Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Skills Assessment - Accounts? Software Quality Assurance?

Skills Assessment - Accounts? Software Quality Assurance?

Old Dec 29th 2012, 6:41 am
Just Joined

alihassan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills Assessment - Accounts? Software Quality Assurance?

Hi,
hope you all doing well, i am new in this forum form karachi pakistan, i wish to apply with state sponsership visa. my profession is accounts which is available in multiple states i have some query regarding my education i have BCOM dergee with 10+ Exp in the field can any one tell me about the point since i have checked the requirement in Immg website that they need 4 years bacholer degree can anyone tell me that could i apply 190 state sponsership visa with may available educational background
Old Dec 30th 2012, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about 190 Visa

Originally Posted by alihassan
Hi,
hope you all doing well, i am new in this forum form karachi pakistan, i wish to apply with state sponsership visa. my profession is accounts which is available in multiple states i have some query regarding my education i have BCOM dergee with 10+ Exp in the field can any one tell me about the point since i have checked the requirement in Immg website that they need 4 years bacholer degree can anyone tell me that could i apply 190 state sponsership visa with may available educational background
Greetings and welcome in BE family. .

However have you completed your skill assessment as an accountant already and appeared in IELTS exam?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ios_ghost
Greetings and welcome in BE family. .

However have you completed your skill assessment as an accountant already and appeared in IELTS exam?
Thanks for your response, I just wish to have your key doctrine that am i an eligible candidate for applying, since i have only two years bachelor degree but i have more than 10+ years experience in my occupation (Accounts).

Prior to my application for assessment i need you all help that is there any provision to candidate who are bachelor degree but less then four year as Immigration department mentioned that they need bachelor with four years program.

Regards,
Ali
Old Dec 31st 2012, 6:09 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your response, I just wish to have your key doctrine that am i an eligible candidate for applying, since i have only two years bachelor degree but i have more than 10+ years experience in my occupation (Accounts).

Prior to my application for assessment i need you all help that is there any provision to candidate who are bachelor degree but less then four year as Immigration department mentioned that they need bachelor with four years program.

Regards,
Ali
I have not given yet IEELT exam, however i believe that i can get 6 or 6.5 score but while reviewing skill assessment i observed that they are giving 15 points for any bachelor degree with four years.

Pleas help
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 6:15 am
Just Joined

Default Re: IELTS and accountants

Dear All,

Have a happy new year to all of you.

I am new in this forum and wish you key advise on following case

I belong from Karachi Pakistan and did my Graduation B.COM in 2001.(which is two years degree program)
from 2001 to 2010 June i engaged with the relevant field of Account & after June 2010 i join Software Quality Assurance field in the well known IT industry.
Can any one suggest that on what profession i can get success in assessment and DIAC as well.
Regards,

Ali Hassan
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 6:27 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All,

I belong from Karachi Pakistan and did my Graduation B.COM in 2001.(which is two years degree program)
from 2001 to 2010 June i engaged with the relevant field of Account & after June 2010 i join Software Quality Assurance field in the well known IT industry.
Can any one suggest that on what profession i can get success in assessment and DIAC as well.
Regards,

Ali Hassan
Have a look at the job specifications on the DIAC website to see which matches your experience. We won't be able to tell you, as we don't know what you actually do. To be honest, it sounds more computer orientated than to do with accountancy.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 6:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills Assessment - Accounts? Software Quality Assurance?

I have moved posts of yours into one thread. you will not get useful replies by posting part of your story in one unrelated thread, and unanother part in an equally unrelated thread.
Please try and keep your story together, then people might be able to help.
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All,

Regards,

Ali Hassan
You need to look at the skilled occupation list and see if anything sounds like your occupation and then see if you can pass skills assessment for that occupation.

You keep mentioning "accounts", I don't know if it is juts a language thing but when we say that somebody is working in "accounts" then generally they are not an accountant.

In any case, I do not believe you will pass the accountancy skills assessment with your commerce degree if you do not have an accountancy qualification.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You need to look at the skilled occupation list and see if anything sounds like your occupation and then see if you can pass skills assessment for that occupation.

You keep mentioning "accounts", I don't know if it is juts a language thing but when we say that somebody is working in "accounts" then generally they are not an accountant.

In any case, I do not believe you will pass the accountancy skills assessment with your commerce degree if you do not have an accountancy qualification.
Thanks for your feed back, actually this is a question which is confusing me that i have only BCOM-commerce graduation from (Pakistan), but started my professional working as an accountant after my graduation in 2001- i have worked as multiple roles i.e Assistant Accountant, Account Officer, Account Executive Senior Accountant and Finally Assistant Manager Accounts in a listed public limited company. (Starting year was 2001 end to May 2010)

The company where i was working become merge with another group and in resultant all employees was worried about their Jobs, i was also trying to do so, but at that time i could not got the job in my relevant profession, however my new profession was a sort of Auditing, where i used to perform ERP system audit or in other words Software Quality Assurance Department.

This is all about my detail story...........

