Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

SkillSelect - the unanswerable Speculation/Timeline/Online Status questions

Old Nov 7th 2012, 6:51 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Officer Assignment

Originally Posted by samper
Hi,

We have lodge our application with DIAC on last Friday, you are requested to please let us know how much time DIAC will take to assign Case Officer. At the moment we are not able to check our application status from website do you peoples know anything about application status filed against EOI invitation.

Regards
Samper
The simple answer is "how long is a piece of string?"

I moved your thread in here, as there is no way anyone will be able to tell you how long it will take for you to be assigned a CO. It would be pure speculation.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 11:17 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications

Each year the department takes into account visa planning levels set by the government for the program year which forms the Migration Program. The Migration Program determines the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa stream.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ng-gsm-app.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tion-times.htm
Old Nov 8th 2012, 11:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications

What's your point?
Old Nov 8th 2012, 11:36 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allocation Dates for General Skilled Migration Applications

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
Each year the department takes into account visa planning levels set by the government for the program year which forms the Migration Program. The Migration Program determines the maximum number of visas that can be granted in each visa stream.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ng-gsm-app.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...tion-times.htm
Merged into the DIAC status & speculation thread.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 3:40 am
Just Joined

emad1364 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship Application

Hi
in order to get Australia PR under Skilled Independent (subclass 189) how long should I wait to be invited ( if I'm eligible to be invited) after submitting my EOI?
and how long will it take to get PR after lodging my visa application?
please advise me if you have experience
Thnaks
Old Nov 12th 2012, 6:48 am

Default Re: Citizenship Application

Originally Posted by emad1364
Hi
in order to get Australia PR under Skilled Independent (subclass 189) how long should I wait to be invited ( if I'm eligible to be invited) after submitting my EOI?
please advise me if you have experience
Thnaks
Moved to a more appropriate thread.

To answer your question - how long is a piece of string? No-one will be able to tell you how long it will take, as no two applications are the same. Plus, this isn't a timeline site.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:30 am
Just Joined

emad1364 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default getting Australia PR

Hello to all
anybody knows in order to get Australia PR under Skilled Independent (subclass 189) how long should I wait to be invited ( if I'm eligible to be invited) after submitting my EOI?
Regards
Old Nov 13th 2012, 3:40 am

Default Re: getting Australia PR

Originally Posted by emad1364
Hello to all
anybody knows in order to get Australia PR under Skilled Independent (subclass 189) how long should I wait to be invited ( if I'm eligible to be invited) after submitting my EOI?
Regards
The answer hasn't changed since yesterday. Please don't post the same question multiple times.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

My friend with 60 points (Software Engineer) , applied EOI on 08/09/2012, got the invitation today.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

AtherSaeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIAC Application Status, Speculation & other unanswerable questions (merged)

Hi,

I have received an invitation from skill select yesterday.
I have a query ...
When do i need to submit my documents and medical exams, because the lodge visa online application has no option for uploading. (Is it that I just need to apply online and once I am assigned a visa officer then he will ask me to upload docs? )

secondly,
I have to apply for my wife as well. (she meets the required english level criterion), Should I include her in the visa lodging application or after I am assigned a visa officer ?

Thanks guys
Old Nov 16th 2012, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by AtherSaeed
Hi,

I have received an invitation from skill select yesterday.
I have a query ...
When do i need to submit my documents and medical exams, because the lodge visa online application has no option for uploading. (Is it that I just need to apply online and once I am assigned a visa officer then he will ask me to upload docs? )

secondly,
I have to apply for my wife as well. (she meets the required english level criterion), Should I include her in the visa lodging application or after I am assigned a visa officer ?

