Wikiposts

Skills Assessment / New Points Test?

Old May 2nd 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Chimmel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills Assessment / New Points Test?

Did a search, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for (and info on www.immi.gov.au doesn't seem to answer either)...

If I am applying under new points test and want to claim points for my Bachelors degree, do I still need my skills assessed by an Australian body as per the old points test?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:24 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills Assessment / New Points Test?

Originally Posted by Chimmel
Did a search, but couldn't find the answer I was looking for (and info on www.immi.gov.au doesn't seem to answer either)...

If I am applying under new points test and want to claim points for my Bachelors degree, do I still need my skills assessed by an Australian body as per the old points test?

Thanks in advance for any help...
In short Yes, there are just no points for the occupation anymore. There is no definitive answer at present as to whether or not your degree has to be related to the nominated occupation.
Old May 2nd 2011, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Chimmel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skills Assessment / New Points Test?

Thanks.

My degree will be related to my occupation, so not a concern for me (yet). Just wasn't sure if you needed the assessment anymore as you don't get points for "what you do", so would that mean any degree wasn't sure if that meant just a degree certificate would be acceptable?

Was considering getting skills assessed soon to be ready for July 1st, so may just go ahead and do that.