skills assesment

Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

johnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nice
Default skills assesment

Hi there me and my girlfriend have decided that we are going to emigrate to oz.we have contacted a few agents as we consider it to be the easiest way and have decided to use go matilda as they are local to us and have a good reputation.And also we have the option of doing the skills assesment ourselfs saving £500.Now the visa we are going for is a 175 joint visa and we are doing it through sarah's ocupation as she is a charterd accountant and we have been advised that it is the easiest route for us (im a skilled fabricator welder).The question is how easy is this for us to do ourself's and if any one can point us in the right direction of what papers we need and so on and any other advice would be much appreciated.we have had a look at the goverment web site but we really want to get this done right first time so if it looks to be a night mare we might just get go matilda to do the lot but from what ive herd accountancy is one of the easiest ways in.If there is anyone out there that has done this themselfs any info would be great
Old Nov 17th 2008, 3:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skills assesment

Originally Posted by johnthepom
Hi there me and my girlfriend have decided that we are going to emigrate to oz.we have contacted a few agents as we consider it to be the easiest way and have decided to use go matilda as they are local to us and have a good reputation.And also we have the option of doing the skills assesment ourselfs saving £500.Now the visa we are going for is a 175 joint visa and we are doing it through sarah's ocupation as she is a charterd accountant and we have been advised that it is the easiest route for us (im a skilled fabricator welder).The question is how easy is this for us to do ourself's and if any one can point us in the right direction of what papers we need and so on and any other advice would be much appreciated.we have had a look at the goverment web site but we really want to get this done right first time so if it looks to be a night mare we might just get go matilda to do the lot but from what ive herd accountancy is one of the easiest ways in.If there is anyone out there that has done this themselfs any info would be great
If you are unsure of how to do your application and really think you can't do it on your own then the fees for Go Matilda are worth it. Lots of us have done the applications on our own and have been sucessful. It's a matter of a lot of reading, a lot of evidence gathering and even more double and triple checking to make sure it is all correct before sending it.

Some advice that has nothing to do with migration, but just as a general forum sort of tidbit...It's very difficult to read your posts. It seems to be just one long run on sentence. Punctuation and maybe capitals really help to make it easy for those of us with not so young eyes.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

johnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nicejohnthepom1 is just really nice

Some advice that has nothing to do with migration, but just as a general forum sort of tidbit...It's very difficult to read your posts. It seems to be just one long run on sentence. Punctuation and maybe capitals really help to make it easy for those of us with not so young eyes.[/QUOTE]

sorry to have made it hard for people to read this is only my 3rd post on a forum

in future i will get my girlfriend to check my punctuation.I guess im lucky to not have to sit the english language test to gain more points.

thank you for your reply about going it alone with the application we will bear that it mind.
Any more info on things that may prove to cause us problems would be welcome.ie parts that look straight forward that have proved to not be the case
Old Nov 17th 2008, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

brandyslad is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure you gather together all info needed to prove a long term relationship if you aren't married, bills in both names at the same address, statements from others that you have been together. Details or photos of holidays, family events etc. We are having to do this.

All your docs need to be certified for skills assessment, make sure the wording is correct, we got ours done with a solicitor.

What area are you going to? My OH is a welder but we are going on my visa too to South Australia.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

hi there we are planning on brisbane/sunshine coast we spent a year in oz in2003/04 doing the back packer thing.

its funny you say about gathering evidance about relationships with partners as we have been together ten years and dont have any joint accounts but we have gatherd plenty of documents that can prove we are a couple.

at the moment we are in the stage of getting sarahs skills assest with the appropriate aurthority in oz
one step at a time i guess
Old Nov 17th 2008, 9:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnthepom
hi there we are planning on brisbane/sunshine coast we spent a year in oz in2003/04 doing the back packer thing.

its funny you say about gathering evidance about relationships with partners as we have been together ten years and dont have any joint accounts but we have gatherd plenty of documents that can prove we are a couple.

at the moment we are in the stage of getting sarahs skills assest with the appropriate aurthority in oz
one step at a time i guess
It's ok if you don't have any joint bank accounts - lots of couples don't. Do you own property together or have a joint lease? Those things will help to prove that you're actually living together. Some people also suggest adding invitiations or travel documents (tickets, etc.)

By the way, karma for the much easier to read posts!!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:06 pm
Mauritian Member

jen_mj12 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
have a look at the following link - im planning to lodge an application next year by my own - we've been readings tons of documents and info about immigration and i think that the dept of immigration website is where you'll get all the accurate info
Forums also are of great help

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener..._checklist.pdf