Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

Yes.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:14 am
Telecom Expert

ahmaddd2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes.
Form 929 would be my mean of communication . ? thank you Pollyana.!
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice
Default Re: Skillselect 189 analysis

SkillSelect Invitations to apply to migrate - Round 15 October 2012 Results Report

Any ICT professional with point score 60 (Visa Subclass 189) , got invitation till now??
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 12:53 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ahmaddd2
Form 929 would be my mean of communication . ? thank you Pollyana.!
Yes it is form 929.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 12:57 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Bizkut is an unknown quantity at this point

In the report for the 15th Ocober round, section "Invitation process and cut offs", the following information was published

Visa Subclass: Skilled - Independent (subclass 189)
Points Score: 60
Visa date of effect: 14/10/2012 23.11 pm

I don't think that means the cut-off date for the last EOI to be invited was that date, otherwise I would have been invited. Can anyway give me some insight?
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

kkasunperera is an unknown quantity at this point

@Bizkut Yes It's confusing.

My gut feeling is "Visa date of effect: 14/10/2012 23.11 pm " is not for "Points Score: 60" it may be the date for higher Point Scores(i.e it can be anything from 65,70,75... )

I feel this is a bug in Skilselect system , who ever the software company developed this Skilselect system has done a very crappy work, they haven't even tested the software properly.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by kkasunperera
@Bizkut Yes It's confusing.

My gut feeling is "Visa date of effect: 14/10/2012 23.11 pm " is not for "Points Score: 60" it may be the date for higher Point Scores(i.e it can be anything from 65,70,75... )

I feel this is a bug in Skilselect system , who ever the software company developed this Skilselect system has done a very crappy work, they haven't even tested the software properly.
Oh yes, it must be for a higher points score since DIAC have said that it's sixty.

Whilst I agree that SkillSelect has had a lot of technical problems, there is no evidence to suggest that it is not what is stated (i.e. sixty points).
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Something doesn't add up. I have 60 points, mid Sept EOI submission, didn't get invitation
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Can't find any DIAC e-mail to query this issue. Can anyone help?
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Bizkut
Can't find any DIAC e-mail to query this issue. Can anyone help?
There is no general DIAC e-mail address. If you need to contact them, then you'd need to call them or send a pre-lodgement enquiry. Two things though - be wary of the information you get from the helpline (they have a bit of a reputation for unreliable information), and the pre-/post-lodgement forms are just basically tick boxes & they'll send you basic information on the subject(s) you've selected. There's no way of inputting an enquiry freehand anymore.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks mrsgreenstar76 for the info. Tried the link you posted and it really isn't of any help in this case (as you said, it only provides automated answers and only to what must be perceived as the most common queries).

I wanted to avoid phoning because of the costs and the major time zone difference but that is quickly becoming the only option...
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Igor1711 is an unknown quantity at this point

In the report for the 15th Ocober round, section "Invitation process and cut offs", the following information was published

Visa Subclass: Skilled - Independent (subclass 189)
Points Score: 60
Visa date of effect: 14/10/2012 23.11 pm

I don't think that means the cut-off date for the last EOI to be invited was that date, otherwise I would have been invited. Can anyway give me some insight?
and the report for the 1th October round says "Visa date of effect: 01/07/2012"
which is quite odd, and may lead to the conclusion that skill select doesn't work properly.
that is just my opinion.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Something doesn't add up. I have 60 points, mid Sept EOI submission, didn't get invitation
My friend also submitted EOI on 8th Sept for 189 with 60 points , still no inventation
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 11:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
My friend also submitted EOI on 8th Sept for 189 with 60 points , still no inventation
Could it be that your applications are not what DIAC are looking for? My understanding of the EOI system was that the department looks at those who wish to apply and decide whether to offer a spot or not based on skills, age, etc. Simply having enough points (if I understand what the new system is about) isn't enough anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.