Wikiposts

So near and yet so far (TRA)!

Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:28 pm
Rose-tinted specs anyone?

Sarsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy So near and yet so far (TRA)!

Hi Guys

I thought you might like an update on the Gravyman and Sarsa TRA application, so here it is:

Yesterday Graham received a reply to an email he sent last week. It stated that the application had been finalised and a letter had been posted out the day before.

It did not give any indication as to whether it was positive or what the all important deeming date is. Graham emailed our agent last night and we received a reply from her this morning saying that she hasn't heard anything yet but will call as soon as she does (well she can't really do much more!).

I telephoned TRA this morning. The recorded message I got told me that the helpline was only open Mon, Wed and Fri between 9am and 5pm, it would have been 4.45pm for them! (can't get an angry face) Obviously another hard day at the office answering enquiries from other frustrated applicants so they knocked the answerphone on early!

The upside is we should be out of our misery within the next couple of days, the down side is that Graham is more convinced than ever that they are going to say 'you think you're what?!' and give us a negative assessment. Our agent told us that TRA never fail any application without first asking for more info, none has been requested and when she puts that against the application we submitted (excellent application, she called it) she can't help but be very confident of a positive outcome.

With luck you'll be seeing a 'Yay, we got it' post either tomorrow or Friday, alternatively we may just disappear into the shadows and lick our wounds. Thanks to everyone who sent me karma before and please keep it coming - it really does give the morale a boost and God knows Gravyman needs it! Oh and if you have any fingers to spare, please cross them.

Cheers,

Sara
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So near and yet so far (TRA)!

We have been crossing our fingers for you guys for weeks now. I am sure your agent is right they would have asked for more information if there was anything wrong with it.

Originally Posted by Sarsa
Hi Guys

I thought you might like an update on the Gravyman and Sarsa TRA application, so here it is:

Yesterday Graham received a reply to an email he sent last week. It stated that the application had been finalised and a letter had been posted out the day before.

It did not give any indication as to whether it was positive or what the all important deeming date is. Graham emailed our agent last night and we received a reply from her this morning saying that she hasn't heard anything yet but will call as soon as she does (well she can't really do much more!).

I telephoned TRA this morning. The recorded message I got told me that the helpline was only open Mon, Wed and Fri between 9am and 5pm, it would have been 4.45pm for them! (can't get an angry face) Obviously another hard day at the office answering enquiries from other frustrated applicants so they knocked the answerphone on early!

The upside is we should be out of our misery within the next couple of days, the down side is that Graham is more convinced than ever that they are going to say 'you think you're what?!' and give us a negative assessment. Our agent told us that TRA never fail any application without first asking for more info, none has been requested and when she puts that against the application we submitted (excellent application, she called it) she can't help but be very confident of a positive outcome.

With luck you'll be seeing a 'Yay, we got it' post either tomorrow or Friday, alternatively we may just disappear into the shadows and lick our wounds. Thanks to everyone who sent me karma before and please keep it coming - it really does give the morale a boost and God knows Gravyman needs it! Oh and if you have any fingers to spare, please cross them.

Cheers,

Sara
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:54 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: So near and yet so far (TRA)!

Hi Sara,

I honestly think that you guys have nothing to worry about. It is common knowledge that TRA will not fail without asking for more evidence so thats a plus on your side.

I think that we are all on tender hooks waiting for your reply from TRA. God only knows what i will be like once i submitt my assessment to TRA!!!

I am off to the Reading festival tonight till Monday so will expect a 'Got It' on my return

All the best (and keep your chin up)

Rob

Hi Guys

Cheers,

Sara
Old Aug 24th 2004, 9:20 pm
joveazey

Wink Re: So near and yet so far (TRA)!

Sarah,

I'm am absolutely sure you will get it this week. You sent yours off 9 days after us and we got ours yesterday - logic says yours should be 9 days after us. Also, I phoned TRA last Monday and got the same message as you, when you have woken up early especially to phone them it's very disheartening. I managed to get the switchboard number and eventually got through, but to no avail because the woman said that it had been looked at and we would hear within a couple of weeks. That didn't really help me !!

I was really stressed by this week, but now it's all ok and you will be the same by this time next week.

Jo

Old Aug 24th 2004, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys

Cheers,

Sara
Hi Sara thanks for the update as you will know there are alot of us crossing everything for Grahams assessment to come back and im sure that it will the result you have been waiting for.

if your agent has said that it was a good application then im sure it will all be positive sending you some karma to give you a boost for today

Debs xxxx
Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:02 am

Thanks guys, I know you are probably right and tomorrow both Graham and I will be feeling a) really happy and relieved and b) a little stupid for worrying so much.

The problem is that right now we can't help but think, 'what if?'
Old Aug 25th 2004, 1:33 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, I know you are probably right and tomorrow both Graham and I will be feeling a) really happy and relieved and b) a little stupid for worrying so much.

The problem is that right now we can't help but think, 'what if?'
I know what you mean, it's easy to think negative plus dont what to get your hopes up BUT by the sounds of it you've got nothing to worry about !

Keeping my fingers crossed anyway and also looking forward to the "GOT IT" post!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:18 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Sarsa and Graham

Sending you both loads of Karma, My fingers have been crossed for weeks as has everyones.

Don't forget that the TRA also had an office move while our applications were waiting to be assessed. I know its hard to be positive, but please keep your chins up this agony will be over soon.

Julia
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
Keeping my fingers crossed anyway and also looking forward to the "GOT IT" post!
Me too!