Thanks guys
Congrats mate

Once you submit your completed visa application you get the Link to upload required documents in your email.
You can upload your medical and Police certificate(PCC) later when your CO ask for it.
Usually Medical & PCC are valid for 1 year (PCC in some cases valid for 6 months), so if you front load now then they might expire before your visa application is approved(In most cases of high risk countries the processing timeline more than 13 - 14 months).
If in case you are calming points for partners skills then u need to submit her skills assessment and IELTS etc)
If you are not claiming the points for partners skills then you need to submit her IELTS (for English language evidence) if u don't want to pay the 2nd installment fee.
Have a look here for partner's English language Evidence

All the best for your visa application
For
Old Nov 16th 2012, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
Congrats mate

Once you submit your completed visa application you get the Link to upload required documents in your email.
You can upload your medical and Police certificate(PCC) later when your CO ask for it.
Usually Medical & PCC are valid for 1 year (PCC in some cases valid for 6 months), so if you front load now then they might expire before your visa application is approved(In most cases of high risk countries the processing timeline more than 13 - 14 months).
If in case you are calming points for partners skills then u need to submit her skills assessment and IELTS etc)
If you are not claiming the points for partners skills then you need to submit her IELTS (for English language evidence) if u don't want to pay the 2nd installment fee.
Have a look here for partner's English language Evidence

All the best for your visa application
For
Many thanks for your quick response. However, I am still confused.
Please elaborate a little more,

Lets talk about my spouse first
Ok, I am not claiming her points. I am only applying on my points. So, I only need to submit her IELTS result. (which is fine, she has a 7.5 band)
How and where to add my partner (wife) in my online visa application lodge.

(the only option I see is under Migrating Family members)

During my EOI application I have entered the mentioned below information.

Family Members

Are there any family members the client would like to introduce in future application? NO
Would the client be accompanied by client's partner in future application?
YES

So if I include my spouse/wife in the family members section of visa application, will it contradict with the information I provided in EOI ??

for the second query
What i understood from your reply is, I should lodge my application and pay the fee and after that i will be assigned a CO and he will ask me to upload documents. ??

Thanks for your quick response.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Malikkhi,

Many thanks for your quick response. However, I am still confused.
Please elaborate a little more,

Lets talk about my spouse first
Ok, I am not claiming her points. I am only applying on my points. So, I only need to submit her IELTS result. (which is fine, she has a 7.5 band)
How and where to add my partner (wife) in my online visa application lodge.

(the only option I see is under Migrating Family members)

During my EOI application I have entered the mentioned below information.

Family Members

Are there any family members the client would like to introduce in future application? NO
Would the client be accompanied by client's partner in future application?
YES

So if I include my spouse/wife in the family members section of visa application, will it contradict with the information I provided in EOI ??

for the second query
What i understood from your reply is, I should lodge my application and pay the fee and after that i will be assigned a CO and he will ask me to upload documents. ??

Thanks for your quick response.
Mate take it easy and chill , kindly delete your duplicate post.

Your wife/spouse and kids are your family members........
Have a look here
"Include family members

You can include the following family members in your visa application:

your partner
your or your partner's dependent child
your or your partner's dependent relative.

"

Once you submit your application , you will get the mail with link(where to upload the documents).
CO will not be assigned just after submission.It will take time, may be weeks or months(nobody can give you a definite answer , when the, CO will be assigned).
Old Nov 16th 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
Mate take it easy and chill , kindly delete your duplicate post.

Your wife/spouse and kids are your family members........
Have a look here
"Include family members

You can include the following family members in your visa application:

your partner
your or your partner's dependent child
your or your partner's dependent relative.

"

Once you submit your application , you will get the mail with link(where to upload the documents).
CO will not be assigned just after submission.It will take time, may be weeks or months(nobody can give you a definite answer , when the, CO will be assigned).
Dear Malikkhi

Many thanks for your quick and detailed response.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Dear Malikkhi

Many thanks for your quick and detailed response.
Hi,

I would like to know one more thing regarding Australian visa.

I have just lodged my visa application via skill select under sub class 189. Now i know it will take at least 14 months to get a final decision. (that will be around December 2013). (I have included my wife in my application also)

Now my wife applied for admission in a Masters program in one of the universities in Australia for July 2013 session.
I would like to know is she eligible to apply for a students visa for herself and a spouse visa for me. (considering that we have already launched our immigration process)

What will happen once we are there and later we get a positive decision on our immigration case. Will our visa statuses will be changed automatically ?

Please help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.