeremy said in another thread, the three basic milestones are logding, assessment and decision.

My guess is that by "activation" they meant "assessment".
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:44 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Hi All

Since receiving the above Email we received a second one with further good news that are application is at this moment being processed and that Centrelink are now processing the ASO paper work and because it as all been front loaded the process time should be minimal, so fingers crossed we should all be in the know by the end of the month.

Good luck to every one including post July applicants and if any body has any other confirmed info of this kind PLEASE POST IT!. It all helps to keep every body from going around the twist because in this emigrating game NO NEWS IS BAD NEWS not GOOD NEWS because it puts our stress levels up to the roof.

All the best

SIGNMAN GLEN
Thanks for the info

I really hope you hear some good news soon.

We have had our meds and pcc done and are just waiting for an acknowledgement so we can forward these on.

I will be sending you some Karma

Julia
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:46 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

For the last few weeks I have been like all pre-July applicants, very worried about the silence from DIMIA about our applications. (Skilled Designated Area Sponsored - 139 class)

Well after pestering our agents in Australia she has been able to get some firm info out of DIMIA. Following their visit to a State Conference in Brisy and also several Emails to contacts maid at the meeting, she has sent us some encouraging news that could possibly answer some of our concerns:

She first explained that they have changed the office structure and they have separated the applications into two sections, pre July 1 and post July 1. They have also made two teams to handle the two sections. This restructure was an internal change and no one knew that it was going to happen but unfortunately for us the post July applications are being handled directly by this new team and not going into the queue behind the pre July applications. So that answers why your post July friends are being processed now.

The officer also advised that by October all pre July applications will be activated.

All the best

SIGNMAN GLEN
Hi Ya,
Great news! Thanks for letting us all know & putting a smile on my face!
Least we all know for sure we are not stuck in a dead end que & things are begining to move even if it is slowly.
Best of luck everybody!
Donna.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Ya,
Great news! Thanks for letting us all know & putting a smile on my face!
Least we all know for sure we are not stuck in a dead end que & things are begining to move even if it is slowly.
Best of luck everybody!
Donna.
Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I guess activation of all applications, means all 139 applications, as they are 4-6 month processing time. I really cant see how they are going to activate ALL types of visa (pre july) applicants by October-can you? Any news is good news after what we have been through but I personnaly cannot get my hopes up once again to have yet another let down. I will prey this news is correct but reserve the champers until I see proof. Thanks for the glimmer of hope all the same!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:40 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

Originally Posted by JIVEBABE
Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I guess activation of all applications, means all 139 applications, as they are 4-6 month processing time. I really cant see how they are going to activate ALL types of visa (pre july) applicants by October-can you? Any news is good news after what we have been through but I personnaly cannot get my hopes up once again to have yet another let down. I will prey this news is correct but reserve the champers until I see proof. Thanks for the glimmer of hope all the same!
Hi

I am sorry, I think you might have misintrepret the statement. I think activation of pre july means that they will start looking into the pre july applications as it was before the new rules. Whether its 139 or something else I hope it shouldn't matter. Hey that's my interpretation.

On the contrary I am optimistic. I don't mind taking to two steps back where you can take a leap later on.

'C mon folks its not end of the world just a small hurdle to our dreams.

cheer up mate.

Badri
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Some Good News For Pre-july Applications

Hi All

All the best

SIGNMAN GLEN
Hi again

Just a thought, now there is 2 teams processing applications (pre-July & post-July) a long side each other, when the pre-July back log is done & dusted then the processing times will be much quicker and the situation will be the opposite, loads of happy chappies. Do you think that is ever possible?

Just think this forum will have no body moaning about processing times again!

Just my mind ticking over again. Come on DIMIA put me out of my Mystery give me a visa please, pretty please, pretty pretty please, pretty pretty pretty please with knobs on! see this process dose drive you mad!

Only joking

Signman Glen
Old Sep 16th 2004, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

You gotta question why people post july are being granted visas within 2/3 months & in the past it was taking 12/18 months.

New management or processes maybe? Surely if eveything is correctly sent with confirmation then the should be no hold up.

The post july do seem to be the experiement to see the actual fast times the organisation can process these visas & they look fast, but it seems a loss for everyone else who is waiting.

By the time I apply who knows what the process wil be, the goal posts seem to continally change. I am all for the change of the 457 visa though.
Its unfair to people applying for PR & is too based on the business, if cancelled the person is left with 1 month to leave the country?! Get real.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 2:01 am
Wannabee Queenslander

Hi

That's a good possibility. It all depends how quick the prejuly applications will be processed.

Only time will tell and also how precise is this information.

Cheers
Badri
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Location: Was Reading Berks. Now Palm Beach (summer bay), Sydney NSW
Ady Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really nice

Hi All

All the best

SIGNMAN GLEN
Thanks 4 giving us hope of light at the end of the tunell Glen!! Hope it happens soon, the waiting is killing us. If they can process post July that quickly then surely they can get through pre- July as quick. Though looking at evidence of late that does'nt seem to be the case!!! Good luck everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.