Skills assesment on a 457???

Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

wbbugs will become famous soon enough
Default Skills assesment on a 457???

Hello peeps

I have had a sponsorship offer through from a company in OZ and they have sent me the visa application to fill in. I am a graphics pre press tradesperson with 10 years experience but have no qualifications in my trade. I need to put my on the job training and skills on the application but will they ask me for a assessment to be done? Even though i have a job offer. My salary meets the required salary on the gazette listing but my trade is not on the MODL, but is on the Skills shortage list.

Any else been through this. What did you have to do???

Cheers everyone
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Skills assesment on a 457???

Originally Posted by wbbugs View Post
Hello peeps

I have had a sponsorship offer through from a company in OZ and they have sent me the visa application to fill in. I am a graphics pre press tradesperson with 10 years experience but have no qualifications in my trade. I need to put my on the job training and skills on the application but will they ask me for a assessment to be done? Even though i have a job offer. My salary meets the required salary on the gazette listing but my trade is not on the MODL, but is on the Skills shortage list.

Any else been through this. What did you have to do???

Cheers everyone
Hi,
I'm sorry, no help to you, but am keen to see your responses. We are in a simular situation (except different trade), and no actual job offer yet...so not quite simular but close enough. lol.
Anyway we had the same thoughts etc, so good luck with the replies.
Donna.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:48 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Skills assesment on a 457???

For a 457 visa application, the processing case officer must be satisfied that you are "skilled" to an appropriate level. Although the case officer has the right to request that you complete a skills assessment, in reality this very rarely occurs. Instead, the case officer will likely want to see some letters of reference from your current and previous employers detailing the positions and duties you have performed as evidence of your skill level.

Cheers

Sara