Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Skills assessment teaching Australia to AITSL

Wikiposts

Skills assessment teaching Australia to AITSL

Old Oct 7th 2012, 1:52 pm
missapps

missapps will become famous soon enough
Default Skills assessment teaching Australia to AITSL

Hi was awarded positive Teaching Australia skills assessment in 2007 and there is no expiry date on this certificate. I used this certificate to apply for my 487 visa. But with recent priority grouping 5 applications being severely delayed, have got myself an agent and now applying for 190 skills select under WA as I qualify for this. Attempting IELTS Test soon.
However now that skills assessment authority has changed to AITSL from original body of Teaching Australia, was wondering if anybody has used their old certificate to apply under this new scheme?
I have contacted Teaching Australia myself and they assured me that my certificate is still valid for them, but that I would need to check with DIAC. however DIAC need AITSL for this visa. Does this mean I need to submit new application and pay $550 again?
Thanks in advance as always.
Laura