Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SkillSelect - New Visa Subclasses from 1st July 2012

SkillSelect - New Visa Subclasses from 1st July 2012

Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

lightykop will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SkillSelect - New Visa Subclasses from 1st July 2012

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Just in case anyone hasn't seen this yet, there's a little more information about SkillSelect that is being implemented on 1st July 2012.

More specifically, it lists the new visa subclasses.

I imagine they'll put more information up as it gets closer to 1st July. For example, I haven't found what the visa application charges (VAC) will be (although I'm not really looking too hard at almost 1.30 am!).

Hope it helps.
for nomination 186 states you have to have 2 years with employer i only have 1 year but 2 years with previous employer.the company want to nominate me not sure if 1 year long enough!
Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:23 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

There are some numbers for the occupation ceilings here.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:32 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lightykop
for nomination 186 states you have to have 2 years with employer i only have 1 year but 2 years with previous employer.the company want to nominate me not sure if 1 year long enough!
No, there are different pathways depending on your length of employment & if you're applying from outside Australia etc. You wouldn't be able to go for the temporary residence transition scheme, for example, as you haven't been with your employer for two years. Your employer could sponsor you under direct entry or agreement stream though.

When you apply, you must select one of the visa’s three streams.
  • Choose the Temporary Residence Transition stream if you are a subclass 457 visa holder who has worked for your employer for two years in the nominated occupation and your employer wants to offer you a permanent position in that occupation.
  • Choose the Direct Entry stream if you have never, or only briefly, worked in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 visa for the last two years, or if you are applying directly from outside Australia.
  • Choose the Agreement stream if you are being sponsored by an employer through a tailored and negotiated labour agreement or regional migration agreement.
If you were sponsored under the direct entry scheme, you would need to meet the skills, English & work experience requirements. You'd need three years work experience, but it doesn't need to be Australian experience. For the agreement stream, you would need to meet the age, skills & English requirements listed in the agreement.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

jackliz5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think it's meant for people whose visas have expired. It says:

It specifically says hold not held. So I think it needs to be a current visa.
thanks.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Is there any fees to submit EOI? or we need to pay when invited?
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by jackliz5
Is there any fees to submit EOI? or we need to pay when invited?
No, the EoI is completely free of charge.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 3:25 am
Just Joined

tacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nice

Further to my earlier post, I have called the WA State Government on the state sponsorship criteria on the 190 visa. They are still sorting this out and we can see the criteria online in early July.

I have sat for the IELTS test last Saturday and given EA my documents for MSA. It appears that all I can do now is to sit back and wait. Optimistically, I can submit my EOI around July/August 2012.

Is there anything else that I can do?
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

sskl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I am new to this forum.

Can anybody let me know, list of documents required to file EOI for Skilled independent. (189)

IELTS results, qualification document ?

Thanks
Inder
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There is a link to the 189 a few posts higher up, it will take you to the site
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:43 am
Just Joined

sskl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There is a link to the 189 a few posts higher up, it will take you to the site
Thanks Pollyana,

I Understand from the web site, We need to have IELTS result and skill assessment in hand before applying for EOI (Prime candidate).

1. Now my question is do i need to have IELTS result and skill assessment for Spouse also, if i am claiming 5 points of spouse also.

Or it is required for spouse ?

Rgds
Inder Kaler
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by sskl
Thanks Pollyana,

I Understand from the web site, We need to have IELTS result and skill assessment in hand before applying for EOI (Prime candidate).

1. Now my question is do i need to have IELTS result and skill assessment for Spouse also, if i am claiming 5 points of spouse also.

Or it is required for spouse ?

Rgds
Inder Kaler
If you are claiming points for your spouse's skills, then they will need to have had their skills assessed & taken the IELTS test too. Your spouse would need to have proof of functional English anyway, unless you fancy paying an extra AUD $4k!

Last edited by mrsgreenstar76; Jul 3rd 2012 at 11:14 am. Reason: Inserting the correct tense.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

No, the EoI is completely free of charge.
no worries thanks.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

jakc is an unknown quantity at this point

My employer nominated a position for an 856 application, and got approval nomination letter through on the 16th May.

Been waiting on police checks, so will now have to apply for 186.

Can anyone confirm if my prior nomination letter still valid for lodging a 186 application?
Old Jul 4th 2012, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

newaussy is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are claiming points for your spouse's skills, then they will need to have had their skills assessed & taken the IELTS test too. Your spouse would need to have proof of functional English anyway, unless you fancy paying an extra AUD $4k!
Hi

I'm planning to get VIC SS and apply for 190 visa as my occupation is not on the main SOL.

Also planning to get points for partner skills. I'm aware that partner's skills have to be assessed by the relevant accessing authority, but should I get sponsorship for my partner from VIC as her occupation is only on the consolidated list

thanks in advance
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:48 am
Just Joined

tacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nice

My migration skill assessment resulted in a positive outcome yesterday. The letter coming from the professional body arrived earlier than expected.

So far, I can claim 55 points. Now everything hinges on the WA state sponsorship requirements and my IELTS results.

The worst scenario for me is not being able to fulfil the possible IELTS 7.0 requirement and I have to resit the IELTS. Another possibility is to see out my current contract and try to claim for 1 year Oz experience and earn an extra 5 points for the 189 visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.