Wikiposts

Skills assessments- how is best to send

Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:50 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Question Skills assessments- how is best to send

Hi all

We are just putting the finishing touches to the RPL paperwork for the ACS and were just wondering what is the best way to get it there?

Is it worth getting a courier to get them there, or should we trust to luck and pop them in the post?

Anybody had any good, or bad, experiences that they would care to share.

Thanks guys

Shirley
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:57 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skills assessments- how is best to send

We used DHL, you can track it all the way. Cost nearly £50 but worth every penny in my book. Have a look at their website there's a phone number there to ring..

Good luck
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:00 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
We used DHL, you can track it all the way. Cost nearly £50 but worth every penny in my book. Have a look at their website there's a phone number there to ring..

Good luck
Cheers - I also think it is worth the outlay, and it's small change compared to everything else we have to pay for. Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:00 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Re: Skills assessments- how is best to send

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Hi all

We are just putting the finishing touches to the RPL paperwork for the ACS and were just wondering what is the best way to get it there?

Is it worth getting a courier to get them there, or should we trust to luck and pop them in the post?

Thanks guys

Shirley
We sent ours on Wednesday using DHL. They picked it up in the afternoon and I had already paid for it credit card when I booked it so he was here about 5 minutes. The cost was £46.50.

Now we are tracking the item, well kind of anyway! Just look at this:

April 13, 2005 12:59 Reading - UK Shipment picked up
April 13, 2005 18:38 Reading - UK Departing origin
April 13, 2005 20:05 Reading - UK Departed from DHL facility in Reading - UK
April 13, 2005 20:44 London-Heathrow - UK Arrived at DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK
April 14, 2005 15:44 London-Heathrow - UK Departed from DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK
April 14, 2005 15:58 London-Heathrow - UK Arrived at DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK
April 14, 2005 16:50 London-Heathrow - UK Departed from DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK

I sent them an email asking what is going on as it looks like at 15.44 they took it out for a tour of Heathrow Airport and returned 14 minutes later ! ! !

Their reply was it must have been moved to another location in the facility so I guess this means they moved it to another shelf eh!

Now we dont know where it is. When booked we were told it would take three days to get there but I cant see this happening. I will keeep an eye on it anyway.

On the whole DHL have had some good reports on this forum and this is why we used them ................except from Rooksie that is (but thats another story)! LOL

R.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:09 am
JKA
Forum Regular

JKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the rough

I sent my skills assessment by Royal Mail. It cost about £12 and took a week or so to get there. You could track it online but only until it left the UK.

I sent my actual Visa application with DHL. More expensive at £57 but it was picked up from my work, only took 3 days to get there, you could track it all the way and find out who signed for it at the other end.

Having done both I would choose DHL.

JKA
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:13 am
Where I want to be

Well, it looks like it will be DHL then. I like the idea that you can track it.

Caruss, maybe they took your package out for a walk to give it one last look at miserable old england!

Thanks for the answers guys.

Shirley
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:19 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Re: Skills assessments- how is best to send

Well, it looks like it will be DHL then. I like the idea that you can track it.

Caruss, maybe they took your package out for a walk to give it one last look at miserable old england!

Thanks for the answers guys.

Shirley
I hope thats what it was too!

Perhaps someone else can help us who has been through this i.e. Bridiej.

Looking at the last tracking entry so far on the DHL website, do you think that it is actually on the plane now or not. I would have expected to see some sort of entry like 'Departed Heathrow - On route to Australia or in transit to Australia etc.

Any ideas people?

TIA,

R.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:32 am
JKA
Forum Regular

JKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the rough

These are the tracking messages I received. So when it says it has left Heathrow I would say it's on the plane.

March 31, 2005 12:27 Edinburgh - UK Shipment picked up

March 31, 2005 17:39 Edinburgh - UK Departing origin

March 31, 2005 19:13 Edinburgh - UK Departed from DHL facility in Edinburgh - UK

March 31, 2005 20:56 Edinburgh - UK Departed from DHL facility in Edinburgh - UK

March 31, 2005 20:57 Edinburgh - UK Departed from DHL facility in Edinburgh - UK

March 31, 2005 23:24 East Midlands - UK Departed from DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

March 31, 2005 23:25 East Midlands - UK Departed from DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

April 01, 2005 05:36 London-Heathrow - UK Departed from DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK

April 01, 2005 05:57 London-Heathrow - UK Arrived at DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK

April 01, 2005 09:01 London-Heathrow - UK Departed from DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK

April 02, 2005 21:24 Melbourne - Australia Arrived at DHL facility in Melbourne - Australia

April 03, 2005 18:03 Melbourne - Australia Departed from DHL facility in Melbourne - Australia

April 04, 2005 04:57 Adelaide - Australia Arrived at DHL facility in Adelaide - Australia

April 04, 2005 04:57 Adelaide - Australia Arrived at DHL facility

April 04, 2005 06:00 Adelaide - Australia Arrived at DHL facility

April 04, 2005 08:34 Adelaide - Australia With delivery courier

April 04, 2005 09:59 Adelaide - Australia Shipment delivered

JKA
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:34 am
I am not the Messiah!

