Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SkillSelect - New Visa Subclasses from 1st July 2012

SkillSelect - New Visa Subclasses from 1st July 2012

Old Jun 27th 2012, 12:25 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SkillSelect - New Visa Subclasses from 1st July 2012

Originally Posted by asifadam
how would i know that they are not interested in sending me the invitation... is there a fix time to wait or they will intimate u after some time ?
You won't know until they invite. DIAC staff won't be able to tell you where you are ranked. So you'll just have to wait & see if they invite you.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asifadam
how would i know that they are not interested in sending me the invitation... is there a fix time to wait or they will intimate u after some time ?
after each round of invitation, DIAC will post the lowest number of oints against each occupation, to which the invitations have been sent, this will probably give you an idea, where your application lies....read skill select in DIAC website...its written there
Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:39 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shah
after each round of invitation, DIAC will post the lowest number of oints against each occupation, to which the invitations have been sent, this will probably give you an idea, where your application lies....read skill select in DIAC website...its written there
What on earth are you on about?
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:30 am
Just Joined

tacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nice

What are the criteria of being sponsored by a state government for the 190 visa?

In other words, what are the pre-requisites for getting that extra 5 points off the point-test table? Thanks.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by tacchan14
What are the criteria of being sponsored by a state government for the 190 visa?

In other words, what are the pre-requisites for getting that extra 5 points off the point-test table? Thanks.
Meeting the requirements for state sponsorship. You'll need to have a look at the individual state sponsorship websites for their requirements.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 4:58 am
Just Joined

tacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nicetacchan14 is just really nice

I have gone to this website:-

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skill...pcriteria.aspx

My specific question on 190 visa is that do we need to get to 60 points before getting that 5 points from the state government sponsorship? This is not 100%clear from the website.

The WA migration department's answer was that I have to wait until 1 July 2012 for the new information.

Any comments welcome. Thanks.
Old Jun 28th 2012, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by tacchan14
I have gone to this website:-

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skill...pcriteria.aspx

My specific question on 190 visa is that do we need to get to 60 points before getting that 5 points from the state government sponsorship? This is not 100%clear from the website.

The WA migration department's answer was that I have to wait until 1 July 2012 for the new information.

Any comments welcome. Thanks.
Getting the sponsorship from a prospective state and getting the VISA is two different steps, getting a state sponsorship does not guarantee a VISA grant either.

you need 60 points to satisfy DIAC/ SkillSelect to issue the EOI acceptance letter, but that too does not guarantee that by having 60 points you will be issued an EOI acceptance letter. there are some more selection criteria such as employment ceilings and so on to issue the EOI acceptance letter.

the best option is to get the state sponsorship before going ahead with the EOI, having the state sponsorship means that the issued state is in need of the skill category you are falling under, hence DIAC/SkillSelect will issue the EOI acceptance letter much faster without considering the employment ceilings, provided that you meat the pass mark of 60 points.

Hope this is informative to you.

Cheers,
PB
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:21 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

... the best option is to get the state sponsorship before going ahead with the EOI ...

Some of the States are presently saying that you must lodge the EoI before seeking sponsorship.

We made telephone calls to several of the States this week on this very point.

Best regards.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

asifadam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
... the best option is to get the state sponsorship before going ahead with the EOI ...

Some of the States are presently saying that you must lodge the EoI before seeking sponsorship.

We made telephone calls to several of the States this week on this very point.

Best regards.
To get the state sponsorship EOI is the first step and if that state accept you then you can apply for similar State to DIAC.???

when would these rules be finalized and posted on skill select website?
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice
Default Re: Skilled Visas - Ranking of applications under the EoI

VISA Charges increased as anticipated.. have a look at the below details.

VISA Sub Class 189 --> AUD3060
VISA Sub Class 190 --> AUD3060
VISA Sub Class 489 --> AUD3060

Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:22 am

Default Re: Skilled Visas - Ranking of applications under the EoI

Originally Posted by peaceboy
VISA Charges increased as anticipated.. have a look at the below details.

VISA Sub Class 189 --> AUD3060
VISA Sub Class 190 --> AUD3060
VISA Sub Class 489 --> AUD3060

I've moved this to the general SkillSelect thread as it has nothing to do with EoI rankings.

I'm unsurprised about the VAC increase - it was to be expected really. It's the perfect opportunity to introduce a new fee.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 6:22 am

DIAC have put a guide on how to use SkillSelect & create EoIs etc on their website. I think it could be quite useful.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 6:31 am

I just learned something interesting. Holders of 495/496/475/487 visas can get an additional year if they apply for the 489 as a renewal visa. It costs AUD $280. You don't need to submit an EoI for a renewal visa either.

Well. You learn something new every day.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

jackliz5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
I just learned something interesting. Holders of 495/496/475/487 visas can get an additional year if they apply for the 489 as a renewal visa. It costs AUD $280. You don't need to submit an EoI for a renewal visa either.

Well. You learn something new every day.
can you please explain it in detail? did it mean that, any 475 visa holder whose visa has been expired can get 1 year extenstion if they want to apply for newer version 489? the both visas are same for regional areas. thanks a lot.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by jackliz5
can you please explain it in detail? did it mean that, any 475 visa holder whose visa has been expired can get 1 year extenstion if they want to apply for newer version 489? the both visas are same for regional areas. thanks a lot.
I don't think it's meant for people whose visas have expired. It says:

If you hold one of the following visas and have met all the conditions of that visa, you may be eligible to apply for a subclass 489 visa, allowing you to stay in Australia for an additional year:

Skilled—Independent Regional (Provisional) Subclass 495
Skilled—Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) Subclass 496
Skilled—Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Subclass 475
Skilled—Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Subclass 487.
It specifically says hold not held. So I think it needs to be a current visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.