Skills assessment for Accountant

Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Stavus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills assessment for Accountant

Hi, new here! I am a Filipino who wanted to migrate in Australia through GSM subclass 175. I haven't started yet till I am assessed by NIA, ICAA or CPA Australia for my skills.
I'm a certified public accountant in the Philippines. I wanted to be assessed by any of the three mentioned above. I read the migration assessment of these assessing authorities. I have read that my bachelor degree here in the Philippines must be of equivalent degree in Australia and the syllabus of my subjects should be sufficient to be qualified for pre-assessment. My question is this, do you have a lists of Philippine universities that are qualified by the Australian authority as offering an equivalent degree with that of Australian universities, particularly in a degree in accounting? Thanks!
I would like also to know if there are Filipino applicants who qualified in the pre-assessment. Especially those graduates from the University of San Agustin - Iloilo, Philippines. Thanks and more power!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:14 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills assessment for Accountant

hiya,

As this is quite a spefic question you'd probably be best posting it in the acocuntants forum which spefically helps accountants who are hoping to emigrate. My OH is ACCA and has found a lot of useful info there.

You could also mail the assessing authority in question and they might have a list of universities.

hope that helps!

Therese
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:38 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The Country Education Profile for the Philippines, published by NOOSR, will have this information.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

HI! JAJ. do u have a site that will give me access to the Country Education Profile for the Philippines, published by NOOSR? Thanks!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:38 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

http://aei.dest.gov.au/AEI/Qualifica...on/Default.htm

But most CEPs are not available for free - you have to buy them.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks JAJ! Its not for free. Thats why I ask u if there are free access sites.