Talking Re: Skills assessments- how is best to send

Originally Posted by JKA
These are the tracking messages I received. So when it says it has left Heathrow I would say it's on the plane.

March 31, 2005 12:27 Edinburgh - UK Shipment picked up

March 31, 2005 17:39 Edinburgh - UK Departing origin

March 31, 2005 19:13 Edinburgh - UK Departed from DHL facility in Edinburgh - UK

March 31, 2005 20:56 Edinburgh - UK Departed from DHL facility in Edinburgh - UK

March 31, 2005 20:57 Edinburgh - UK Departed from DHL facility in Edinburgh - UK

March 31, 2005 23:24 East Midlands - UK Departed from DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

March 31, 2005 23:25 East Midlands - UK Departed from DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

April 01, 2005 05:36 London-Heathrow - UK Departed from DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK

April 01, 2005 05:57 London-Heathrow - UK Arrived at DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK

April 01, 2005 09:01 London-Heathrow - UK Departed from DHL facility in London-Heathrow - UK

April 02, 2005 21:24 Melbourne - Australia Arrived at DHL facility in Melbourne - Australia

April 03, 2005 18:03 Melbourne - Australia Departed from DHL facility in Melbourne - Australia

April 04, 2005 04:57 Adelaide - Australia Arrived at DHL facility in Adelaide - Australia

April 04, 2005 04:57 Adelaide - Australia Arrived at DHL facility

April 04, 2005 06:00 Adelaide - Australia Arrived at DHL facility

April 04, 2005 08:34 Adelaide - Australia With delivery courier

April 04, 2005 09:59 Adelaide - Australia Shipment delivered

JKA
JKA, thanks very much for that.

We will both sleep much better tonight for knowing this as it looks like it should be enroute.

R & C.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:35 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks guys

Shirley

Use DHL or another courier £50 against blind panic. It's a no brainer
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:50 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Thanks for the replies on this thread. Got up this morning and checked out the DHL website and the application is now in Sydney:

April 16, 2005 13:13 Sydney - Australia Arrived at DHL facility in Sydney - Australia

Seems weird doesn't it, the fact that its there, this afternoon and its still only 7.50am at the moment!

Fingers crossed for a positive result now!

R.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

milindbe will become famous soon enoughmilindbe will become famous soon enough

..just a reminder for all you sending skills assestment:
Take a certified copy of the whole set since you need
to send the same set alongwith your main application
once skills assestment is cleared..

To get those back from assessing body might be tricky later,
and you might end up writing the assestment forms again
hoping it's OK to send those with your visa application, like
in my case..
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:23 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Originally Posted by milindbe
..just a reminder for all you sending skills assestment:
Take a certified copy of the whole set since you need
to send the same set alongwith your main application
once skills assestment is cleared..

To get those back from assessing body might be tricky later,
and you might end up writing the assestment forms again
hoping it's OK to send those with your visa application, like
in my case..
Absolutely right....

The only original stuff to go with our application were the photos of the wife, the cheque and the Original application form.

R.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 9:38 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carruss
I hope thats what it was too!

Perhaps someone else can help us who has been through this i.e. Bridiej.

Looking at the last tracking entry so far on the DHL website, do you think that it is actually on the plane now or not. I would have expected to see some sort of entry like 'Departed Heathrow - On route to Australia or in transit to Australia etc.

Any ideas people?

TIA,

R.
It will be midflight - the next time it will of arrived in Oz - this happened to us on each occasion, there are 2 depot's in the Heathrow area - don't worry on 3 occasions our stuff got there in 3-4 days (allowing for time difference's between zones remember, it will seem longer!). It will not say in Transit or anything but will confirm when in Oz. Don't worry!!!

Lynn
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:18 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi Shirley

Our agent posted our skills assessment five weeks ago ( even though I had been told by someone in his office that it would go via courier). I got fed up waiting for an acknowledgement and pushed then to check, and it turned out they had never been received. So five weeks waiting for nothing and our draft for 500 AUD is also missing.

New set of paperwork and draft was colected from their offices yesterday this time it's gone by courier (surprise,surprise) they have given me the tracking number with Fed-Ex and lo and behold I am trying to track it, but it keeps telling me my tracking number is invalid.

Pulling my hair out now, having a very crappy weekend and I'm driving hubby up the wall!!!!!

Please check out who the best courier is, would hate for anyone else to go through all this s**t needlessly.

Good luck with your application

Carole

Hi all

Thanks guys

Shirley

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.