Wikiposts

So....can I go now on a tourist visa??

Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

claire-n-tel will become famous soon enoughclaire-n-tel will become famous soon enough
Default So....can I go now on a tourist visa??

Morning all

Just received an email from my CO stating that they confirm that they have "received all necessary documents in relation to my 457 visa application"
BUT.... they cannot issue my visa until the 6th April as it can only be a maximum of 4 weeks before my start date for my job.

So I guess that means my visa is approved Can i go on a tourist visa in the mean time and be already in Australia when my 457 is finally issued?

Thanks.......from a very excited Claire!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

claire-n-tel will become famous soon enoughclaire-n-tel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: So....can I go now on a tourist visa??

Anyone??!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:39 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but you might have to wait more than 15 minutes to get a reply!! Someone will reply if they know the answer - just be patient!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WS
Sorry, but you might have to wait more than 15 minutes to get a reply!! Someone will reply if they know the answer - just be patient!
Sorry! I'm feeling very over excited!! Just wanna go now!!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire

You can go on a tourist visa if you wish as the 457 can be granted while you are inside or outside Australia.

To be on the safe side apply for an ETA Subclass 977 Visa on-line. This is a business visitor visa and it would be OK to go out on this and ge tsettled and prepare for the new job. Do not get the eVisitor visa subclass 651 just in case your case officer decides to grant the 457 just before you apply for the eVisitor visa.

When you get the ETA 977 advise your case officer of your travel details

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Mar 7th 2009, 12:18 am
Just Joined

Solaris Admin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the answer.

But what about the 175 and 176 ? Can we apply for these visas and go visit Australia in visit visas and come back ?? Does it affect us ?

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Claire

You can go on a tourist visa if you wish as the 457 can be granted while you are inside or outside Australia.

To be on the safe side apply for an ETA Subclass 977 Visa on-line. This is a business visitor visa and it would be OK to go out on this and ge tsettled and prepare for the new job. Do not get the eVisitor visa subclass 651 just in case your case officer decides to grant the 457 just before you apply for the eVisitor visa.

When you get the ETA 977 advise your case officer of your travel details

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

leeh36 is an unknown quantity at this point

I might be in the same position as OP.
My question is this. If we apply for tourist visas whilst awaiting the 457 to be issued, would they allow us in with the one way flights that we have booked?

We would have funds with us if we needed to prove that we could fly onwards to somewhere else or home if need be.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leeh36
I might be in the same position as OP.
My question is this. If we apply for tourist visas whilst awaiting the 457 to be issued, would they allow us in with the one way flights that we have booked?

We would have funds with us if we needed to prove that we could fly onwards to somewhere else or home if need be.
Hi

Just thought i would update....I called Australia house in London and asked about this, they told me it is fine as long as you inform your CO who will put a note on your visa to explain why you are going in on a one way ticket and that a 457 is to be granted. He said he would not advise going in on a one way ticket with a tourist visa until you are sure that you are getting your 457 in case the 457 is refused

I've emailed my CO so hopefully hear from her on tuesday.....then we can book our flights!!

Claire