Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

Old Dec 8th 2012, 12:45 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

Merged.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

AtherSaeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

Hi,

A quick question. I am lodging my visa application through skill select.
unfortunately the limit of my credit card is less than 3060 australian dollars. Please suggest an alternate ?
Can I pay in two installments ?

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 13th 2012, 3:29 am
CdK
Just Joined

CdK is an unknown quantity at this point

Pay some money onto your credit card or ask them to increase the credit limit!
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:30 am
zkz
Just Joined

zkz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long till an invitation for 189?

Originally Posted by reehan
What's your point mark and when did you submit your EOI? As per skillselect, people having 60 points with date of effect Oct 3rd were invited on 16 Nov. And in recent invitation round held on Dec 3rd, i know a guy who got invitation with 60 points and date of effect Nov 9th.
I submitted my EOI on 13th of NOV with 60 points, according to recent invitation round, on 3rd of December. I should get invitation as date of effect moved to 27/11/2012, but I have not got any invitation.
I guess this date of effect is not reliable anymore.

Any feedback what could be the reason?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zkz
I submitted my EOI on 13th of NOV with 60 points, according to recent invitation round, on 3rd of December. I should get invitation as date of effect moved to 27/11/2012, but I have not got any invitation.
I guess this date of effect is not reliable anymore.

Any feedback what could be the reason?
Not everyone who submits an EOI gets an invitation.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:54 am
zkz
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
But according to statement given on report I should get it
"If you wish to compare your Expression of Interest (EOI) against the outcomes of the invitation round, you can check your points score and visa date of effect at any time for all visa subclasses covered by your EOI on the home page of your SkillSelect EOI".
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:57 am
zkz
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Is there any formula or priority rule to get invitation, even if you have required points or date of effect?
Old Dec 13th 2012, 11:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to accept that a visa is a privilege not a given. It matters not what you offer, what points you have, not everyone who applies for a visa is going to be successful. You may be at some point but it's most definitely not a foregone conclusion.
Old Dec 13th 2012, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

jonnyenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=zkz;10430772]Is there any formula or priority rule to get invitation, even if you have required points or date of effect?:

There must be. I certainly have managed to obtain a visa exactly as prescribed on the skillselect website. My nominated occupation, points and "date of effect" were all relevant at the time of invitation and fitted in with the prioritisation of invitation information provided under the "reports" tab. It may be worth having a chat with DIAC to find out why you weren't offered an invitation if your points and date of effect were equal to/ earlier than those of some of the pool of applicants who were invited to apply for a similar visa.

Let us know how you get on and good luck.
Old Dec 16th 2012, 9:24 am
Just Joined

tmubashirpk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI selection vs. occupation selected

Hi All,
I want to know that if a migrant has submitted an EOI and falls under the time and date of applicants invited, he surely will be invited or they have different rule for different occupations. I am assuming that occupational celling has not been met.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 11:09 am
Just Joined

steveandlauren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 189 visa

Hi Guys
I am wondering if anyone could advise me on the online application process, i have been invited to apply for the 189 through skillselect i have uploaded all my docs paid the fee but i stll have not been allocated a CO and the book medicals button online does not seem to work it just comes up with system error 500, i have emailed skillselect to infom them with no responce, so i have taken on myself to get the medicals done, my worry is that i have missed something silly like a submit button and the invitation will expire on the 31st of dec, i am aware that the immi are having technical problems but i have had no correspondance and getting rather worried.
wondering if anyone is having the same problems.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

erukus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I can an EOI for a 189?

I have a number of questions if anyone could help me.

If I submit an EOI for a 189 and decide I would like to get employer sponsored instead such as the 187, can I cancel the EOI and make a new application for employer sponsorship?

I am currently on a 476 visa and am wondering what will happen if I submit an EOI for a 189 and my 476 visa runs out, while I am waiting?

Also I have 65 points and am waiting for a skills assessment - hoping to be recognised as an Engineering Technologist - what would be my chances of getting an invite based on the current trends?

Many thanks for any help!!
Old Dec 17th 2012, 2:41 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 189 visa

Originally Posted by steveandlauren
Hi Guys
I am wondering if anyone could advise me on the online application process, i have been invited to apply for the 189 through skillselect i have uploaded all my docs paid the fee but i stll have not been allocated a CO and the book medicals button online does not seem to work it just comes up with system error 500, i have emailed skillselect to infom them with no responce, so i have taken on myself to get the medicals done, my worry is that i have missed something silly like a submit button and the invitation will expire on the 31st of dec, i am aware that the immi are having technical problems but i have had no correspondance and getting rather worried.
wondering if anyone is having the same problems.
I'm sorry I don't know much about the skill select process, but I do know that the general advice is to wait for CO before doing medicals and police checks. Given the expiry date for you to apply, were you invited Oct 31?
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I can an EOI for a 189?

Originally Posted by erukus
I have a number of questions if anyone could help me.

If I submit an EOI for a 189 and decide I would like to get employer sponsored instead such as the 187, can I cancel the EOI and make a new application for employer sponsorship?

I am currently on a 476 visa and am wondering what will happen if I submit an EOI for a 189 and my 476 visa runs out, while I am waiting?

Also I have 65 points and am waiting for a skills assessment - hoping to be recognised as an Engineering Technologist - what would be my chances of getting an invite based on the current trends?

Many thanks for any help!!

Hi first of all plz bullet point your questions like 1) 2) 3) . . . .so that someone can easily understand.

Secondly, before completion of your assessment dont think to submit EOI for 189

regards
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:41 am
Just Joined

tmubashirpk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI selection vs. occupation selected

Any one can clarify

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.