So Im waiting for my PR since 7 weeks...

Old Mar 6th 2007, 3:50 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default So Im waiting for my PR since 7 weeks...

...no news yet....how long did you guys have to wait after you send your docs in ? We are talking spouse TR...
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:33 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So Im waiting for my PR since 7 weeks...

I sent my docs in for PR (After 2 years on a spouses visa) on October 16th. I received a phone call on February 5th requesting some more documentation. So 4 months for an initial response.

The police check only had my married name on it and they needed my maiden name cleared too. I called the AFP and requested they send another seeing as I DID include my maiden name on the application... and they did. That took about 2 weeks time and I've sent all the requested docs registered mail today. I'll let you know how that goes

Siren
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:07 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

oh no :-) I dont wanna wait for much longer haha...anyway, good luck - heres is hoping that all my docs were ok...
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:25 pm
Melbourne Rock City

anyone else ? maybe ?
Old Mar 7th 2007, 1:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
anyone else ? maybe ?
I think mine was about 7 weeks after the earliest date it could've been granted (and about 10 weeks after the paperwork went in).
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

anyone else ? maybe ?
Matt got his yesterday YAY!
He sent them in about 10 days ago.
J.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:13 am
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
J.
wow.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:08 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

J.
Unbelievable! Good onya, Matt. The rest of us shall just sit on our thumbs for now

Siren
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:40 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

J.
Blimey, congratulations! Brisbane have got quicker then
Old Mar 10th 2007, 5:22 am

I forgot to mention that I recently wrote a blog about the whole DIMIA documentation thing... dunno if it will help but it might amuse you

You can click the link to my blog in my sig or click HERE to go directly to that entry only.

Siren
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

...no news yet....how long did you guys have to wait after you send your docs in ? We are talking spouse TR...
Hey M.,

I didn't know that you've already applied for the 2nd stage of the visa. You actually should be fine then unless they request further information from you to prove.

But to answer your original question, in my case it took them approx. 3months from handing in the documents to sending out the "grant-letter". That was Sydney office, btw.

If you don't mind, give me an update on where you stand now - feel free to PM me, if you prefer. Either way, it's much appreciated.

Belatedly - Happy Easter!

Cheers,
S.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:21 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by speissi
Hey M.,

I didn't know that you've already applied for the 2nd stage of the visa. You actually should be fine then unless they request further information from you to prove.

But to answer your original question, in my case it took them approx. 3months from handing in the documents to sending out the "grant-letter". That was Sydney office, btw.

If you don't mind, give me an update on where you stand now - feel free to PM me, if you prefer. Either way, it's much appreciated.

Belatedly - Happy Easter!

Cheers,
S.
You might be best doing a search through his recent posts while you wait for a reply.
Fingers firmly crossed for him.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You might be best doing a search through his recent posts while you wait for a reply.
Fingers firmly crossed for him.
Hi Pollyana,

Thank you for the advice. I knew about the latest mess he's in, but wasn't aware that he was already in the actual process... I'm rather concerned about what's going on there and hoped to prompt him to get back to me...

This partner visa route is a very daunting thing and can be so hard at times. The process definitely puts a lot of pressure on relationships and one can find themselves caught between a rock and a hard place before they know it.
I'm crossing everything for him, of course.

Btw, a belated "Happy Easter" to you, too!
How are you going there in Brisbane - are you feeling any more content at all? Please forgive me, if I ventured out too much, I usually don't post much but read with interest (time allowing) about the persons who shared the visa route with me at the time (I started in late 2003) and I got invaluable advice from at the time.

Sonja
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:15 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by speissi
Hi Pollyana,

Thank you for the advice. I knew about the latest mess he's in, but wasn't aware that he was already in the actual process... I'm rather concerned about what's going on there and hoped to prompt him to get back to me...

This partner visa route is a very daunting thing and can be so hard at times. The process definitely puts a lot of pressure on relationships and one can find themselves caught between a rock and a hard place before they know it.
I'm crossing everything for him, of course.

Btw, a belated "Happy Easter" to you, too!
How are you going there in Brisbane - are you feeling any more content at all? Please forgive me, if I ventured out too much, I usually don't post much but read with interest (time allowing) about the persons who shared the visa route with me at the time (I started in late 2003) and I got invaluable advice from at the time.

Sonja
Hi Sonja,
well, I'm still here, maybe content is not the right word, but it may improve. I remember you posting at about the time I moved here, and hoped you were still in touch with him too.
The process really does put the pressure on, and I think sometimes it puts pressure on the relationship as you are always thinking about whether to keep things in case DIMA/DIAC needs them. Its a great relief to get PR, I'm sure you will agree.

I hope things work out for him too, one way or another - I know he had a family crisis and had to travel home for a while, all extra stress. He has been talking to an agent, and to his employer, I know that much, as he emailed me.We can only hope.....I am sure he will let us know eventually what happens.
I just hope that whatevere the result, it is the best thing for him.

Polly
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

rancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant future

im now into the 8th week of waiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.