Wikiposts

So confused about Pathways!

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

shella_n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So confused about Pathways!

I know this has probably been asked before (and ive spent the last 3 hours trying to find the information but cant seem to find it) so Id really appreciate it it someone could explain the pathways or give me a link to somewhere that does.

I have found this:

Skill Pathway A: Formal Apprenticeship
Minimum Employment - 4 yrs
Training Requirement - 900 hrs formal training (incl of employment)
Specific Requirements - Regulated Apprenticeship

Skill Pathway B: Informal Apprenticeship
Minimum Employment - 5 yrs
Specific Requirement - none

but I dont get it. My husband studied full-time to get his NVQ 2, 3 and Advanced Diploma and he has since worked 3 years. Does this mean he cant apply for Pathway A? If that is correct it seems bizarre that you need to do 1 year extra if you havent done an Apprenticeship.

Thanks in advance

Michelle
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Darren_Leake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So confused about Pathways!

Originally Posted by shella_n
I know this has probably been asked before (and ive spent the last 3 hours trying to find the information but cant seem to find it) so Id really appreciate it it someone could explain the pathways or give me a link to somewhere that does.

I have found this:

Skill Pathway A: Formal Apprenticeship
Minimum Employment - 4 yrs
Specific Requirements - Regulated Apprenticeship

Skill Pathway B: Informal Apprenticeship
Minimum Employment - 5 yrs
Specific Requirement - none

but I dont get it. My husband studied full-time to get his NVQ 2, 3 and Advanced Diploma and he has since worked 3 years. Does this mean he cant apply for Pathway A? If that is correct it seems bizarre that you need to do 1 year extra if you havent done an Apprenticeship.

Thanks in advance

Michelle
It doesn't sound like he is eligible for either Pathway A or B due to only working 3 years in the trade. What occupation is your husband in? He could do an Australian Work Place Assessment and then qualify for pathway E, however he would need to be in the right occupation and he would need to have 4 years supervised work experience.