Now please look in to detail and advice that what could i do for applying because i love to immigrate in Australia.....

One of my friend who has migrate ask me that you can ask to forum then you can get appropriate answer and helpful suggestion for your query i am here to have a great hope form you all that you will help me out.

Regards,
Ali Hassan:
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:43 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your feed back, actually this is a question which is confusing me that i have only BCOM-commerce graduation from (Pakistan), but started my professional working as an accountant after my graduation in 2001- i have worked as multiple roles i.e Assistant Accountant, Account Officer, Account Executive Senior Accountant and Finally Assistant Manager Accounts in a listed public limited company. (Starting year was 2001 end to May 2010)

The company where i was working become merge with another group and in resultant all employees was worried about their Jobs, i was also trying to do so, but at that time i could not got the job in my relevant profession, however my new profession was a sort of Auditing, where i used to perform ERP system audit or in other words Software Quality Assurance Department.

Now please look in to detail and advice that what could i do for applying because i love to immigrate in Australia.....

One of my friend who has migrate ask me that you can ask to forum then you can get appropriate answer and helpful suggestion for your query i am here to have a great hope form you all that you will help me out.

Regards,
Ali Hassan:
Have you looked at the job specifications on the DIAC website yet? We can point you in the right direction, but we won't do it for you. If you think you should be applying as an accountant, have a look at the requirements for the appropriate skills assessment.

If you need detailed advice, you might want to consider consulting a MARA registered agent.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

:
So you want to apply as an accountant? In this case I would refer you to my earlier post, you are unlikely to be able to pass skills assessment with a commerce degrees. To pass the accountant skills assessment you need either a professional accountancy qualification or at the very least an accountancy degree. Your work experience is irrelevant for the skills assessment in this case.

Also, just a tip but I thought the sentence in red was a bit cheeky, I am sure you did not mean to be rude, but it is a bit much to direct a stranger on the internet to carry out some detailed research. Do it yourself!!
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
So you want to apply as an accountant? In this case I would refer you to my earlier post, you are unlikely to be able to pass skills assessment with a commerce degrees. To pass the accountant skills assessment you need either a professional accountancy qualification or at the very least an accountancy degree. Your work experience is irrelevant for the skills assessment in this case.

Also, just a tip but I thought the sentence in red was a bit cheeky, I am sure you did not mean to be rude, but it is a bit much to direct a stranger on the internet to carry out some detailed research. Do it yourself!!
Dear Sir,

I do not mean to direct any one, instead i only want to way around which can be helpful to my positive assessment and further visa process.

Any guideline which can help me out to login...
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:24 am

Dear Sir,

I do not mean to direct any one, instead i only want to way around which can be helpful to my positive assessment and further visa process.

Any guideline which can help me out to login...
Just a bit of off-topic information you should know. Bermudashorts isn't a male, and so shouldn't be referred to as 'sir' (you can tell by the symbol by her name). You also shouldn't use 'dear' to address people on the forum. It's not a formal letter that you're writing. Hope that helps.

Okay, back on topic. If I've understood your post correctly, you want someone to give you information to "get around" the problem you would undoubtedly have in seeking a positive skills assessment. The problem with that is we can't & won't do that. If you don't have the requisite qualifications or experience, then you need to obtain them before trying to get your skills assessed. If you're unwilling to gain the qualifications and/or experience that you need, then you can't proceed any further with the visa process.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Just a bit of off-topic information you should know. Bermudashorts isn't a male, and so shouldn't be referred to as 'sir' (you can tell by the symbol by her name). You also shouldn't use 'dear' to address people on the forum. It's not a formal letter that you're writing. Hope that helps.

Okay, back on topic. If I've understood your post correctly, you want someone to give you information to "get around" the problem you would undoubtedly have in seeking a positive skills assessment. The problem with that is we can't & won't do that. If you don't have the requisite qualifications or experience, then you need to obtain them before trying to get your skills assessed. If you're unwilling to gain the qualifications and/or experience that you need, then you can't proceed any further with the visa process.
Excuse for my mistake......
Ali
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:51 pm
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Skills Assessment - Accounts? Software Quality Assurance?

Pakistani B.Com (which is 14 years of education) is not same as Australian undergraduate degree (16-17 years of education). You would be able to claim 10 points in SkillSelect if your skills are accessed by relevant authority.

In Australia, CPA Australia performs migration assessment for accountants. See their requirements and criteria page for more details.

I am pretty sure that Pakistani B.Com does not cover all required core areas. Even if it does, that wouldn't be equivalent to Australian bachelors degree. You would also need a minimum of 7 band in each IELTS component (which I doubt you would attain with your current level of English based on your posts). You would have better chances if you hold CA or CMA membership with relevant experience.

I would recommend that you should pursue to become a chartered account and/or cost & management account in Pakistan. This would not only open more employment opportunities for you in Pakistan, you will have better chances of skilled migration to Australia. Or you could come to Australia for higher studies, but that won't guarantee you a permanent residence.

Good luck.

Usman