Skills tests Help!!!!

Old Jun 29th 2009, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

shaneandjackie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills tests Help!!!!

hi everyone hope your all well.

Right then i joined this forum on the recommendation of a friend who found all you users helpful and very friendly and said it was his life line during the long and mentally draining process of emigrating to oz.

So here we are me the wife, 2 kids and a bump after many years thought have decided to start the process of emigrating to oz. I run my own joinery/building business and my skills are required on the SOL list and want to locate in a brisbane suburb and i know you have heard this a thousand times but HELP!!!!!! I want to do this myself and just need steering in the right direction so i would be grateful of any help you guys could offer
I think i need to apply for the 175 visa and i need to do a skills test in the uk but cannot find were i can do it

Many Thanks

Shane Jackie + kids
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:00 pm
Reg Migration Agent

chelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nice
Default Re: Skills tests Help!!!!

Originally Posted by shaneandjackie
hi everyone hope your all well.

Right then i joined this forum on the recommendation of a friend who found all you users helpful and very friendly and said it was his life line during the long and mentally draining process of emigrating to oz.

So here we are me the wife, 2 kids and a bump after many years thought have decided to start the process of emigrating to oz. I run my own joinery/building business and my skills are required on the SOL list and want to locate in a brisbane suburb and i know you have heard this a thousand times but HELP!!!!!! I want to do this myself and just need steering in the right direction so i would be grateful of any help you guys could offer
I think i need to apply for the 175 visa and i need to do a skills test in the uk but cannot find were i can do it

Many Thanks

Shane Jackie + kids
you need to look on the vetassess website below

http://www.vetassess.com.au/index.cfm?menu=1.3a

kind regards

Cheryl
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Cheryl

Got it sorted now they are back in the uk in october so i will be booked in.
Do i have to wait until i have done it to start my application???
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:18 pm
Reg Migration Agent

chelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nice

Originally Posted by shaneandjackie
Thanks Cheryl

Got it sorted now they are back in the uk in october so i will be booked in.
Do i have to wait until i have done it to start my application???
You need to do the paper based competency assessment prior to the skills assessment so you should get that started as soon as possible to ensure that you are assessed in time to book in for the practical. You need to assess which of the trades you concentrate on the most as you will be required to pick one.

You do need to get a positive skills assessment (competency and practical) before you are eligible to apply for your visa.

A tip is to make sure that you fully read the website before you do anything else.

I am off to sleep now as it is 12.17am here in Brisbane and being as all the forms change today I have a busy day ahead.... thanks to DIAC!!!!

Kind regards

Cheryl
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Cheryl

Hope you dont get to much of a headache tomorrow and thanks for the help.

Regards Shane.